ASTRO: lunar eclipse

Old March 4th 07, 01:31 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Geoff Smith

Default ASTRO: lunar eclipse

Hi group
Lovely eclipse tonight and clear skies from the West of Scotland
Geoff

Attached Images
File Type: jpg lunar3mar.jpg (485.7 KB, 145 views)
Old March 4th 07, 01:37 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Dave Fouchey

On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 01:31:02 GMT, "Geoff Smith"
wrote:

Hi group
Lovely eclipse tonight and clear skies from the West of Scotland
Geoff

Outstanding Geoff, here the trees blocked the horizon...

Dave
Florence, SC USA
Old March 4th 07, 05:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
TheCroW

Hi group
Lovely eclipse tonight and clear skies from the West of Scotland
Geoff

Great shot!!!

Menno

Old March 4th 07, 05:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Geoff Smith wrote:

Hi group
Lovely eclipse tonight and clear skies from the West of Scotland
Geoff

That's a keeper
Rick

Old March 4th 07, 09:37 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
TW

Lovely image. I don't know about anyone else but I thought that this eclipse
was one of the darkest for a long time.

From Liverpool UK it was very clear and cold and until the last portion of
brightness disappeared it was very hard to see the eclipsed portion of the
disk. The dark disk against the background stars of Leo with Saturn to the
right was a very pleasing sight.

I did some imaging through a C8 with a webcam but a full disk image like
this one works out much better.

Cheers for posting.

Tony Williams

Old March 4th 07, 10:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Phil[_1_]

On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 09:37:00 +0000, TW wrote:

Lovely image. I don't know about anyone else but I thought that this eclipse
was one of the darkest for a long time.

From Liverpool UK it was very clear and cold and until the last portion of
brightness disappeared it was very hard to see the eclipsed portion of the
disk. The dark disk against the background stars of Leo with Saturn to the
right was a very pleasing sight.

I did some imaging through a C8 with a webcam but a full disk image like
this one works out much better.

Cheers for posting.

Tony Williams

I thought it was a dark one at first, but at totality the Moon was quite a
bit brighter than Saturn. At the eclipse in 91 or was it 92, the Moon was
barely visible to the naked eye, and magnitude estimates of 4.0 to 4.5
were reported.
Phil Bishop

Old March 4th 07, 09:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J McBride

Nice shot with the stars on both sides. Wish I had clear skies here when it
was rising.

Joe

"Geoff Smith" wrote in message
Hi group
Lovely eclipse tonight and clear skies from the West of Scotland
Geoff

ASTRO: Lunar Eclipse Phil Bishop Astro Pictures 3 March 4th 07 01:34 PM
Lunar Eclipse (03.03.07) and Solar Eclipse (18.03.07) Harry Hayfield Misc 3 February 25th 07 08:23 AM
Lunar Eclipse neo Astronomy Misc 2 September 7th 06 09:13 PM
Lunar eclipse Richard Kingdon UK Astronomy 2 January 18th 04 06:32 PM
Lunar Eclipse Pic posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro Davoud Amateur Astronomy 4 November 10th 03 07:37 PM