ARO11 / Campbell's hydrogen star

Old October 21st 16, 08:05 PM
slilge slilge is offline
Senior Member

Default ARO11 / Campbell's hydrogen star

Another image from the unbelievable spell of good weather in August/September. When I imaged ARO11 I did not know that it was identical to Campbell's hydrogen star, not even sure why I imaged it at all.

I mainly took RGB images because the nebula is so bright that no narrow band is needed even in the city. But in RGB the central star was so large that I only used RGB for the background stars and copied a Ha:OIII:OIII image of the nebula into this starfield.

Taken from Berlin with a 10" Meade ACF at f/8 on an AZ-EQ6 mount, Trius SX694 camera, 20x30s each for RGB and 15x30s each for Ha and OIII.

I have attached the cropped but full size version first.

Most remarkable was that the ring structure is moving outward if I make the image brighter. Usually I would expect the inner part to burn out and the burned out part to grow when the image is made brighter. Here the bright part of the nebula just moved outward.

The nebula also has a halo (third picture), which was unknown to me, otherwise I would have done more and longer exposures.

Stefan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ARO11colourcropgut.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	890.1 KB
ID:	6426  Click image for larger version

Name:	ARO11Sequenz.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	6427  Click image for larger version

Name:	ARO11Halo.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	450.2 KB
ID:	6428
Old October 23rd 16, 06:47 PM
WA0CKY WA0CKY is offline
Senior Member

I was going to say I'd never heard of it but there it is on my to-do list at very low priority. I'll have to use Ha to reduce the star.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by slilge View Post

Harlow Campbell Day Painius[_1_] Misc 3 December 30th 12 04:34 PM
Dr. Campbell's Guide To Abductions bert Misc 0 February 7th 10 10:09 PM
Monatomic hydrogen as fuel - need a low bond energy to single hydrogen atoms. Robert Clark Astronomy Misc 6 March 29th 06 08:35 AM
Monatomic hydrogen as fuel - need a low bond energy to single hydrogen atoms. Robert Clark Policy 4 March 24th 06 12:16 AM
A giant cocoon of molecular hydrogen discovered around a massiveyoung star (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 December 10th 03 07:34 PM