NTRS website shutdown

Old March 20th 13, 07:57 PM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

Default NTRS website shutdown

Papers I've recently linked to from NASA's Technical Report server have
been blocked.

In fact all access to the NTRS server is currently down, thanks to a
pending ITAR review according to FlightGlobal:

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...rested-383640/

*sigh*

This is stemming from a call from US Rep. Frank Wolf (R-VA) for a
"take-down" of all public technical information so it can be reviewed
for "potential violations" of export control laws.

So far I've read nothing saying when such a review will be completed, if
ever.

This "guilty-before-proven-innocent" approach is already affecting folks
in the private & amateur sector.

We need another public letter writing campaign I'm afraid, starting with
the Honorable Mr. Wolf and then your own representatives.

When it comes to the Internet(s) it's a little late now to be fretting
about such things. I'm thinking horse and barn door.

A quote from the above linked article:

"He doesn't want our space programme to advance them [China], directly
or indirectly. Since he funds NASA he gets to make sure that NASA isn't
cooperating with China's space programme," Muncy adds. "He's very
consistent about it, he's very open about it, he hasn't surprised anyone
with this."

[programme? FlightGlobal == FlightUK? :-)]

Well, he caught me by surprise, how 'bout you? BTW, I'd like to remind
the honorable Mr. Wolf that he is funding NASA with *my* money.

Dave
Old March 20th 13, 08:19 PM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

FYI, Mr. Wolf is the chairman of the House Subcommittee on Commerce,
Justice and Science [pick two].

Dave

Old March 21st 13, 10:19 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jochem Huhmann

David Spain writes:

FYI, Mr. Wolf is the chairman of the House Subcommittee on Commerce,
Justice and Science [pick two].

Two? One.

Jochem

--
"A designer knows he has arrived at perfection not when there is no
longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away."
Old March 22nd 13, 12:28 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

"Jochem Huhmann" wrote in message ...

David Spain writes:

FYI, Mr. Wolf is the chairman of the House Subcommittee on Commerce,
Justice and Science [pick two].

Two? One.

I'll pick the comma?

Jochem

NTRS down? [email protected] History 5 November 28th 06 09:21 PM
HST Shutdown PAUL SUTTON Misc 41 May 28th 05 06:07 AM
ntrs.nasa.gov is Fully Up and Running Again Vincent D. DeSimone History 1 October 23rd 04 03:54 PM
Is ntrs.nasa.gov down? Vincent D. DeSimone History 12 October 12th 04 11:38 PM