M13 - Great Globular in Hercules

Old May 16th 07, 01:42 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,uk.sci.astronomy
Anthony Ayiomamitis

Default M13 - Great Globular in Hercules

Dear Friends,

One of the most stunning globular clusters visible from northern
latitudes is M13 in Hercules and which is currently well-placed right
now for observation and imaging.

For an image of M13 based on two-hours total exposure, please see
http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-DSO-NGC-6205.htm ... please make sure you
click on the hyperlinked image to load the same image but with much
better image scale.

Weather permitting this evening, I will pursue M92 also in Hercules and
also an impressive globular on its own.

Clear skies!

Anthony.
Old May 16th 07, 02:10 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,uk.sci.astronomy
Dave Jessie

One of the most stunning globular clusters visible from northern latitudes
is M13 in Hercules and which is currently well-placed right now for
observation and imaging.
For an image of M13 based on two-hours total exposure, please see
http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-DSO-NGC-6205.htm ... please make sure you
click on the hyperlinked image to load the same image but with much better
image scale.
Weather permitting this evening, I will pursue M92 also in Hercules and
also an impressive globular on its own.

Stunning, Anthony. Stunning. You've captured the most sharply-defined
stars I've ever seen in an image of M13 - and right to the core, too. Just
beautiful! I look forward to your image of M92 (sometimes my favorite
globular) with great anticipation.

Clear Dark Steady Skies,
Dave Jessie

Old May 16th 07, 03:19 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,uk.sci.astronomy
Pete Lawrence[_1_]

On Wed, 16 May 2007 15:42:36 +0300, Anthony Ayiomamitis
wrote:

Dear Friends,

One of the most stunning globular clusters visible from northern
latitudes is M13 in Hercules and which is currently well-placed right
now for observation and imaging.

For an image of M13 based on two-hours total exposure, please see
http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-DSO-NGC-6205.htm ... please make sure you
click on the hyperlinked image to load the same image but with much
better image scale.

Weather permitting this evening, I will pursue M92 also in Hercules and
also an impressive globular on its own.

Beautiful work Mr Ayiomamitis :-)
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old May 16th 07, 03:31 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,uk.sci.astronomy
Ben

On May 16, 7:42 am, Anthony Ayiomamitis
wrote:
Dear Friends,

One of the most stunning globular clusters visible from northern
latitudes is M13 in Hercules and which is currently well-placed right
now for observation and imaging.

For an image of M13 based on two-hours total exposure, please seehttp://www.perseus.gr/Astro-DSO-NGC-6205.htm... please make sure you
click on the hyperlinked image to load the same image but with much
better image scale.

Anthony,

Splendid image. The resolution is unbelieveable.

Ben

Old May 16th 07, 06:30 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,uk.sci.astronomy
oriel36[_2_]

On May 16, 1:42 pm, Anthony Ayiomamitis
wrote:
Dear Friends,

One of the most stunning globular clusters visible from northern
latitudes is M13 in Hercules and which is currently well-placed right
now for observation and imaging.

For an image of M13 based on two-hours total exposure, please seehttp://www.perseus.gr/Astro-DSO-NGC-6205.htm... please make sure you
click on the hyperlinked image to load the same image but with much
better image scale.

Weather permitting this evening, I will pursue M92 also in Hercules and
also an impressive globular on its own.

Clear skies!

Anthony.

Look at the constellation Hercules being 'pursued' by M92 -

http://www.jb.man.ac.uk/public/AList/Hercules.jpg

I guess your astrological framework can join your variable tilting
Earth analemma.Any chance of you lot taking up birdwatching where you
can do less damage and still enjoy yourselves.

Old May 16th 07, 07:23 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,uk.sci.astronomy
Beta Persei

"Anthony Ayiomamitis" ha scritto nel messaggio
Dear Friends,

One of the most stunning globular clusters visible from northern latitudes
is M13 in Hercules and which is currently well-placed right now for
observation and imaging.

Chapeau!!!
---
Beta Persei
45° 35' N
08° 51' E

remove "_nospam" to reply

Old May 16th 07, 07:36 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,uk.sci.astronomy
Ioannis

"Anthony Ayiomamitis" wrote in message

Dear Friends,

One of the most stunning globular clusters visible from northern
latitudes is M13 in Hercules and which is currently well-placed right
now for observation and imaging.

For an image of M13 based on two-hours total exposure, please see
http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-DSO-NGC-6205.htm ... please make sure you
click on the hyperlinked image to load the same image but with much
better image scale.

Weather permitting this evening, I will pursue M92 also in Hercules and
also an impressive globular on its own.

By Jove! Absolutely beautiful!

Is there any chance you can pursue M22, Antoni?

Excellent work!

Clear skies!

Anthony.

--
I.N. Galidakis --- http://ioannis.virtualcomposer2000.com/
"There's ALWAYS a mistake somewhere"

Old May 16th 07, 08:01 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,uk.sci.astronomy
Anthony Ayiomamitis

wrote:

Dear Friends,

One of the most stunning globular clusters visible from northern
latitudes is M13 in Hercules and which is currently well-placed right
now for observation and imaging.

For an image of M13 based on two-hours total exposure, please seehttp://www.perseus.gr/Astro-DSO-NGC-6205.htm... please make sure you
click on the hyperlinked image to load the same image but with much
better image scale.

Weather permitting this evening, I will pursue M92 also in Hercules and
also an impressive globular on its own.

Clear skies!

Anthony.

Gerald,

Look at the constellation Hercules being 'pursued' by M92 -

http://www.jb.man.ac.uk/public/AList/Hercules.jpg

I guess your astrological framework can join your variable tilting
Earth analemma.Any chance of you lot taking up birdwatching where you
can do less damage and still enjoy yourselves.

I have just the task for you and your intellect ... count all the stars
in the photo. I realize you may have problems once you get into double
digits but use match-sticks.

Anthony Analemmatis.
Old May 16th 07, 08:04 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,uk.sci.astronomy
Anthony Ayiomamitis

Ioannis wrote:

"Anthony Ayiomamitis" wrote in message

Dear Friends,

One of the most stunning globular clusters visible from northern
latitudes is M13 in Hercules and which is currently well-placed right
now for observation and imaging.

For an image of M13 based on two-hours total exposure, please see
http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-DSO-NGC-6205.htm ... please make sure you
click on the hyperlinked image to load the same image but with much
better image scale.

Weather permitting this evening, I will pursue M92 also in Hercules and
also an impressive globular on its own.

By Jove! Absolutely beautiful!

Glad you like it. Thanks.

Is there any chance you can pursue M22, Antoni?

I was planning for M23 and M92 for this evening. However, I will look
into M22 and which is on the schedule anyway due to the fact I would
like to capture as many globulars as possible given they are seasonal
and prime right now.

Excellent work!

Having the masterpieces that Rolando Christen puts out really helps the
cause. No better way to appreciate his skills and talents than to use
the equipment he makes available.

Anthony.

Clear skies!

Anthony.

Old May 16th 07, 08:05 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,uk.sci.astronomy
Anthony Ayiomamitis

Beta Persei wrote:

"Anthony Ayiomamitis" ha scritto nel messaggio

Dear Friends,

One of the most stunning globular clusters visible from northern latitudes
is M13 in Hercules and which is currently well-placed right now for
observation and imaging.

Chapeau!!!

Thank you Franco, Pete, Sam and Ben. Your comments are very much
appreciated.

Anthony.

---
Beta Persei