ASTRO: NGC2267 Halpha

Old January 24th 08, 12:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Patrice Boyer

Default ASTRO: NGC2267 Halpha

Hi all,
the sun is back, clouds are gone. This night i shot for the first time
ngc2237 in Halpha as the moon was full, to increase my fov i used a meade
fd3.3 reducer, the results are quite good with such a reducer except on the
borders were stars are elongated, it seems to be a solution for wide field
with my setup.
8" SCT Meade + Sbig ST2000 + VIXEN SPDX + skysensor 2000PC
9 X 20 min autoguiding with 60 mm refractor and starlight guider cam

Patrice Boyer

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ngc2237_Halpha_9X20min.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	231.0 KB
ID:	1643
Old January 24th 08, 03:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
DvandenH

Patrice, this is one great image! whow.
I also own a f/3.3 reducer but untill i saw your image i wasn't sure if i
would ever use it..
But this image did it for me i will use it.

reg
Dirk

--
Dirk van den Herik

A journey of thousand lightyears
starts with the first step.

Old January 25th 08, 01:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Patrice Boyer" wrote

Wonderful image with lots of interesting detail Patrice!

George N

Old January 25th 08, 02:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Patrice Boyer

Thanks George,
but i think the Halpha version BW is a bit overprocesed and so too noisy, i
reprocessed it with the same details but less noisy and aggressive, i shot
also some rgb data to add to th color pic as the moon came later annoying me
yesterday, i have much less green background to remove and also the
vignetting (awful with th f3.3 reducer) was minimized.

Old January 25th 08, 02:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Patrice Boyer

Hi Dirk, Thanks a lot,
i was also surprised by the result, in fact you can use it safely with Ha
filter but without the vignetting is extremly important, that's what i
experimented with my astrodon RGB filters, these are also not parfocal with
the use of the reducer, you should use very good flat to achieve good final
result.

Patrice

bel.net...