Spacetime foam - usage notes

Old December 6th 11, 06:17 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius[_1_] Painius[_1_] is offline
Banned

Default Spacetime foam - usage notes

Can spacetime foam be put to good use?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacetime_foam

It would be interesting to find out what you think spacetime foam, aka
quantum foam, might be good for. Here are some possibilities that
spring to mind...

1) The speed of light (electromagnetic radiation), or "c".
Maybe the speed of light is what it is, and not something else,
because of the density of spacetime foam. If that density changes in,
say, interstellar space, then c might be different there, as well. If
c, the speed of light, is substantially higher out in interstellar
space, then the stars are substantially closer to us than presently
calculated.

2) The theory of relativity.
Einstein's theory calls for the curving of spacetime by mass. What is
actually curving? Maybe what is curving is spacetime foam.

3) Gravitation.
Spacetime foam is made of "virtual particles", particles that are
energy in one fraction of a nanosecond, and then matter in the next
fraction of a nanosecond, and then energy again, and so forth. If
these virtual particles move down through Earth's atmosphere, they
really aren't matter for long enough in any given nanosecond to
generate heat energy, as the particles in the old Le Sage models would
generate.

Maybe the virtual particles of spacetime foam rain down through our
bodies similar to the wind through the sails of a windmill. That
would push us down and give us weight, would keep our feet on the
ground.

4) ?

(What do *you* think that spacetime foam might be good for?)

--
Happy Holidays!
Indelibly yours,
Old December 6th 11, 06:44 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Dec 5, 10:17*pm, Painius wrote:
[...]

Perhaps a modulated Planck second is what quantum foam does.

Does this spacetime foam vibrate?

Isn't gravity near zero hz?

http://translate.google.com/#
Old December 6th 11, 01:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2[_2_]

On Dec 6, 1:17*am, Painius wrote:
[...]

Painius I go with #3 Reason "Spacetime" It goes with my "convex,and
concave curving of space" I see "spacetime foam,only when thinking of
ultramicroscopic scales.I use it as one might use spacetime as a union
of space and time plus I add sub-particles to it, It kind of goes with
"Flop transition." Ooops Calabi-Yau space shape just curled up in my
brain. Best I end here. TreBert
Old December 6th 11, 01:51 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2[_2_]

On Dec 6, 8:33*am, "G=EMC^2" wrote:

[...]

Painius we can not make any use of this foam. Its in the quantum
layer ,and we are in the upper macro layer of GR TreBert
Old December 6th 11, 02:51 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"Painius" wrote in message
Can spacetime foam be put to good use?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacetime_foam

It would be interesting to find out what you think spacetime foam, aka
quantum foam, might be good for. Here are some possibilities that
spring to mind...

1) The speed of light (electromagnetic radiation), or "c".
Maybe the speed of light is what it is, and not something else,
because of the density of spacetime foam. If that density changes in,
say, interstellar space, then c might be different there, as well. If
c, the speed of light, is substantially higher out in interstellar
space, then the stars are substantially closer to us than presently
calculated.

That would be a logical assumption. Everything else is tied to certain
parameters, the speed of sound to the air density at sea level, the boiling
point of water to relative atmospheric pressure (i.e. altitude, for the
Missoura hillbillies), current flow to resistance etc. It therefore stands
to reason that something also controls "c" and that variable can change from
one area of the Universe to the other. You can call it Atoms/square meter or
dark energy/parsec or furlongs/fortnight, or whatever else strikes your
fancy, but Space Foam might just be the proper moniker for the stuff.

Old December 6th 11, 02:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"G=EMC^2" wrote in message
On Dec 6, 8:33 am, "G=EMC^2" wrote:
On Dec 6, 1:17 am, Painius wrote:

[...]

*** The only foam you see is what's left in the bottom of that
empty Bud Light bottle you've been sucking on ...

Old December 6th 11, 04:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy

On Tue, 6 Dec 2011 06:53:45 -0800, "Hägar" wrote:

"G=EMC^2" wrote in message

:
:Painius we can not make any use of this foam. Its in the quantum
:layer ,and we are in the upper macro layer of GR TreBert

*** The only foam you see is what's left in the bottom of that
empty Bud Light bottle you've been sucking on ...

heh good one.

Bert, we're jus' spekalatin, because we don't even have instruments
yet that can confirm the existence of spacetime foam, let alone what
it might be doing.

My next guess is that spacetime foam is the same as oc's sub-Planck
energy domain (SPED), and it does everything we have said the SPED
does. It flows. It flows into matter with the mass acting as a
flowsink. It flows into each and every atom, rejuvenating, constantly
replenishing the energy used by each atom. And as it does this, as
the spacetime foam/SPED flows into matter, it is the actual cause of
gravity.

Spacetime foam/SPED flows into Earth, keeps our feet on the ground and
gives us "weight". Spacetime foam/SPED flows into the Sun to contain
the "massive" amount of outbursting mass of our star. Spacetime
foam/SPED flows into our Solar system and keeps all the planets,
asteroids, dwarf planets, KBOs, comets, etc., on definite orbital
paths around the Sun, doing so while the whole Solar system is carried
around the center of the galaxy at nearly 600,000 miles per hour.
Spacetime foam/SPED flows into our galaxy and keeps all the mighty
stars and the meek stars, too, in orbital paths around the central
black hole. While the actual speed of the spacetime foam/SPED may
vary and is relatively slow, like the water molecules in a full garden
hose, the virtual particles push each other, so the *effect* of the
spacetime foam/SPED as it flows toward and into that black hole is
*INSTANT*. The spacetime foam/SPED flows into entire galaxy clusters
and causes the "gravitational lensing" effect, which isn't really
gravitational at all, because it is not the result of an acceleration.
I forget what oc called it, but I like to call that effect "dynamic
lensing", because it results from the dynamics of the flowing
spacetime foam/SPED.

Last but not least, the spacetime foam/SPED flows into that
"gravitational anomaly" called the Great Attractor, and carries whole
and entire galaxy clusters with it, including ours. Spacetime
foam/SPED is actually what scientists call "dark matter", because it
is the very existence and operation of the spacetime foam/SPED that
results in all of the effects thus far attributed to dark matter.

The spacetime foam/SPED must be under great pressure from somewhere in
order for it to accomplish the above. Just like the pump that forces
water through the water hose, there has to be something quite powerful
out there somewhere that causes the spacetime foam/SPED to flow.

And since you said that you go with the #3 Reason, that is my more
detailed assessment of #3, above.

Old December 6th 11, 04:55 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2[_2_]

On Dec 6, 9:53*am, "H gar" wrote:
"G=EMC^2" wrote in message

On Dec 6, 8:33 am, "G=EMC^2" wrote:

On Dec 6, 1:17 am, Painius wrote:

[...]

Hagar you can't even get that right. Beer foam is only at the top. You
being a no brainer don't even know why. TreBert
Old December 6th 11, 08:02 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2[_2_]

On Dec 6, 11:54*am, Painius wrote:
On Tue, 6 Dec 2011 06:53:45 -0800, "H gar" wrote:

"G=EMC^2" wrote in message
On Dec 6, 8:33 am, "G=EMC^2" wrote:
On Dec 6, 1:17 am, Painius wrote:

[...]

"There is a great warrior within all of us. *What wakes yours up Painius please forgive me as you see spacetime foam as a "what if" and I'm takin it as reality. You see it like oc as a force of gravity.I see it as in Planck distance as taking away any smoothness and making tiny space bubbly .I can even think of these bubbles as singularities creating big bang thus universes.(virtual universes) Since I'm thinking very far out even for me I'll add this. "Spacetime foam will be used 10 million years from now by Humankind to go to their parrell universe by connecting a man made wormhole. You want far out speculation. I'm your man TreBert

Old December 7th 11, 09:41 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"G=EMC^2" wrote in message
On Dec 6, 11:54 am, Painius wrote:
On Tue, 6 Dec 2011 06:53:45 -0800, "H gar" wrote:

"G=EMC^2" wrote in message
On Dec 6, 8:33 am, "G=EMC^2" wrote:
On Dec 6, 1:17 am, Painius wrote:

SNIP

Painius please forgive me as you see spacetime foam as a "what
if" and I'm takin it as reality. You see it like oc as a force of gravity.I
see it as in Planck distance as taking away any smoothness and making tiny
space bubbly .I can even think of these bubbles as singularities creating
big bang thus universes.(virtual universes) Since I'm thinking very far out
even for me I'll add this. "Spacetime foam will be used 10 million years
from now by Humankind to go to their parrell universe by connecting a man
made wormhole. You want far out speculation. I'm your man TreBert

*** CORRECTION ***

If you want to see mental degradation play out right before our eyes, you're
our man, BeeertBrain ...

Spacetime Foam + QM+ GR= Strings G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 29 May 9th 07 01:20 AM
Spacetime Foam + QM+ GR= Strings G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 1 May 8th 07 01:19 PM
Question on shuttle fuel usage on liftoff. [email protected] Astronomy Misc 3 June 22nd 05 10:00 PM
Naval LOX usage? Andrew Gray History 41 September 27th 04 08:07 AM
Maximum magnification and optimum usage ^MisterJingo^ UK Astronomy 2 December 12th 03 07:12 AM