ASTRO: IC1805 widefield and rosette widefield in halpha

Old November 24th 07, 06:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp

Default ASTRO: IC1805 widefield and rosette widefield in halpha

IC1805 region:

this is 6 x 20 minutes of halpha (cs 4.5nm) taken with the img6303 using a
pentax 300mm f/4 6x7 medium format lens wide open

Rosette widefield:

this is 12 x 20 minutes of halpha (cs 4.5nm) taken with the img6303 using a
pentax 300mm f//4 6x7 medium format lens wide open

they were taken under a near full-moon at my ranch near mariposa, ca

this is the first set of images from the ranch and wouldn't you know it
would have to be full moon?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ic1805_p300_6303_cs4_ha_6x20min_xga.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	235.7 KB
ID:	1485  Click image for larger version

Name:	rosette_p300_6303_cs4_ha_12x20min_xga.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	209.3 KB
ID:	1486
Old November 24th 07, 06:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Richard Crisp wrote:

IC1805 region:

this is 6 x 20 minutes of halpha (cs 4.5nm) taken with the img6303 using a
pentax 300mm f/4 6x7 medium format lens wide open

Rosette widefield:

this is 12 x 20 minutes of halpha (cs 4.5nm) taken with the img6303 using a
pentax 300mm f//4 6x7 medium format lens wide open

they were taken under a near full-moon at my ranch near mariposa, ca

this is the first set of images from the ranch and wouldn't you know it
would have to be full moon?

Nice shots, I'm envious -- more of your having clear skies. Two months
of nothing but clouds has me grouchy.

I hadn't noticed the "baby" was diaperless. It appears to have left a
deposit behind. See what clouds for weeks on end do to me?

Were you down there for those shots or have you set up a remote system
you were talking about? Must be a 3-4 hour drive or more down there.
Now that my mother-in-law is not likely capable of going home due to
health reasons (she's 86) I doubt I'll be in the area any more. Used to
be down that way every fall and spring.

Rick

Old November 24th 07, 09:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Richard Crisp" wrote
IC1805 region:
......... Rosette widefield:

this is 12 x 20 minutes of halpha (cs 4.5nm) taken with the img6303 using
a pentax 300mm f//4 6x7 medium format lens wide open

they were taken under a near full-moon at my ranch near mariposa, ca

this is the first set of images from the ranch and wouldn't you know it
would have to be full moon?

Wonderful results Richard! I love what you get with that lens!

Full moon?? Yep, I noticed it out there last night lighting up the frost.
At a temp 15 F it was a little too cold for me to bother to go out and fight
with all of that natural light pollution. With Clear Sky Clock saying the
seeing was going to be awful it wasn't even worth it to see the moon or
Mars.

George N

Old November 25th 07, 04:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

"Rick Johnson" wrote in message

Richard Crisp wrote:

[...]

On normal weekends it takes about 2.25 to 2.5 hours door to door. It took a
bit longer on Thanksgiving Day due to traffic.

Getting back today was a breeze: took just at 2hrs 15 minutes. It is 125
miles

Now that my mother-in-law is not likely capable of going home due to
health reasons (she's 86) I doubt I'll be in the area any more. Used to
be down that way every fall and spring.

My mom is looking forward to 87 in early January

She's still in pretty darn good shape considering her age

Rick

Old November 25th 07, 06:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Richard Crisp wrote:

My mom is looking forward to 87 in early January

She's still in pretty darn good shape considering her age

My mom would be 99 if still alive. I'm a lot older than my wife. Her
mom would be in much better health if not for a life time of smoking.
It destroyed her lungs. So she's in constant pain to the point of agony
even narcotics can't control and tied to an oxygen tube. She's unable
to move more than a few feet without gasping for air. If smokers could
recognize the hell they are in for, assuming a sudden heart attack or
stroke doesn't get them first, they'd try a lot harder to quit.

It's all the sadder as I have one of the, apparently rare, great
mother-in-laws. She's a gem, now laid low by smoking unfortunately.

Rick