Prediction?

Old December 7th 07, 12:25 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Brian Gaff

Default Prediction?

If its not fixable, they will find a way to fly with only two sensors
working.

Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.

Old December 7th 07, 03:23 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Brian Heil

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 12:25:09 GMT, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

If its not fixable, they will find a way to fly with only two sensors
working.

Brian

It sounds likey they have been working towards an inflight use of the
extra voltage sensors they installed after STS114. Just a matter of
deciding if it's safe to fly this workaround (they talked about MCC or
crew actionable items) in place of potential bad ECO sensors.

I'm really starting to like LeRoy Cain. He seems to be able to handle
the press conferences pretty well. Of course I may have a slight bias
- my father taught him when he was in 5th grade!

I'm also a fan of Wayne Hale - he seems to be a good example of
engineer turned manager. The only thing I worry about is some of his
body langauge during press conferences. He does some things that make
me wonder if the answer he's giving isn't exactly the truth (maybe
that's too strong of a word)!
Old December 8th 07, 02:27 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Jim in Houston[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

FWIW I agree about LeRoy Cain, I don't think they come any better. I
am a big fan of Wayne as well, I think he is being completely
truthful. He is very good at dumbing down the techno babble, I think
that may be what you are seeing.
Regards
Jim in Houston.

Contrary to popular opinion RN does not mean Real Nerd!
Teddy Roosevelt's mother said: "Fill what is empty,
empty what is full, and scratch where it itches"

Old December 8th 07, 04:53 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
[email protected]

On Dec 8, 10:47�am, "Brian Gaff" wrote:
Well a third seems to have gone funny during detanking, so �all bets are
off.

Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.
Blind user, so no pictures please!"Brian Gaff" wrote in message

.uk...

If its not fixable, they will find a way to fly with only two sensors
working.

Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.
Blind user, so no pictures please!- Hide quoted text -

Hey just put on that manager hat and fly Radio news suggests they
will fly anyway..........

I guess flight rules on critical one systems are only suggestions???
to be waived if inconvenient. after all theres a schedule to be kept

NASA has recently answered with a world press release to the prediction of a mega tsunami, created by a possible impact of a fragment of the comet SW-3 on MAY 25, 2006 in the Atlantic Ocean. This prediction, based on a clear and precise psychic commu [email protected] Amateur Astronomy 12 May 26th 06 06:50 PM
NASA has recently answered with a world press release to the prediction of a mega tsunami, created by a possible impact of a fragment of the comet SW-3 on MAY 25, 2006 in the Atlantic Ocean. This prediction, based on a clear and precise psychic commu [email protected] Amateur Astronomy 2 May 4th 06 08:56 PM
New prediction! Santana Misc 5 September 27th 05 08:57 PM
CME arrival prediction Brian O'Halloran Amateur Astronomy 3 October 28th 03 10:03 PM
CME arrival prediction Brian O'Halloran UK Astronomy 1 October 28th 03 05:35 PM