"NASA Watch" gets really ****ed off.

Old May 22nd 08, 10:44 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station,sci.environment
V-for-Vendicar

Default "NASA Watch" gets really ****ed off.

It's an expensive rock.

"kT" wrote
I agree entirely, it's a poor design, and I was opposed to building it
at all in that form, and I indeed predicted after Challenger it would
never be built. But they went ahead and built it, and now we're stuck
with it, so with a little creativity it should be much cheaper to
maintain now that it is built. What I am advocating is creativity in
the launch and life support markets, something thus far Americans are
unwilling to do.

Creativity apparently means going back to Apollo.

It can be salvaged of course, and can still do useful work. All that
needs be done is to get AmeriKKKa out of the picutre.

"kT" wrote
I agree entirely, but I would prefer America to become more rational.

That only has the potential of being realized several decades after the
Collapse of the AmeriKKKan state.

The U.S. population is still too deeply disconnected from the reality of
thier ongoing rapid decline.

I blame AmeriKKKan RepubliKKKans for the perpetual stream of U.S. white
elephants in manned space flight.

"kT" wrote
So do I, but there is no time like the present to change that.

Not possible. There is way too much KKKonservative poison flowing through
AmeriKKKa.

I see little value in manned space flight to these orbiting piles of
rubble.

"kT" wrote
Except to keep the mammals from fighting among themselves by giving
them something to do.

Appolo didn't stop Vietnam.

Sell NASA to China. AmeriKKKa could use the cash.

"kT" wrote
NASA is a problem, but that's an entirely different salvage operation.

I don't see how NASA is a problem. Mission constraints are set by the
budget, it's charter, and congressional mandate.

Old May 22nd 08, 07:49 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station,sci.environment
BradGuth

On May 22, 2:44 am, "V-for-Vendicar"
wrote:
[...]

Our Zionist DARPA and their Rothschild Federal Reserve banking cartel
are calling all the shots, along with their mainstream media wizard
Murdock keeping a straight and narrow butt-crack so that only their
infowar crapolla of disinformation spews out, as representing the one
and only word of their extremely white God.
.. - Brad Guth
Old May 26th 08, 06:54 AM posted to sci.space.history
Reunite Gondwanaland (Mary Shafer)

On Sun, 18 May 2008 09:01:38 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

The NASA Watch site has really changed. It used to be an insightful,
and somewhat biting glimpse into space policy. It was quite unique in
doing this, but has now gone somewhat off the rail. There are several
other excellent sites that serve the purpose that NASA Watch used to
serve, and they are forums that actually allow and encourage civil
discourse, rather than just applause. "Yay, Scott!", "Go for it,
Scott!" I really think those folks made their point in dozens of posts
that NASA Watch welcomed, but it may take a hundred such posts for
Keith to see that.

OK, I was a field center engineer who never got downsized, which may
affect my view, but I always thought NASA Watch was nothing but a pack
of HQ weenies who got pushed out (long after the field centers had
taken much deeper hits on complement) and were crying to the world
about how badly they'd been treated.

I always wondered why all of a sudden it was so terrible that NASA had
let people go, when none of those folks had said a word when it was
people at field centers, not themselves at HQ. It was like they
thought they were gods of NASA and shouldn't be expected to be treated
like the rest of the folks. It's not as if most of them ever did that
much to fulfill the NASA mission of doing aerospace research and
exploration. I mean, they were all staff, not line and yes, line
needs staff for support, but staff work isn't the goal of the agency,
line is, despite what NASA Watch said. (Yes, I was line, and yes, I
relied heavily on staff for support, and yes, they did a great job of
it, but they were still staff.)

Mary "Not everyone at HQ was like that, of course."
We didn't just do weird stuff at Dryden, we wrote reports about it.
or
Visit my blog at
http://thedigitalknitter.blogspot.com/
Old May 26th 08, 08:04 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_6_]

On Sun, 25 May 2008 22:54:26 -0700, "Reunite Gondwanaland (Mary
Shafer)" wrote:

OK, I was a field center engineer who never got downsized, which may
affect my view, but I always thought NASA Watch was nothing but a pack
of HQ weenies who got pushed out (long after the field centers had
taken much deeper hits on complement) and were crying to the world
about how badly they'd been treated.

....And based on everything else we've seen in the decade or so since
NW went from being a decent "insider" news source to "The Wrath of
Cowing", your observations are clearly not incorrect. About the only
thing that needs to be clarified is whether the rumors are true in
that Cowing was terminated due to poor job performance as opposed to
simple downsizing. Several of my OMBlog regulars have made comments
about this rumor in the past, and IIRC it was floated around .policy
quite a while back, much to Cowing's chagrin.

Bottom Line: What do Guth, Maxson, Chumpko, McCall and the rest of the
trolling trash have in common with Keith Cowing? They all have
unrequited dates with a 2x4 upside the head!

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old May 26th 08, 09:12 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Shafer)" wrote:

OK, I was a field center engineer who never got downsized, which may
affect my view, but I always thought NASA Watch was nothing but a pack
of HQ weenies who got pushed out (long after the field centers had
taken much deeper hits on complement) and were crying to the world
about how badly they'd been treated.

...And based on everything else we've seen in the decade or so since
NW went from being a decent "insider" news source to "The Wrath of
Cowing", your observations are clearly not incorrect. About the only
thing that needs to be clarified is whether the rumors are true in
that Cowing was terminated due to poor job performance as opposed to
simple downsizing.

He's going to send that Yeti after you...and that Yeti is going to _kill
you_ as you try to to hop away from it.
Might as well have a Wookie on your ass after losing a holographic chess
game against it.
BTW, I've been developing new theories about Yetis recently.
Several years ago, a British explorer tried to observe one by leaving
buckets of warm Irish Stout out on the Himalayan mountainsides,
realizing that the poor, cold, creature would inevitably be drawn to it
by its innate strengthening virtue and excellent scent.
Alas, the idea failed.
Some would say that this was due to the fact that there _are no_ Yetis;
but I see another explanation.
I think that as hairy and huge as they are, Yetis have a distinct sense
of pride.
Imagine walking into a Irish pub as an American tourist and having the
publican offer you a _bucket_ of stout while the other patrons of the
pub attempted to photograph you as some oddity of nature.
No doubt you (if not I- who would accept the bucket with enthusiasm and
then gimbal and gambol around the pub for tourists to photograph as they
pleased while emitting growls and strange ape-like hooting sounds) would
be insulted by such a situation.
I think that the key to successful Yeti observation is the presentation
of such stout; certainly it must be presented in a pint glass, and not a
bucket, while also accompanied by a cheese platter.

Pat
Old May 26th 08, 02:33 PM posted to sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Sun, 25 May 2008 22:54:26 -0700, in a place far, far away, "Reunite
Gondwanaland (Mary Shafer)" made the
phosphor on my monitor glow in such a way as to indicate that:

[...]

Actually, it was one guy, at Reston, not HQ.
Old May 26th 08, 03:52 PM posted to sci.space.history
kT

On May 26, 2:04 am, OM wrote:

Bottom Line: What do Guth, Maxson, Chumpko, McCall and the rest of the
trolling trash have in common with Keith Cowing? They all have
unrequited dates with a 2x4 upside the head!

Bottom Line : Robert Mosley III is a violent fascist, who hates the
constitution of the United States of America, hates freedom of speech
and freedom of expression, and spends his hours trolling the usenet
for trolls with whom to libel, slander and make threats of violence
against.

Robert Mosley III hates America and Americans for their freedoms.

Robert Mosley III is far worse than the usenet trolls he hates.
Old May 27th 08, 01:08 AM posted to sci.space.history
Scott Hedrick[_2_]

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
dakotatelephone...
Might as well have a Wookie on your ass after losing a holographic chess
game against it.

"Bring it on, Fuzzball! Got my canister of Nair right here!"

That's because the Sherpas were sneaking it when he stopped to ****.

Imagine walking into a Irish pub as an American tourist and having the
publican offer you a _bucket_ of stout while the other patrons of the pub
attempted to photograph you as some oddity of nature.

Free beer? Hell, I'd *pose* for 'em- as long as it wasn't Guiness, which
would more properly go into something that ran on diesel.

Old June 5th 08, 03:48 AM posted to sci.space.history
Eric Chomko[_2_]

On May 26, 8:08*pm, "Scott Hedrick" wrote:
[...]

No, free beer tomorrow.
Old June 5th 08, 03:49 AM posted to sci.space.history
Eric Chomko[_2_]

On May 26, 9:33*am, (Rand Simberg)
wrote:
[...]

Depends on which HQ when talking about Reston.