Three Major Newspapers Agree! (Lost Civilization in Antarctica)

Old August 24th 17, 08:06 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

Default Three Major Newspapers Agree! (Lost Civilization in Antarctica)

The Sun, the Daily Mail, and the Daily Express!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/238022...he-south-pole/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ry-claims.html

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/...UFO-conspiracy

These are early results I found after Googling the strangest item in a "10 Ancient Civilizations You've Never Heard Of" video on YouTube.

Yet another newspaper carried it:

http://www.news.com.au/technology/sc...a525013ecba97b

- they took the article from the Sun

Fortunately, there's at least one site debunking it:

https://owlcation.com/humanities/Deb...ntarctica-myth

but this only debunks the pyramids, now they've come up with domes instead...

But I thought everyone knew that there was never a lost civilization of _humans_
in Antarctica - instead, it was a civilization of cucumbers from outer space! You know, the one found by the ill-fated Pabodie expedition...

John Savard
Old August 24th 17, 10:42 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy[_2_]

Quadibloc wrote in
:

The Sun, the Daily Mail, and the Daily Express!

https://www.thesun.co.uk

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/

http://www.express.co.uk/

I'll bet you read CNN and the New York Times, too.

--
Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland:

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Old August 25th 17, 04:15 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Thursday, August 24, 2017 at 3:42:39 PM UTC-6, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:

I'll bet you read CNN and the New York Times, too.

At first, I wondered what the point of that was - since the New York Times, at
least, has a very high reputation as a trustworthy news source.

But it finally dawned on me that this could make sense as a humorous jape _if_
one, for example, believed that, oh, say, Fox News was more likely to provide
accurate information than CNN.

If that was indeed your point, no retort on my part would be necessary.

John Savard
Old August 25th 17, 04:49 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy[_2_]

Quadibloc wrote in
:

On Thursday, August 24, 2017 at 3:42:39 PM UTC-6, Gutless
Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:

I'll bet you read CNN and the New York Times, too.

At first, I wondered what the point of that was - since the New
York Times, at least, has a very high reputation as a
trustworthy news source.

Heh. Maybe once upon a time. Not in the last couple of decades.
They once used the National Enquirer as a source you know (and
publicly admitted it).

But it finally dawned on me that this could make sense as a
humorous jape

It was a joke, as your post seemed to be. Though with you, one
never knows. You may actually believe that rainbow farting unicorns
once lived in Antartica (and nuked all the non-white unicorns - if
only they'd mastered the genetic science needed to produce unicorn
vat girls, they'd still RULE THE WORLD!!!)

_if_ one, for example, believed that, oh, say, Fox
News was more likely to provide accurate information than CNN.

Fox is exactly as likely to provice accurate news as CNN, or MSNBC,
or NYT, or Breitbart, or Pravda, or the Wingnut News Daily, or the
monkeys that fly out of your ass. Which is to say, they're all
fiction.

If that was indeed your point, no retort on my part would be
necessary.

And yet, here we are.

Old August 26th 17, 03:53 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_1_]

On Thursday, August 24, 2017 at 3:06:22 PM UTC-4, Quadibloc wrote:
[...]

This lunacy is not new. I remember reading how civilizations grew to be on the level that we now see. But they were wiped-out by catastrophic events like comet impacts or volcanoes. The ridiculous part is believing this could have happened and absolutely nothing was ever left behind.
Old August 29th 17, 11:29 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Martin Brown[_3_]

On 24/08/2017 20:06, Quadibloc wrote:
The Sun, the Daily Mail, and the Daily Express!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/238022...he-south-pole/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ry-claims.html

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/...UFO-conspiracy

These are early results I found after Googling the strangest item in a "10 Ancient Civilizations You've Never Heard Of" video on YouTube.

It is the silly summer season with low to no news so they make stuff up.

Shock claims by conspiracy theorists etc. They will do anything to boost
circulation. Present fad is recycled Diana Paris crash story conspiracy.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old August 29th 17, 02:29 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Tuesday, 29 August 2017 12:29:16 UTC+2, Martin Brown wrote:

It is the silly summer season with low to no news so they make stuff up.

Shock claims by conspiracy theorists etc. They will do anything to boost
circulation. Present fad is recycled Diana Paris crash story conspiracy.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Everybody knows her car crashed into The Tardis just as it was translating through time and space from its previous position on the far side of The Moon, beside The Obelisk, 55 millennia ago.
Old August 30th 17, 03:10 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_6_]

Quadibloc wrote:
The Sun, the Daily Mail, and the Daily Express!

This must be true, because I got it from a second source--a guy who is a groupie at astronomy clubs. He told me just last Saturday about the Antarctic civilization. Furthermore, he said, aliens are operating an underground DNA lab in South Africa. Furthermore, aliens (I don't know if they're the same ones with the DNA lab) are seeding the Van Allen belts with highly radioactive isotopes to prevent humans from leaving Earth. The Russians are launching American astronauts into the Van Allen belts and then bringing them back to Earth. They're like "French fries" when they return, I was informed.
Old August 30th 17, 06:05 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 8:10:12 PM UTC-6, Davoud wrote:
The Russians are launching American astronauts

Well, at least *this part* is true. The Americans haven't come up with another way
to get to the ISS yet.

Of course, maybe the real reason is because it's easier to maintain security over
the movie set that stands in for the ISS in a Russian location...

John Savard