Now is the Winter of Our Discontent

Old January 9th 19, 01:31 AM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

Default Now is the Winter of Our Discontent

On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 1:20:00 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 1:26:48 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
The big wind storm passed through about 11 PM last night! Lights flickered a lot, but stayed on. I had a flashlight within reach, and candles ready. Wind in nearby Troutdale was recorded at 48 mph. No trees blew down near me, only branches. The lid blew off the giant cooler I keep on my back patio, so I had to go out and put it back on. Other than that, no problems. Got a little warmer when the storm came through, up to 49F.

Now 40F as of 1:15 PM here in Gresham. Overcast with light rain. Wind south at 10 mph. Humidity 88%.

Double-A

Cool and my wind shield showed it rained.Any colder I would have to go motel.Teresa said I could stay at her house,but its at MT.Baldy and that is far.Also Ifeel I was imposing. Still seeing my Dr.on this bad fall.Its not healing well,and that is not good. I'm bandaged up like a mommy. Bert

Perfect day.Got warmer,and good for sleeping.At the Anaheim Senior center they covered all outlets.They want to close it down.Its money all the way down.Its all part of GOP Mafia HUD fraud.Bert

Old January 10th 19, 09:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Tuesday, January 8, 2019 at 4:53:27 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
[...]

A balmy 50F here in Gresham as of 12 45 PM. Perfect January weather! Calm and sun shining through clouds. Humidity 72%.

Someone gave Kim a universal battery charger, because her phone doesn't seem to be charging the battery. People at a library were she went couldn't make it work, and told her it was no good. But I looked at it briefly, and figured out how it worked, and charged her battery. Sometimes it takes a brain!

Double-A

Old January 17th 19, 10:08 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

A warmer 44F as of 1:00 PM today, after a week of much colder east wind. Wind now south at 17 mph. Humidity 73%. Scattered showers.

I caught a cold last week, and with all the days of cold wind, I thought it best to just stay home and take care of myself. I did have lunch with Kim yesterday. She brought be some fruit.

Double-A

Old January 17th 19, 10:48 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Saturday, December 22, 2018 at 12:55:51 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Yes, winter is finally here. Cloudy sky and rain expected later. 43F as of 12:30 PM here in Gresham. Wind east at 13 mph. Humidity 68%. No chance for a white Christmas here.

Well, they say the government has been shut down! Does that mean it no longer exists? Does it mean I no longer have to obey its laws? That would be nice!

I will be incommunicado for a few days after today. Library will close for both Christmas and Christmas Eve (Those librarians love to take every holiday off they can get away with!). And tomorrow I will be celebrating my birthday: the big 7 0 !

Double-A

Rain again with low temp.Sorry you got a cold.I refused a flu shot.I felt my resistance was down.As you know I have microbes the super life on Earth. AA stay warm drink tea,and C Chicken soup with salty crackers. I'm starting to watch the Patriots again on my laptop.Beting too.Nothing better to do.Can;t go out in this heavy dew. Van heater works well,but its very cold at 3am and there is no sun at 7am.Mt.Baldy must be covered in snow.Bert
Old January 17th 19, 11:23 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 1:48:39 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Saturday, December 22, 2018 at 12:55:51 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Yes, winter is finally here. Cloudy sky and rain expected later. 43F as of 12:30 PM here in Gresham. Wind east at 13 mph. Humidity 68%. No chance for a white Christmas here.

Well, they say the government has been shut down! Does that mean it no longer exists? Does it mean I no longer have to obey its laws? That would be nice!

I will be incommunicado for a few days after today. Library will close for both Christmas and Christmas Eve (Those librarians love to take every holiday off they can get away with!). And tomorrow I will be celebrating my birthday: the big 7 0 !

Double-A

Rain again with low temp.

Isn't that what you've been praying for all this time?

Sorry you got a cold.I refused a flu shot.I felt my resistance was down.As you know I have microbes the super life on Earth. AA stay warm drink tea,and C Chicken soup with salty crackers.

Been doing all that except the soup. Good thing you mentioned it. I will check for chicken soup when I stop at Discounts Plus on the way home.

I'm starting to watch the Patriots again on my laptop.Beting too.Nothing better to do.Can;t go out in this heavy dew. Van heater works well,but its very cold at 3am and there is no sun at 7am.Mt.Baldy must be covered in snow.Bert

Being further north, the sun doesn't come here until after 8 AM. I usually sleep till then, then go out check the temperature, check the meter to see how much electricity I have used, and feed the squirrels.

Double-A

Old January 18th 19, 10:08 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Dry morning, but now starting to rain. Got my grocery shopping done early. They tried to overcharge me as usual, but I force the clerk to go back over every item till at least identified most of the overcharge. Shopping Safeway's on sale items is a good deal if can get them to honor their offers, which is not always easy. I can only imagine how much they are gouging people who just let them ring up whatever they like!

Now a balmy 48F as of 1 PM here in Gresham. Starting to rain. Calm. Humidity 74%.

Saw the first sign of spring, daffodils poking up through the ground by an old church I walk by on the way here.

Double-A

Old January 19th 19, 09:32 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

A rare peaceful day here January. Sun shining through clouds. Rain has stopped. Wind down to 2 mph. Temp a compfy 49F as of 12:30 PM here in Gresham.

My cold symptoms have nearly disappeared after two nights of eating that chicken soup that you prescribed, Bert!

The library has finally received boxes of Income Tax forms and instructions, and put them out. T'is the season!

Double-A

Old January 19th 19, 10:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Saturday, January 19, 2019 at 12:32:21 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
A rare peaceful day here January. Sun shining through clouds. Rain has stopped. Wind down to 2 mph. Temp a compfy 49F as of 12:30 PM here in Gresham.

My cold symptoms have nearly disappeared after two nights of eating that chicken soup that you prescribed, Bert!

The library has finally received boxes of Income Tax forms and instructions, and put them out. T'is the season!

Double-A

You being a mountain man the microbes are afraid of you. Hope your eating MSP,V8,and B12. Bert
Old January 19th 19, 11:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Saturday, January 19, 2019 at 1:13:19 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Saturday, January 19, 2019 at 12:32:21 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
A rare peaceful day here January. Sun shining through clouds. Rain has stopped. Wind down to 2 mph. Temp a compfy 49F as of 12:30 PM here in Gresham.

My cold symptoms have nearly disappeared after two nights of eating that chicken soup that you prescribed, Bert!

The library has finally received boxes of Income Tax forms and instructions, and put them out. T'is the season!

Double-A

You being a mountain man the microbes are afraid of you. Hope your eating MSP,V8,and B12. Bert

V8 is loaded with salt!

Double-A

First day of winter Gerald Kelleher Amateur Astronomy 0 November 1st 18 11:52 AM
Vic Winter ... RIP Anthony Ayiomamitis Amateur Astronomy 11 February 11th 07 08:29 AM
The Winter Triangle! Double-A Misc 2 November 14th 06 07:37 PM
145 CMa - the Winter Albireo - a colorful after-work winter double Feb-Mar canopus56 Amateur Astronomy 8 March 9th 06 04:16 PM
When's Martian winter? dkc_2001 Misc 22 May 28th 04 07:45 PM