NASA's Remembrance Day

Old February 3rd 10, 06:33 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle
The Big DP[_2_]

Default NASA's Remembrance Day

"F/32 Eurydice" wrote in message
On Feb 2, 10:58 pm, "Jorge R. Frank" wrote:
F/32 Eurydice wrote:
On Feb 1, 7:28 pm, "Jorge R. Frank" wrote:
F/32 Eurydice wrote:
On Feb 1, 9:16 am, columbiaaccidentinvestigation
wrote:
On Jan 30, 6:16 am, "F/32 Eurydice"
wrote:
It turns out that all three of NASA's worst accidents happened
within
five days of each other, at this time of year. The Apollo 1 fire was
on Jan. 26, the Challenger explosion was on Jan. 27 and the Columbia
breakuup was on Feb. 1.
Maybe NASA shouldn't have any missions in the last week of January
and
the first week of February.
The key is to never let the guard down, even years later.
My point was that it's just human nature for people to become
lethargic in the winter. Maybe launching rockets is too delicate a
process for people to do when they're feeling lethargic.
Your point is invalid. The Russians launch in winter all the time, and
their winters are worse than Florida's.- Hide quoted text -

You can't compare American psychology to Russian psychology. In
Russia it's *always* winter. Winter is the only thing those people
understand.

Besides, the biggest launch pad explosion in space history happened in
Russia, and it destroyed their entire moonshot program. I shudder to
think how many technicians might have been killed in that humongous
explosion. Don't look to Russia as a role model for preventing
serious rocket accidents.

It happened in October, you ****ing moron.- Hide quoted text -

You're the ****ing moron, asshole. You're too stupid to see the nose
in front of your ****ing face. When they were passing out brains, you
were vacationing in the next county. If it were raining knowledge,
you'd open your umbrella and then run inside and hide under the bed.
Go **** yourself, asshole.

Well.....this was an easy decision......

***PLONK****

Old February 3rd 10, 07:02 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle
Androcles[_27_]

"Greg D. Moore (Strider)" wrote in message
"Joseph Nebus" wrote in message
"F/32 Eurydice" writes:

Your reading skills are terrible. I addressed that in the very
message you replied to. Annual circadian rhythms demand a low point
in human performance in the dead of winter, and late Jan to early Feb
are the lowest point of the winter.

If you think circadian rhythms are BS, then one of us is
superstitious, friend, but it isn't me. I addressed the Russian
question too, but in a different reply.

Got it. It's a physical inevitability inherent to the human
species by the implacable rigidity of biological cycles, which doesn't
apply to Russians because they're ... um ... built by elves.

Ayup, perfectly clear to me now to.

Russians use elves to build rigid bicycles?
http://onepostdaily.files.wordpress....boneshaker.jpg

Old February 4th 10, 08:54 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle
Pat Flannery

Androcles wrote:
Russians use elves to build rigid bicycles?
http://onepostdaily.files.wordpress....boneshaker.jpg

Russian tricycle tank: http://anastasiacarroll.com/?p=1004

Pat
Old February 4th 10, 09:42 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle
Androcles[_27_]

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
dakotatelephone...
Androcles wrote:
Russians use elves to build rigid bicycles?
http://onepostdaily.files.wordpress....boneshaker.jpg

Russian tricycle tank: http://anastasiacarroll.com/?p=1004

Pat

That's rigid and Russian thems-elves but we want biological cycles,
not triological cycles for annual about-a-day rhythms.