Could Global Warming be the Savior of Humanity?

Old January 20th 11, 01:29 AM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,soc.culture.china
Jonathan

Default Could Global Warming be the Savior of Humanity?

"Brad Guth" wrote in message
On Jan 18, 5:05 pm, "Jonathan" wrote:

Where do you supposed that "free market democracies" exist?
Seems our nation lost whatever "free market democracies" when we
mutually perpetrated the cold war.

Everything's relative. The nations which are closer to the ideal form
should be leading the pack. And they do.

Are you suggesting that government and insider honesty doesn't matter?

The electronic explosion is changing everything so fast, and
the trends are in the right direction.

What American agency is fully trustworthy?

As trusty as any typical American I suppose.

~ BG

Old January 20th 11, 01:38 AM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,soc.culture.china
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Jan 19, 5:29*pm, "Jonathan" wrote:
"Brad Guth" wrote in message

On Jan 18, 5:05 pm, "Jonathan" wrote:

Where do you supposed that "free market democracies" exist?
Seems our nation lost whatever "free market democracies" when we
mutually perpetrated the cold war.

Everything's relative. The nations which are closer to the ideal form
should be leading the pack. And they do.

Are you suggesting that government and insider honesty doesn't matter?

The electronic explosion is changing everything so fast, and
the trends are in the right direction.

What American agency is fully trustworthy?

As trusty as any typical American I suppose.

* ~ BG

That's all evasive. The faith-based rusemasters of government have no
intentions of ever stepping down. Special interest groups/cabals
still have way too much authority and not neatly enough truth.

Global electronic robo-trading itself is sucking out billions per day.

~ BG

~ BG
Old January 20th 11, 02:08 AM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,soc.culture.china
Catoni

Desertphile posted:

"If they exist. In 20,000 years there may be only a few hundred
thousand people alive. They won't have iron, nor steel, nor fossil
fuels."

Won't need fossil fuels. In 20,000 years we will have discovered
new sources of energy.
But why wouldn't we have any iron or steel? Would we have
shipped it all off-planet?

I suspect that in just a couple of hundred years, we will not only
have a lot of iron and steel, from re-using what iron and steel we
have now, but also we will be mining the asteroids. Lots of iron
available.

You worry too much....but then that's no surprise..after
all ...you are an Alarmist.
Old January 20th 11, 02:09 AM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,soc.culture.china
Catoni

On Jan 19, 6:32*pm, Brad Guth wrote:
On Jan 19, 9:01*am, Tom P wrote:

On 01/18/2011 02:00 AM, Jonathan wrote:

Please look at the following two 'versions' of Earth.
One is our past and ...future.

Earth 18,000 years ago
http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/last_glacial_max.html

Earth present day
http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/pr...erglacial.html

A Brief History of Ice Ages and Warming

"Except for two relatively brief interglacial episodes, one peaking
about 125,000 years ago (Eemian Interglacial), and the other beginning
about 18,000 years ago (Present Interglacial), the Earth has been under
siege of ice for the last 160,000 years."

The reigning climate pattern is where the Earth spends roughly 100,000
years in a deep ice age, followed by
a brief period of some 15 or 20 thousand warmer years where life explodes.

The last ice age ended some.....18,000 years ago....btw.

As far as I know, there's no good explanation for this
ice age cycle. Which would imply....strongly imply..
the cause is some as yet unknown astronomical change.

So when this occurs some century soon, humanity needs
to be ready, and have the ability to quickly and effectively
respond...one way of the other. Regardless if the future
is too warm, or too cold.

This leads me to what might seem like a contradiction.
I don't believe the current climate change is such a menace to our
future, all things considered. But I do
agree that the world should collectively begin
gaining the ability to manage the biosphere.

Which requires the nations of the world to be able
to manage..themselves..first. The answer to climate change is...social
change. World-wide freedom and democracy!

Climate change will cause the extinction of
the ...dictatorships of the world.
And to our great benefit!

Imho!

Jonathan

Global Warming a Chilling Perspective
http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/ice_ages.html

The next Ice Age is not expected for another 20,000 years, so if we all
agree to stop burning fuel until then, well yes you could be right.

Conversely, if we continue at the present rate, the folks in 20,000
years time will have nothing left to burn, so you're not doing them a
big load of help by burning it all now.

T.

We should have been measurably tipping into the next ice age as of a
century ago. *Instead the global trend is still strongly thawing us
out.

*~ BG

Good.......
Old January 20th 11, 02:36 AM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,soc.culture.china
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Jan 19, 9:01*am, Tom P wrote:

[...]

Good if you are inert or an immortal. Bad if you are part of the
global regular biodiversity, of which we humans are 1 ppm of.

Jews clearly do not like snow or ice, so we can always say it's good
for them as long as they don't mind paying through the nose (so to
speak) for most everything.

~ BG
Old January 20th 11, 12:16 PM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,soc.culture.china
Catoni

On Jan 19, 9:01*am, Tom P wrote:

[...]

*~ BG- Hide quoted text -

You really want another Glacial Period ? (NOT ice age... as we are
technically still in one)

Warmer is better. We've had many periods on Earth with no ice caps
or glaciers at all. Forests up near the poles... Alligators on
Ellesmere Island.

When another Glacial Period happens... it will be goodbye to a lot
of cities bulldozed flat by mile high ice sheets.

Famine.... mass starvation on a scale never before seen. So many
dead there won't be enough people alive to bury them all. That's what
will happen when the ice returns..

Warmer is better...

Old January 20th 11, 03:19 PM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,soc.culture.china
Tom P[_4_]

On 01/19/2011 11:13 PM, Michael Gordge wrote:
On Jan 20, 4:20 am,
wrote:

The
currebt warming period is the problem---

What is the "problem"? The Siberians using less fire wood for heating
is a problem?

MG

The population of Siberia makes up around 0.3% of the world population.
Africa makes up around 15%. Asia 50%.

Old January 20th 11, 04:15 PM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,soc.culture.china
Brad Guth[_3_]

wrote:

The
currebt warming period is the problem---

What is the "problem"? The Siberians using less fire wood for heating
is a problem?

MG

The population of Siberia makes up around 0.3% of the world population.
Africa makes up around 15%. Asia 50%.

Lots of room for people in Greenland, northern Canada or the same goes
for the vast bulk of Russia. All that's needed is cheap and reliable
energy that's as clean and failsafe as thorium.

~ BG