2" eye piece

Old December 18th 04, 12:09 AM
Steve - www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk

Default 2" eye piece

I have been thinking of buying a 2" eye piece for my 8" SCT
Being a little new to telescopes if I were to buy just one eye piece for
visual use what would people suggest and is it worth the cost.

My preference for viewing is mostly widefield in a sense rather than narrow
field views.

Hope that makes sense.
Thanks
Steve

--
The UK SpeedTrap Guide" @ www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk
The UK Weather Guide" @ www.ukstorms.com

Old December 18th 04, 12:55 AM
Robert Geake

"Steve - www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk" wrote in message
I have been thinking of buying a 2" eye piece for my 8" SCT
Being a little new to telescopes if I were to buy just one eye piece for
visual use what would people suggest and is it worth the cost.

My preference for viewing is mostly widefield in a sense rather than
narrow field views.

Hope that makes sense.
Thanks
Steve

--
The UK SpeedTrap Guide" @ www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk
The UK Weather Guide" @ www.ukstorms.com

Steve,

I just got a scope that takes 2" ep's and it only came with a 40mm
Skywatcher brand ep. One thing i did notice after a quick search through my
astro favourites and google is that unless you are prepared to pay about
2-300 quid there really aint much choice!

Im sure some one will flame me down for these comments....

Rob

Old December 18th 04, 01:11 AM
Malcolm Stewart

"Steve - www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk" wrote in message
I have been thinking of buying a 2" eye piece for my 8" SCT
Being a little new to telescopes if I were to buy just one eye piece for
visual use what would people suggest and is it worth the cost.

My preference for viewing is mostly widefield in a sense rather than

narrow
field views.

Hope that makes sense.
Thanks
Steve

Check out the Moonfish group
http://www.moonfishgroup.com/GBP2Commerce/

They might have what you're looking for.
--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

Old December 18th 04, 05:04 AM
Cheryl and Les Chambers

Hello---There's a gent named Gary Russell who puts together some excellent
eyepieces from surplus optics. He has a 19mm 5 element modified plossl that
compares very favorably to a 19mm Panoptic. He also has a 28mm, 15mm and a
13 mm. I only have the 13 and the 19 but each were great performers in my
f/4.5 dob and f/10 maksutov. They got great reviews on www.cloudynights.com
too. Another good thing about his eyepieces is that the barrels are made
out of some sort of polymer which is practically weightless. The eyepieces
sell for about $50US. I don't know what that translates to in English
currency but its got to eat the wind out of any other 2 inch eyepiece. Gary
appears frequently on www.astromart.com and always has auctions on
www.ebay.com. His add "say" that he only ships domestically, but he is a
great person to deal with and you may be able to work something out with
him.
Lester

Old December 18th 04, 02:33 PM
David Harris

Malcolm Stewart wrote:
"Steve - www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk" wrote in message

I have been thinking of buying a 2" eye piece for my 8" SCT
Being a little new to telescopes if I were to buy just one eye piece for
visual use what would people suggest and is it worth the cost.

My preference for viewing is mostly widefield in a sense rather than

narrow

field views.

Hope that makes sense.
Thanks
Steve

Check out the Moonfish group
http://www.moonfishgroup.com/GBP2Commerce/

They might have what you're looking for.

Ric and Dani are amongst the best astro guys Ive ever dealt with !!

Moonfish rox !

Merry Happy !

--
Best Regards,