13 days of AR10960 (part 1)

Old June 14th 07, 09:10 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Mark Ayliffe

Default 13 days of AR10960 (part 1)

On or about 2007-06-13,
Pete Lawrence illuminated us with:
On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 15:13:13 GMT, Mark Ayliffe wrote:

On or about 2007-06-13,
Jim illuminated us with:
In article , Pete Lawrence wrote:

Right - you deserve this...

It may make you feel sick so be warned...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/solar/2...o_12_anim3.gif

Oh, now *that's* flash. Well done that man!

No, it's an animated GIF, but that's not important right now. I'll get
my coat.

Good work Pete (of course), but the animation is a bit quick.
Presumably that's a side effect of using the animated GIF concept?

Try this one Mark. I've increased the interframe delay by 3x.

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/solar/2..._12_anim3a.gif

Hmm, it's a "having cake & eating it" problem, isn't it? That one is
too jerky really, while the first one is lovely & smooth, if a bit
short.

I guess you'll just have to take more pictures :-)) (I can't begin to
imagine how much time & effort this lot must have taken, lots I expect)

Is the variation in the density of the lighter parts due to variations
in atmospheric conditions or an inherent change in the structure
itself? I'd guess at the latter given the evolving shape, but it's
hard to be certain for one of such limited experience as me.

--
Mark
Real email address | Honesty is the best policy,
Old June 14th 07, 09:26 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Brian Tung[_1_]

Mark Ayliffe wrote:
I guess you'll just have to take more pictures :-)) (I can't begin to
imagine how much time & effort this lot must have taken, lots I expect)

Really Pete. When are you going to get around to digging that hole
through the Earth so you can take pictures of the Sun at night?

--
Brian Tung
My Own Personal FAQ (SAA) at http://astro.isi.edu/reference/faq.html
Old June 14th 07, 10:34 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Ray Bellis

Brian Tung wrote:

Really Pete. When are you going to get around to digging
that hole through the Earth so you can take pictures of
the Sun at night?

No, let's just send him to the Arctic Circle

Ray