Such a Waste of Energy

Old July 28th 06, 02:14 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default Such a Waste of Energy

The flow of water of our great rivers that flow right by are largest
cities is not being used to turn dynamos. Such simple engineering,for
all that is needed is an undercut water wheel Go figure
Bert

Old July 28th 06, 02:41 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
The flow of water of our great rivers that flow right by are largest
cities is not being used to turn dynamos. Such simple engineering,for
all that is needed is an undercut water wheel Go figure
Bert

Some rivers are sluggish and don't flow much. The Willamette River
below the falls is like that, but there is a power station at the
falls.

On the Columbia River we have the Bonneville Dam, the Dalles Dam, and
the Grand Coulee Dam. But the price paid for cheap electricity is that
we can't harvest tons of wild Salmon anymore. The runs of some species
have become extinct, and all the runs have been damaged. Pretty hard
to catch a salmon with line and tackle anymore. But you can still go
buy them from the Indians. They're allowed to use nets.

Double-A

Old July 28th 06, 07:04 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Double-A don't want to dam the water. Mississippi flows fast. It can be
made to flow faster by just narrowing spaces near the shore line. Its
this mechanical motion that can be used to create electricity These
rivers will not stop flowing. I only want to catch the energy of the
flow with wheel blades that goes to a depth of 7 feet. Bert