Houston Houston, do you hear me?

Old September 7th 17, 01:42 AM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

Default Houston Houston, do you hear me?

On Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 12:55:13 AM UTC-4, Fred J. McCall wrote:
jacob navia wrote:

Le 31/08/2017 Ã* 15:46, Fred J. McCall a écritÂ*:
In other words, like all GCC True Believers, the evidence only matters
when you say it does. If the AVERAGE temperature is going up, the
AVERAGE storm should be more severe and the AVERAGE number should be
going up. Why are neither of those two things true?

Categorie 5 Hurricane Irma will hit the U.S. this week-end. It is the
strongest hurricane since 10 years, with sustained gusts of 180 miles
per hour (289 Km/h) at the center.

There is no blinder person as the man who doesn't want to see.

So why the 10 year gap between 'strongest storm' given continual
global warming? Speaking of 'blinder' and all...

Then on Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 6:48 AM, Fred J. McCall wrote:
A couple storms in one year isn't 'climate'.

You've got that right.

It is quite normal to have a 10 year gap between 'strongest storm'.
This is not about weather, it is climate.

Alain Fournier

Old September 8th 17, 04:34 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

jacob navia wrote:

Le 31/08/2017 à 15:46, Fred J. McCall a écrit*:
In other words, like all GCC True Believers, the evidence only matters
when you say it does. If the AVERAGE temperature is going up, the
AVERAGE storm should be more severe and the AVERAGE number should be
going up. Why are neither of those two things true?

Categorie 5 Hurricane Irma will hit the U.S. this week-end. It is the
strongest hurricane since 10 years, with sustained gusts of 180 miles
per hour (289 Km/h) at the center.

There is no blinder person as the man who doesn't want to see.

So why the 10 year gap between 'strongest storm' given continual
global warming? Speaking of 'blinder' and all...

Then on Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 6:48 AM, Fred J. McCall wrote:
A couple storms in one year isn't 'climate'.

You've got that right.

It is quite normal to have a 10 year gap between 'strongest storm'.
This is not about weather, it is climate.

And a week later, the strongest storm in recorded history hits
the carribean. Of course Fred still doesn't see any change.

Once again, one year of bad storms doesn't make 'climate'. I'm sorry
you're ignorant.

-- Thomas Jefferson
Old September 8th 17, 07:59 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Rob[_8_]

Fred J McCall wrote:

jacob navia wrote:

[...]

It was never claimed that bad storms make 'climate'.
It was claimed that storms get worse because of warming.
Of course not every storm. Of course not every year.
But it is apparent that the strongest storms are in recent years.
Old September 9th 17, 10:44 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

On 2017-09-08 11:34, Fred J. McCall wrote:

Once again, one year of bad storms doesn't make 'climate'. I'm sorry
you're ignorant.

Look at how much the USA has to spend to fix damage caused by weather
events over time. Suspect you will see a significant increase.

I don't doubt you will. That's because the value of stuff goes up. A
building in 1960 cost a lot less than the same building in 2017.

New York City area hasn't finished dealing with Sandy yet.

The joy of union labor.

snip more anecdotal bs

You need to delineate whether you are talking 'climate change' that is
always happening or 'human-caused climate change', which is what the
phrase has come to mean. The former, as I said, is always going on.
The latter is undemonstrated.

territory."
--G. Behn
Old September 9th 17, 10:48 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Rob wrote:

Fred J McCall wrote:

jacob navia wrote:

[...]

Jesus Christ, Rob, you just claimed it above.

It was claimed that storms get worse because of warming.

And that's largely undemonstrated by the data.

Of course not every storm. Of course not every year.

But of course you'll continue to cherry pick.

But it is apparent that the strongest storms are in recent years.

What's apparent is that that claim simply isn't true.

--
"False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the
soul with evil."
Old September 10th 17, 11:22 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Rob[_8_]

Fred J McCall wrote:
It was never claimed that bad storms make 'climate'.

Jesus Christ, Rob, you just claimed it above.

You must have your quotes mixed up!

It was claimed that storms get worse because of warming.

And that's largely undemonstrated by the data.

Only in your interpretation!
Not in the actual data.

Of course not every storm. Of course not every year.

But of course you'll continue to cherry pick.

It is *you* that is cherry picking.

But it is apparent that the strongest storms are in recent years.

What's apparent is that that claim simply isn't true.

What is apparent is that you are ignorant.
Old September 10th 17, 10:07 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Rob wrote:

Fred J McCall wrote:
It was never claimed that bad storms make 'climate'.

Jesus Christ, Rob, you just claimed it above.

You must have your quotes mixed up!

And that's why you 'cleverly' snipped them out...

snip Rob dip****tery

Old September 11th 17, 05:16 AM posted to sci.space.policy
William Elliot[_4_]

During the Regean era, the USA refused to belive Canada's claim of
acid rain. (pollution from USA killing lakes in Canada)... Until
pollution from Mexico started to affect some fishing resort in
Texas, at which point the USA stopped denying acid rain and struck a
deal with the 3 countries.

When the USA starts to realise the cost of dealing with the
*increase* in weather damage, it will wake up and realise it
shouldn't have pulled out of Paris.

It will be too late by then.
Old September 11th 17, 05:32 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

On 2017-09-09 05:44, Fred J. McCall wrote:

always happening or 'human-caused climate change', which is what the
phrase has come to mean. The former, as I said, is always going on.
The latter is undemonstrated.

Looks like you are the one cherry picking facts to contnue to deny
humans are causing climate change.

Looks like you're the one wearing a blindfold. I've no more 'denied'
that than I've agreed to it. The word I'm using is 'unproven' or
'undemonstrated'. And that is the simple fact. Even the guys who
study and predict hurricanes agree that they can't show any causal
link between warming, whether human caused or not, and an increase in
hurricane frequency and severity.

Even your buddy Trump has admitted as
such, but stated he wasn't willing to pay to reduce human activity that
causes climate change.

And this shows just what a brain damaged nitwit you are. "My buddy
Trump"? You need to start reading what people actually write rather
than what some stupid stereotype in your head would have written.

And do you have a cite for that claim?

snip irrelevancies

territory."
--G. Behn

AIAA Houston Al Space Station 0 October 31st 07 08:27 PM
Houston, You Have a Problem Danny Deger Space Shuttle 101 July 25th 07 12:07 AM
Houston, You Have a Problem Danny Deger Space Shuttle 9 July 21st 07 02:42 AM
Houston, You Have a Problem Danny Deger Space Station 9 July 21st 07 02:42 AM
"Houston, we've got a problem" jjustwwondering Policy 0 March 7th 04 09:38 AM