Columbia Accident Investigation Board To Release Vols. II-VI of Final Report

Old October 27th 03, 01:43 AM
Ron Baalke

Default Columbia Accident Investigation Board To Release Vols. II-VI of Final Report

http://www.caib.us/news/press_releases/pr031024.html

For Immediate Release
CAIB PA 41-03

Date: October 24, 2003

Contact:
Laura Brown, 202-267-3455

Columbia Accident Investigation Board To Release Vols. II-VI of Final Report

ARLINGTON, VA - The Columbia Accident Investigation Board will release
Vols. II-VI of the CAIB's Final Report at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 28,
2003 on its website, www.caib.us. All of the volumes can be downloaded
from the website. These volumes contain appendices that provide the
supporting documentation for the main text of the Final Report contained
in Vol. I, which was released on Aug. 26, 2003.

These appendix materials were working documents. They contain a number of
conclusions and proposed recommendations, several of which were adopted by
the CAIB in Vol. I. The other conclusions and proposed recommendations drawn
in Vols. II-VI do not necessarily reflect the views of the CAIB but are
included for the record. When there is conflict, Vol. I takes precedence. It
alone is the CAIB's official statement.

Hard copies of Vols. I-VI are available through the Government Printing Office
for a fee. Those copies can be ordered from the GPO's website, www.gpo.gov.

There will be no press briefing about the release of Vols. II-VI.