Change in average global temperature from 1880 to 2014 - Nasa

Old September 17th 14, 06:47 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

Default Change in average global temperature from 1880 to 2014 - Nasa

On Monday, September 15, 2014 4:33:39 PM UTC-6, Uncarollo2 wrote:

This is a fun fact:

"Mars is essentially in the same orbit [as Earth]....Mars is somewhat the
same distance from the sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures
where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means
there is oxygen. If oxygen, that means we can breathe."

- Dan Quayle, former vice president, commenting on President George H.W.
Bush's Space Exploration Initiative as quoted in This New Ocean by William E.
Burrows.

So spelling 'potato' as 'potatoe' was not the worst of his disconnects with the
real world. Thank goodness _he_ wasn't the politician who invented the
Internet; it would never work!

John Savard
Old September 17th 14, 06:48 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Monday, September 15, 2014 9:23:27 PM UTC-6, RichA wrote:

Why do you have multiple posts...responding to yourself?

USENET does not allow posts to be edited after they have been sent.

John Savard
Old September 17th 14, 06:52 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Tuesday, September 16, 2014 2:40:01 AM UTC-6, Lord Androcles wrote:

What is wrong with this diagram I am cruelly forced to accept?
http://sureshemre.files.wordpress.co..._solar_day.gif

It has only two circles in it. It should have a third circle, just slightly
displaced from the top one, for 11:56, since the Earth doesn't stop moving in
its orbit for the extra 3 minutes and 56 seconds in a day, compared to a
rotation.

In fact, a mistake like that could confirm Oriel36 in his delusions, since what
it seems to be saying in that respect _is_ properly regarded as absurd.

John Savard
Old September 17th 14, 06:53 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Tuesday, September 16, 2014 3:43:47 PM UTC-6, Lord Androcles wrote:

You were the first in your kindergarten class to put your hand up and
shout out the answer when the teacher asked the kiddy in the desk next to
you, weren't you?

Wasn't "cruelly forced to accept" enough clue for you?

I am sure that Oriel won't cheat and copy his answer, if he does deign to reply to you. Or copy my answer, for that matter.

John Savard
Old September 17th 14, 06:56 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Wednesday, September 17, 2014 5:24:47 AM UTC-6, oriel36 wrote:

It has all the clarity of seeing a skull in a coal vein

Sadly, that is more applicable to your explanations of your concept of what
astronomy should be. Like Ed Conrad, you are tilting at windmills by attempting
to contradict what patient hard work of dedicated scientists has built up over
the years.

John Savard
Old September 17th 14, 07:00 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Wednesday, September 17, 2014 10:03:15 AM UTC-6, oriel36 wrote:
The answer is,of course ,1037.5 miles per hour hence the Earth turns its 24901
mile circumference in 24 hours.

Thank you for presenting the figures. This saves me from looking them up. Based on your data, with the Earth turning its 24,901 mile circumference in 23 hours, 56 minutes, and 4 seconds, its equatorial speed of motion is 1040.4 miles per hour.

John Savard
Old September 17th 14, 10:35 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Bill[_9_]

On Wed, 17 Sep 2014 10:48:35 -0700 (PDT), Quadibloc wrote:

USENET does not allow posts to be edited after they have been sent.

John Savard

Is that what's causing this?

Sure screws up the context & threading for regualar USENET users who
haven't been filtering google groups.

--
Email address is a Spam trap.
Old September 17th 14, 10:38 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Uncarollo2

On Wednesday, September 17, 2014 12:47:53 PM UTC-5, Quadibloc wrote:
On Monday, September 15, 2014 4:33:39 PM UTC-6, Uncarollo2 wrote:

This is a fun fact:

"Mars is essentially in the same orbit [as Earth]....Mars is somewhat the

same distance from the sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures

where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means

there is oxygen. If oxygen, that means we can breathe."

- Dan Quayle, former vice president, commenting on President George H.W..

Bush's Space Exploration Initiative as quoted in This New Ocean by William E.

Burrows.

So spelling 'potato' as 'potatoe' was not the worst of his disconnects with the

real world. Thank goodness _he_ wasn't the politician who invented the

Internet; it would never work!

John Savard

To give Quayle the benefit of the doubt, he may have meant that Mars may have water. In which case it can be split into its components of oxygen and hydrogen. The oxygen can be used in an artificial atmosphere which would allow an astronaut to breathe. However, pure oxygen would be extremely hazardous and would also kill the astronaut if it does not have nitrogen mixed with it.

Uncaoxygen
Old September 18th 14, 12:05 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Wednesday, September 17, 2014 10:38:24 PM UTC+1, Uncarollo2 wrote:
[...]

Amazing what a daily temperature graph will tell you about what the Earth is doing -

http://prairieecosystems.pbworks.com...0variation.jpg

There are fundamentalists and then there are the more disruptive extremists, if you wish to know the difference then look into one of your highly polished mirrors.

You should all learn about how the 24 hour system and the Lat/Long system emerged from first principles of astronomy so that I wouldn't have to wake up to another day in a world where none of these things are known and appreciated.

Old September 18th 14, 01:01 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Monday, September 15, 2014 5:50:59 PM UTC-4, Uncarollo2 wrote:
Interesting chart:

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/ta...LB.Ts+dSST.txt

Have you been able to get your net CO2 emissions down to near zero?

If not, have you been able to get your CO2 emissions down to the target amount of two tons per year?

If not, how about the world per-capita average of five tons?

If not, why are you posting that link?

Are you expecting someone else to take up your slack?