Palin's religious craziness

Old September 9th 08, 12:32 AM posted to alt.2600,sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.math
Doghouse Reilly

Default Palin's religious craziness

Some speeches she gave and a video from her church.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q9MMJESywA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H-btXPfhGs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VtF7Ypr1hY
Old September 9th 08, 03:11 AM posted to alt.2600,sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.math
Benj

On Sep 8, 7:32*pm, Doghouse Reilly wrote:
Some speeches she gave and a video from her church.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q9MMJESywA

Totally mislabled video! She said Gods will had to be done to "unify
companies" and bring them together to get the pipeline (giving energy
to America and Jobs to Alaska DUH!) built. She DID NOT say the
pipeline was "God's Will" as the clip title lies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H-btXPfhGs

She did not say the "War in Iraq" was "God's plan" but rather the
tasks Bush was sending everyone out on was God's plan. Lessee. Who is
more right here? Well, God's plan (which it turns out was Rumsfeld's
plan) didn't go so well, but I take it the Atheist left is saying that
really the "best" way to handle this situation was to support Saddam
Husein any way we could. Maybe give him some more poison gas to use on
the Kurds! Yeah that's it. That sure sounds "moral" to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VtF7Ypr1hY

Oh Wait! Now lets compare this so-called "cult" [which actually is a
major church] to the leftist atheists who are having a cow over
Palin. To a leftist, Atheism is the STATE religion. There is NO
separation of church and state! Atheism is forced as the state
religion just as in the USSR. Nothing else is permitted! And that
means that we all have to believe that all of life started and
developed by CHANCE. It's all "survival of the fittest". Thus, to an
atheist, morality or ethics doesn't exist. If you get away with it,
there is no crime! The 10 commandments are fairytales for suckers! If
you want something you STEAL it. If someone gets in your way, you KILL
them. If you can fool someone, you LIE to them. There is no punishment
for these acts! It is the RESULTS that count. Survival of the
fittest! THAT is the 'religion" of the left!

You want that kind of government? You want to see if maybe this time
the Americans actually can make a Soviet-style state actually work?
Then vote the Obama ticket and get your wish come true!

Obviously, the loony left is in a TOTAL hum over the selection of an
honest, intelligent, moral human being as a candidate. The amount of
ridicule and lies being heaped by the Left on Palin is virtually
without precedent!

The LOONY LEFT is SO scared! Just look at them running around like a
bunch of chickens.

And you forgot to mention that Palin is also a NRA life member!
Better make that point! "Gun Control" is going to be a winning issue
for the Democrats this time!!! Take my word for it.

Old September 9th 08, 12:29 PM posted to alt.2600,sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.math
Ian Parker

On 9 Sep, 03:11, Benj wrote:
[...]

It would have been far better not to have put him in power in the
first place

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddam_Hussein

The CIA put him in power, nodded, winked and supported him during the
Iran/Iraq war and only turned against him when drained of resources
(because of Iran/Iraq) he invaded Kuwait. His respect for human
rights, or lack of them, never chasnged during his whole tenure of
power.

Iraq is now in a mess. If that is the way God orders our affairs it is
about time we stated showing our independence. There are 2.3 million
Iraqis wandering the Middle East. 1.3 million in Syria and a million
in Jordan. That is not to mention those internally displace.

God seems to want everyone to say their prayers in the right way. The
right way varying with the individual. Those who say their prayers the
wrong way should be persecuted.
[...]

Evolution is a scientifically proven fact like Relativity. There is no
room for argument.

You want that kind of government? You want to see if maybe this time
the Americans actually can make a Soviet-style state actually work?
Then vote the Obama ticket and get your wish come true!

Obviously, the loony left is in a TOTAL hum over the selection of an
honest, intelligent, moral human being as a candidate. *The amount of
ridicule and lies being heaped by the Left on Palin is virtually
without precedent!

The LOONY LEFT is SO scared! *Just look at them running around like a
bunch of chickens.

You seem to be part of the loony right. Do yiou agree with CERN? or
are there limits to curiosity? Black holes is just a slightly more
respectable version of Genesis. Will CERN melt the Antarctic ice cap?

And you forgot to mention that Palin is also a NRA life member!
Better make that point! "Gun Control" is going to be a winning issue
for the Democrats this time!!! *Take my word for it.

And 12,000 people a year die from civilian held weapons. The number of
people killed in Japan, Ireland and the UK is miniscule by comparison.

- Ian Parker
Old September 9th 08, 01:47 PM posted to alt.2600,sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.math
Ian Parker

In my last posting I probably gave the appearance of being more anti
religion than I in fact am. What I am against is simplistic religion.
Barack Obama is being castigated for his (Islamic?) origins. Yet Sarah
Palin represents the real "dial aleph for Allah" logic.

God has given us a brain, we should be using it. God does not will
Iraq, "aleph for Allah" is a cop out. It is up to us to have a
sensible foreign policy.

It is not the place to discuss the existence or otherwise of God as
such here. Certainly the simplistic God of dear Sarah cannot exist.
God has given us the ability to understand. He lets us learn Arabic.
It is not his fault if the Shrub then sends narrow evangelicals to
Iraq in the CPA.

- Ian Parker
Old September 9th 08, 05:07 PM posted to alt.2600,sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.math
Dirk Van de moortel[_3_]

Ian Parker wrote in message

On 9 Sep, 03:11, Benj wrote:
[...]

It would have been much far better not to have put this
one in power in the very first place:
http://users.telenet.be/vdmoortel/dirk/Stuff/god.html

Dirk Vdm

Old September 9th 08, 06:30 PM posted to alt.2600,sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.math
Benj

On Sep 9, 7:29*am, Ian Parker wrote:

It would have been far better not to have put him in power in the
first place

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddam_Hussein

Iraq is now in a mess. If that is the way God orders our affairs it is
about time we stated showing our independence. There are 2.3 million
Iraqis wandering the Middle East. 1.3 million in Syria and a million
in Jordan. That is not to mention those internally displace.

Got that right. But who said this was God's fault? Palin said that
God's plan was to try to straighten the mess out. Don't blame God for
Bumsfled's mess!

God seems to want everyone to say their prayers in the right way. The
right way varying with the individual. Those who say their prayers the
wrong way should be persecuted.

I think evidence is that religious people believe this. God doesn't.
Experiments on the power of prayer have always showed statistically
significant results. You leftie atheists always deny such data. And
try to obscure logic by dredging up religious dogma. People may
believe religious dogma just as you believe scientific dogma. That
doesn't make any of it true.

[...]

So you are saying my assessment of the atheist/leftist rejection of
moral values is correct.
I'm amazed that you wouldn't lie about such doctrine!

You want that kind of government? You want to see if maybe this time
the Americans actually can make a Soviet-style state actually work?
Then vote the Obama ticket and get your wish come true!

You seem to be part of the loony right. Do yiou agree with CERN? or
are there limits to curiosity? Black holes is just a slightly more
respectable version of Genesis. Will CERN melt the Antarctic ice cap?

What do you think about the limits on curiosity? Oh that's right you
are an atheist so you have no moral limitations. Should we do any and
all experiments even if there is a good chance they'll turn the earth
into a cinder? What about if it's only a fair chance, or a minor
chance. What if it's just a very very slim chance. Tell us just where
your ego would draw the line. You don't know how lucky you are that
there are beings monitoring what you are yours are up to so that you
can't turn the place into a cinder. So much for your "evolution" by
chance being "fact".

And you forgot to mention that Palin is also a NRA life member!
Better make that point! "Gun Control" is going to be a winning issue
for the Democrats this time!!! *Take my word for it.

And 12,000 people a year die from civilian held weapons. The number of
people killed in Japan, Ireland and the UK is miniscule by comparison.

Liar. First off cultures can't be compared especially those without a
large "Third world" component. And of course you ignore all "official"
killings. Plenty of people die (suicide) in Japan though usually not
from guns. Yeah Northern Ireland is a really great example for peace
and tranquility! and the Yoo Kay now leads the West in violent crime.
London is now FAR more dangerous than Noo Yawk since they banned all
guns. And the prime thing you lefties always omit are the deaths
through genocide that was enabled by "gun control". Oh sure, your
"envy of the world" the USSR has a stellar record of both elimination
of privately held weapons with the resultant "survival of the fittest"
by genocide and prison. That's sure my kind of place!

So let's think a minute about the physics of "gun control". We want to
stop violent crime. So the way to do it is to disarm all potential
victims while arming all criminals. Sure, that will work well. NOT.

Old September 9th 08, 06:37 PM posted to alt.2600,sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.math
Benj

On Sep 9, 8:47*am, Ian Parker wrote:

God has given us a brain, we should be using it. God does not will
Iraq, "aleph for Allah" is a cop out. It is up to us to have a
sensible foreign policy.

Say wait. Are you saying you lied when you said Evolution is a
"fact"? What is "sensible"? Oh I remember it's "cut and run"
and turn Iraq and it's oil over to Iran and Russia to control. We know
those are guys we can trust. Oh wait, those were in fact the guys who
in cahoots with Saddam, STARTED the whole mess by trying to undermine
the dollar by using Euros as the basis for oil sales. Which of course
forced us to go in or else let the American economy crash and burn.
Duh. We went in.

If God gave you a brain, then why aren't you willing to use yours
except to think up new ways to "spin" things to further your political
agenda?
Old September 9th 08, 06:46 PM posted to alt.2600,sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.math
Dirk Van de moortel[_3_]

Benj wrote in message

On Sep 9, 7:29 am, Ian Parker wrote:

It would have been far better not to have put him in power in the
first place

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddam_Hussein

Iraq is now in a mess. If that is the way God orders our affairs it is
about time we stated showing our independence. There are 2.3 million
Iraqis wandering the Middle East. 1.3 million in Syria and a million
in Jordan. That is not to mention those internally displace.

Got that right. But who said this was God's fault?

Everything is his fault. He created the bloody mess in the
first place, didn't he?

Palin said that
God's plan was to try to straighten the mess out. Don't blame God for
Bumsfled's mess!

God seems to want everyone to say their prayers in the right way. The
right way varying with the individual. Those who say their prayers the
wrong way should be persecuted.

I think evidence is that religious people believe this. God doesn't.
Experiments on the power of prayer have always showed statistically
significant results.

Experiments where people pray for a better harvest?
Experiments where people pray for the health of their pets?
Experiments where people pray for a less harsh climate?

You leftie atheists always deny such data.

Ah, right, you mean experiments where people pray for their
*own* health. We have another explanation for this particular
data, sucker.

And
try to obscure logic by dredging up religious dogma. People may
believe religious dogma just as you believe scientific dogma. That
doesn't make any of it true.

There is no such thing as scientific dogma - and that is by definition.
And for the same reason "religious dogma" is a pleonasm.

Did you have a look at your image?
http://users.telenet.be/vdmoortel/dirk/Stuff/god.html

[remainder snipped]

Dirk Vdm

Old September 9th 08, 07:54 PM posted to alt.2600,sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.math
Ian Parker

On 9 Sep, 18:37, Benj wrote:
On Sep 9, 8:47*am, Ian Parker wrote:

God has given us a brain, we should be using it. God does not will
Iraq, "aleph for Allah" is a cop out. It is up to us to have a
sensible foreign policy.

Say wait. Are you saying you lied when you said Evolution is a
"fact"? *What is "sensible"? Oh I remember it's "cut and run"
and turn Iraq and it's oil over to Iran and Russia to control. We know
those are guys we can trust. Oh wait, those were in fact the guys who
in cahoots with Saddam, STARTED the whole mess by trying to undermine
the dollar by using Euros as the basis for oil sales. Which of course
forced us to go in or else let the American economy crash and burn.
Duh. We went in.

Well it is isn't it. Look at

1) The fossil record. OK not everything fossilizes which is why there
are some gaps.
2) Yhe DNA record. This proves a relationship tree and an evolutionary
tree.

Sarah Palin may want to straighten out Iraq but she has no real means
of doing so. The fact of the matter is that successive US policy,
first in putting Saddam Hussein in power, then removing him, then
allowing the various militias to get into power has produced ethnic
cleansing.

What I was saying was not whether prayer was effective or ineffective
but to point out that the extreme religious mind cannot tolerate
dissent. Dear sarah has censored the public libraries in Alaska during
her watch.

I have just talked about Iraq and Science. These are the main disaster
areas of GWB. There is also Sarah's (and the Shrub's) support for
abstinance only programs for sexual health and the fact that her own
daughter is pregnant. In Denmark where teenage vsexual activity is the
highest in the world there are half the abortions pro rata there are
in the States and 1/5 of the number of teenage births.

Whether prayer helps you when you are ill or not is a matter of
conjecture. What is absolutely certain is that it does NOT help you to
make the reight decision. Why if prayer is so effective is there
ethnic cleansing in Iraq?

- Ian Parker

Old September 10th 08, 09:03 AM posted to alt.2600,sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.math
Steven

"Dirk Van de moortel" wrote in message
Got that right. But who said this was God's fault?

Everything is his fault. He created the bloody mess in the
first place, didn't he?

No, She didn't. But I agree that She should have kept an eye on that
singularity on the shelf.