National Geographic - telescopes

Old January 28th 07, 12:00 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Rich[_1_]

Default National Geographic - telescopes

I don't know specifically what it's about, but I'll check it out.

http://tvlistings5.zap2it.com/tvlist...tailAction.do?
method=getProgramDetails&programId=SH7041970000&zi pCode=M3A2&lineupId=0
005580:-&channel=2

Old January 28th 07, 01:29 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Rich[_1_]

On Jan 27, 6:00 pm, "Rich" wrote:
I don't know specifically what it's about, but I'll check it out.

http://tvlistings5.zap2it.com/tvlist...tailAction.do?
method=getProgramDetails&programId=SH7041970000&zi pCode=M3A2&lineupId=0
005580:-&channel=2

Scratch that. The government funded losers had some thing on ancient
Egypt on instead. Of course TVO's (public television in Canada)
website was inaccessible to find out why. Tax payer money at work....

Old January 28th 07, 02:45 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Alan French

"Rich" wrote in message
oups.com...

On Jan 27, 6:00 pm, "Rich" wrote:
I don't know specifically what it's about, but I'll check it out.

http://tvlistings5.zap2it.com/tvlist...tailAction.do?
method=getProgramDetails&programId=SH7041970000&zi pCode=M3A2&lineupId=0
005580:-&channel=2

Scratch that. The government funded losers had some thing on ancient
Egypt on instead. Of course TVO's (public television in Canada)
website was inaccessible to find out why. Tax payer money at work....

Ancient Egypt is actually quite interesting.

Old January 28th 07, 03:30 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Rich[_1_]

On Jan 27, 8:45 pm, "Alan French"
wrote:
"Rich" wrote in ooglegroups.com...

On Jan 27, 6:00 pm, "Rich" wrote:
I don't know specifically what it's about, but I'll check it out.

http://tvlistings5.zap2it.com/tvlist...tailAction.do?
method=getProgramDetails&programId=SH7041970000&zi pCode=M3A2&lineupId=0
005580:-&channel=2

Scratch that. The government funded losers had some thing on ancient
Egypt on instead. Of course TVO's (public television in Canada)
website was inaccessible to find out why. Tax payer money at work....Ancient Egypt is actually quite interesting.

True, but it's been done to death by the History Channel, etc.
Something on telescopes would have been new.

Old January 28th 07, 04:57 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
W. H. Greer

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 20:45:21 -0500, "Alan French"
wrote:

Ancient Egypt is actually quite interesting.

Indeed it is. I even found the Egypt of the 1970s interesting.
There's a ship that's now a museum near your neck of the woods -- in
Buffalo. I was on that ship during the Suez Canal's re-opening
ceremony. It was an odd experience traveling through a desert on a
ship!

Astronomy: I once laid on the wood deck beneath the ship's six-inch
guns staring into a dark, night sky.
--
Bill
Celestial Journeys
Old January 28th 07, 05:33 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Brian Tung[_1_]

Alan French wrote:
Ancient Egypt is actually quite interesting.

True, but about half of what's on TV about ancient Egypt is credulous
claptrap of the first order. This makes shows about ancient Egypt a
real Box of Chocolates (TM).

--
Brian Tung
My Own Personal FAQ (SAA) at http://astro.isi.edu/reference/faq.html
Old January 28th 07, 08:57 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Joe Bergeron

In article , Brian Tung
wrote:

True, but about half of what's on TV about ancient Egypt is credulous
claptrap of the first order. This makes shows about ancient Egypt a
real Box of Chocolates (TM).

I hope your blasphemy doesn't bring King Tut's curse down on your head.

--
Joe Bergeron

http://www.joebergeron.com