weights and measures

Old January 30th 04, 11:09 PM
Az Trekker

Default weights and measures

do gravitational measurments vary from point to point (geographic
location ) on your planet ? and how about on your moon ?
if so to what do you attribute the differences,

I always feel heavier, just after lunch

Old January 31st 04, 03:03 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Az We judge the force of gravity by what we weigh on the surface.A 180
lb man on Earth weighs 30lb on the moon. On the moon he would have to go
up an 18 foot clif and jump off to hit the moons surface,at the same
impact as falling 3ft here on Earth. Best to keep in mind mass is not
the same as weight. Inertia of a mass is the same as on the moon. Best
be carefull knowing this,for if your in a moon rover and hit a large
rock going 50 mph you would be just as dead,as if you done it on Earth.
Bert.

Old February 1st 04, 12:04 AM
Az Trekker

Bill N.
what a great site you sent me to
I had no idea this info was available
U R the best.
I put it in my Fav file ( i could not absorb it all)
thank you

I am astounded

do you have a site telling me about the moon?
do we see the same side all of the time ?
when did we start naming its geography ?
do we know who named , what?
are some of the topographic features gone ?
etc etc

Old February 1st 04, 02:27 AM
Bill Nunnelee

The Moon keeps the same side towards the Earth, and there have been no real
changes in lunar topology throughout recorded history.

Gravity info- http://www.asi.org/adb/m/10/03/01/lunar-gravity.html
Lunar observing - http://www.shallowsky.com/moon/hitchhiker.html

Both have links and key words for further Googling.