Unusual or unknown Astro websites

Old November 18th 03, 02:01 AM
Michael A. Covington

Default Unusual or unknown Astro websites

wrote in message
I am interested in locating unusual or little known, out of the way
astronomy websites for a research project. I'll appreciate any
suggestions.

Now that Google exists, there *are* no little-known, out of the way web
sites.

Old November 18th 03, 02:55 AM
R. Martin

Michael A. Covington wrote:

wrote in message
I am interested in locating unusual or little known, out of the way
astronomy websites for a research project. I'll appreciate any
suggestions.

Now that Google exists, there *are* no little-known, out of the way web
sites.

But some are little-visited, I suspect. ;-)

If everyone starts a blog, who will have time to read them all?

Regards,
Russell
--
Everyone and his dog has a website now, and many of the dogs provide
better content.
Old November 18th 03, 04:08 AM
Paul Below

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 21:01:58 -0500, "Michael A. Covington"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
I am interested in locating unusual or little known, out of the way
astronomy websites for a research project. I'll appreciate any
suggestions.

Now that Google exists, there *are* no little-known, out of the way web
sites.

For fun (there's nothing on TV, it's raining, I forgot to go to the
library, and I don't want to do housework), I went to Google and typed
in:
Unusual or unknown Astro websites
and the first 10 items were all astrology or new age sites.

I think there is a joke there, somewhere.

Paul Below
Battle Point Astronomical Association
Bainbridge Island, WA, USA
http://bainbridgeisland.org/ritchieobs/
Old November 18th 03, 12:15 PM
Sofjan

Now that Google exists, there *are* no little-known, out of the way web
sites.

With spamming and abuse of meta tag google seems tobe overwhelm with cormercial
website or at least giving them more ranking.
Fortunately astronomy site has suffer as bad. but still Unusual or unknown
astrosite need some digging to get to.

Sofjan Mustopoh

Old November 18th 03, 03:59 PM
macnmotion

I was going to suggest typing "astromony" into Google, and thought that
the incorrect spelling would result in just a few not-often-hit sites.
Boy was I wrong.

macnmotion

Chris Greene wrote:
wrote in message . ..

I am interested in locating unusual or little known, out of the way
astronomy websites for a research project. I'll appreciate any
suggestions.

Thanks.

Dennis

The Astronomy Discussion Page -
www.astronomyforum.net

Old November 18th 03, 08:30 PM
Cousin Ricky

macnmotion wrote in message ...
I was going to suggest typing "astromony" into Google, and thought that
the incorrect spelling would result in just a few not-often-hit sites.
Boy was I wrong.

Either a new word has entered the language and not made the
dictionaries yet, or the proofreading (or lack thereof) problem on the
Web is worse than i thought.

Clear skies!

--
~ U.S. Virgin Islands ~ USDA zone 11 ~ 18.3N, 64.9W ~