Corona around the Sun

Old May 30th 04, 10:33 PM
Pete Lawrence

Default Corona around the Sun

No - not the very hot one! Noticed this while I was waiting for the
clouds to clear today...

http://www.pbl33.fast24.co.uk/corona_300504.jpg

--
Pete Lawrence
http://www.pbl33.co.uk
Old May 31st 04, 04:35 AM
Ed Astle

"Pete 'The Parallax' Lawrence" wrote in
message news
No - not the very hot one! Noticed this while I was waiting for the
clouds to clear today...
http://www.pbl33.fast24.co.uk/corona_300504.jpg

That's a nicely exposed shot.

You seem to be having a rather nice run of decent photo opportunities at the
moment Pete - keep it going!

For months I've been looking forward to getting some nice Venus crescents
but the clouds are having this annoying habit of lounging around all
afternoon and then buggering off after Venus has layed to rest her oh so
weary head.

I don't know...if I don't get an evening shot soon I'll have to get up early
in about a weeks time to catch an early morning crescent. Apparantly there
might be a slight one around the 8th so I'm hedging my bets and going for
the 7th and 9th. It's so cunning it's got to work!

Keep clicking,
Ed.

Old May 31st 04, 11:12 AM
Eclipsme

Lovely shot, but this is not the corona.

See http://www.mreclipse.com/SEphoto/SEpix.html

Harvey

news

Old May 31st 04, 11:21 AM
Ed Astle

"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message
On Mon, 31 May 2004 04:35:27 +0100, "Ed Astle"
wrote:
I don't know...if I don't get an evening shot soon I'll have to get up

early
in about a weeks time to catch an early morning crescent. Apparantly

there
might be a slight one around the 8th so I'm hedging my bets and going for
the 7th and 9th. It's so cunning it's got to work!

I'll just use one of my evening shots and turn it upside down ;-)

--
Pete
Homepage at http://www.pbl33.co.uk

You mean turn the photograph upside down so the backing paper faces upwards?
I reckon it'll be an exact match!
Regards,
Ed.

Old May 31st 04, 06:24 PM
Andrew Cockburn

Pete Lawrence wrote:
No - not the very hot one! Noticed this while I was waiting for the
clouds to clear today...

http://www.pbl33.fast24.co.uk/corona_300504.jpg

Beautiful Pete - I've never seen anything quite like that, let alone
photographed it - I can only imagine that you spend at least 50% of your
time ready with a Camera to get some of the shots you do :-)

Regards,

Andrew
Old June 1st 04, 02:07 PM
Pete Lawrence

On Mon, 31 May 2004 06:12:30 -0400, "Eclipsme" wrote:

Lovely shot, but this is not the corona.

See http://www.mreclipse.com/SEphoto/SEpix.html

A bit confusing as they share the same name but it is a corona

http://www.sundog.clara.co.uk/droplets/corona.htm

Old June 3rd 04, 06:26 PM
Eclipsme

"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message
On Mon, 31 May 2004 06:12:30 -0400, "Eclipsme" wrote:

Lovely shot, but this is not the corona.

See http://www.mreclipse.com/SEphoto/SEpix.html

A bit confusing as they share the same name but it is a corona

http://www.sundog.clara.co.uk/droplets/corona.htm

--
Pete
Homepage at http://www.pbl33.co.uk
Home of the Lunar Parallax Demonstration Project

Thank you Pete. I was never aware that this term was used to describe 2 very
different things. I shall have to look at this more closely.

Harvey

Old June 3rd 04, 07:48 PM
Tim Auton

"Eclipsme" wrote:
"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 31 May 2004 06:12:30 -0400, "Eclipsme" wrote:

Lovely shot, but this is not the corona.

See http://www.mreclipse.com/SEphoto/SEpix.html

A bit confusing as they share the same name but it is a corona

http://www.sundog.clara.co.uk/droplets/corona.htm

Thank you Pete. I was never aware that this term was used to describe 2 very
different things. I shall have to look at this more closely.

You also get a corona around high voltage, plus the word is used in
several other fields too. Corona is Latin for crown I believe.

Tim
--
Love is a travelator.
Old June 3rd 04, 10:05 PM
Stephen Tonkin

Tim Auton tim.auton@uton.[groupSexWithoutTheY] wrote:
You also get a corona around high voltage, plus the word is used in
several other fields too.

Indeed. In Mexico it comes in a bottle.

Best,
Stephen

Remove footfrommouth to reply

--
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
+ Stephen Tonkin | ATM Resources; Astro-Tutorials; Astro Books +
Old June 4th 04, 01:10 PM
Martin Frey

Stephen Tonkin wrote:

Tim Auton tim.auton@uton.[groupSexWithoutTheY] wrote:
You also get a corona around high voltage, plus the word is used in
several other fields too.

Indeed. In Mexico it comes in a bottle.

Best,
Stephen

and there was me thinking it was a cigar.

--
Martin Frey
http://www.hadastro.org.uk