What's wrong with there being ETs (smarter than us none the less)

Old September 21st 07, 03:52 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
John Griffin

Default What's wrong with there being ETs (smarter than us none the less)

BradGuth wrote:

On Sep 20, 10:30 am, BradGuth wrote:
On Sep 20, 10:04 am, John Griffin
wrote:

Now that you've let me know that I'm a Rabbi, do I need
some sort of weird threads like the Cattle-like church
makes its officials wear while delivering their hocus-pocus
stuff to the herds?

Removing ?hl=en&lnk=rgh will get your GOOGLE Usenet back to
normal

This is exactly what those pesky MIB spooks and moles did to
Usenet as of lately, by adding "?hl=en&lnk=rgh" to the end of
a given GOOGLE Usenet page is what keeps one of their "Sort
by date" features from functioning, of which makes it all
that more difficult for us few and far between honest folks
to reply on behalf of those most recent contributions to our
topics. No wonder that I've been missing out on so many of
those topic contributors.

This is where I'd need-to-know learned of this supposed bug,
that's not really a bug if you know what I mean.

Google Groups Guide /
Aha! Bug identified! Try
this:http://groups.google.com/group/sci.math/topics?hl=en
This gives the sci.math topic list. Bug exists in all threads
you see.
If you click on any of the groups in "related groups", these
groups also have the bad behavior.

Now try this:http://groups.google.com/group/sci.math/topics
I.e., the same link as above, but with the "hl=en" attribute
removed from the URL. The problem goes away; and also goes
away from of the groups you jump to via "related groups".

My Guess: This attribute used to be always present in URLs
from Google, but at some point it was only added if the
referring URL included it. Now it causes buggy behavior.

The Fix: Remove the "?hl=en" attribute from your all
shortcuts. (Or other similar attribute if your native
language is not english).

Cheers - Chas

"?hl=en?scoring=d&hl=en"

"so just removing all this garbage fixes the problem." or
simply removing as little as anything that comes after the
basic topic ID from a given GOOGLE Usenet page, or from
whatever reply you're in the process of contributing, is also
good to go. - Brad Guth -

BTW, it's taking some effort in order to keep ahead of all the
Usenet spermware/****ware gauntlet, as I'm fairly certain
they'll find other nastier ways of keeping this public channel
as off-tilt and/or as robo- skewed as they can muster.
- Brad Guth -

Get a newsreader. Use a news server.

Old September 21st 07, 06:57 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
BradGuth

On Sep 20, 7:52 pm, John Griffin wrote:

Get a newsreader. Use a news server.

Is that the best Rabbi Griffin has to say?

Why don't you folks want the public to read any of this stuff?
- Brad Guth -

Old September 21st 07, 08:21 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
John Griffin

wrote:
Now that you've let me know that I'm a Rabbi, do I need some
sort of weird threads like the Cattle-like church makes its
officials wear while delivering their hocus-pocus stuff to
the herds?

Removing ?hl=en&lnk=rgh will get your GOOGLE Usenet back to
normal

I am going to challenge you to do the impossible here, brad:
Try to imagine how very little I care.

This is exactly what those pesky MIB spooks and moles did to
Usenet as of lately, by adding "?hl=en&lnk=rgh" to the end of
a given GOOGLE Usenet page is what keeps one of their "Sort by
date" features from functioning, of which makes it all that
more difficult for us few and far between honest folks to
reply on behalf of those most recent contributions to our
topics. No wonder that I've been missing out on so many of
those topic contributors.

The reason is that you don’t have sense enough to use a news
server and a real newsreader.

This is where I'd need-to-know learned of this supposed bug,
that's not really a bug if you know what I mean.

You mean your paranoia has you by the nuts.

[ who cares? ]

Old September 21st 07, 08:27 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
John Griffin

BradGuth wrote:

On Sep 20, 7:52 pm, John Griffin
wrote:

Get a newsreader. Use a news server.

Is that the best Rabbi Griffin has to say?

Since you’ve apparently appointed me a usenet Rabbi, I reckon
I’ll need to learn some Jewish expressions. The only one I know
how to say in Yiddish is “**** you,” which is “Trust me” in
Yiddish.

Why don't you folks want the public to read any of this stuff?

If you get access to a news server and a newsreader, you’ll be
able to read all this stuff.

Yesterday’s newsgroup articles are yesterday’s news. Google’s
archive is for the obsessed. Google’s posting thing was a
****ing kludge the last time I messed with it. Get a news
service.

Old September 21st 07, 07:11 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
BradGuth

On Sep 20, 10:57 pm, BradGuth wrote:
On Sep 20, 7:52 pm, John Griffin wrote:

Get a newsreader. Use a news server.

Is that the best Rabbi Griffin has to say?

Why don't you folks want the public to read any of this stuff?
- Brad Guth -

Rabbi John Griffin is such an off-world naysayer, and not just on
behalf of my research and topics, but on behalf of anyone suggesting
there's other than off-world inert eye candy for us to look at, or for
that matter any viable alternatives for accomplishing the salvation of
our badly failing environment. In other words, Rabbi Griffin is
something of a usenet Hitler on faith-based steroids, except in total
denial of his being in denial which is actually worse off.

Perhaps Warren Buffett should have paid closer attention to Rabbi
John, as to avoid having to make those pesky investments into the
likes of renewable clean energy, so that we can keep adding soot, CO2
and NOx by the Yiddish butt loads into our polluted environment, as
global coal miners continually die off or die young, and we keep going
to war over the global reserves of oil, natural gas and yellowcake
that belongs to others.

As I've said many times before;
You only have to act on behalf of a bad Jew in order to become one of
the bad guys.
- Brad Guth -

Old September 21st 07, 10:38 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
John Griffin

wrote:

Get a newsreader. Use a news server.

Is that the best Rabbi Griffin has to say?

Why don't you folks want the public to read any of this
stuff? - Brad Guth -

Rabbi John Griffin is such an off-world naysayer, and not just
on behalf of my research and topics, but on behalf of anyone
suggesting there's other than off-world inert eye candy for us
to look at, or for that matter any viable alternatives for
accomplishing the salvation of our badly failing environment.
In other words, Rabbi Griffin is something of a usenet Hitler

Kiss my hakenkreuz.

on faith-based steroids, except in total denial of his being
in denial which is actually worse off.

I emphatically deny that I deny that I’m in denial of denying
that denial denies my denial of denying whatever the **** you’re
yapping about.

Perhaps Warren Buffett should have paid closer attention to
Rabbi John, as to avoid having to make those pesky investments
into the likes of renewable clean energy, so that we can keep
adding soot, CO2 and NOx by the Yiddish butt loads into our
polluted environment, as global coal miners continually die
off or die young, and we keep going to war over the global
reserves of oil, natural gas and yellowcake that belongs to
others.

That’s absurd. Coal miners only die once, just like normal
people. Who ever heard of anyone continually dying?

As I've said many times before;

You can say that again.

You only have to act on behalf of a bad Jew in order to become
one of the bad guys.

Your hero Schiklgruber was as close to 99% Jew as it gets. If you
don’t believe me ask the Mormons to look it up. While you’re at
it, figure out how close that could be.

Old September 21st 07, 11:01 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
BradGuth

wrote:

[...]

Silly word games, spoken like a good little Third Reich minion of a
brown-nosed Rabbi that you are.

How about a few other sick jokes by Rabbi Griffin as to all those
other innocent folks as having to die long before their time, and just
because of whatever faith they deeply believe in or oily rock they so
happen to be sitting on.

As I've said many times before;

You can say that again.

You only have to act on behalf of a bad Jew in order to become
one of the bad guys.

Your hero Schiklgruber was as close to 99% Jew as it gets. If you
don't believe me ask the Mormons to look it up. While you're at
it, figure out how close that could be.

Good Christ almighty on a stick. Are you for real?

You do realize what connections and subsequent wealth the likes of our
resident LLPOF warlord(GW Bush) family tree derived from the Third
Reich, don't you?
- Brad Guth -