Sunday Night

Old January 9th 06, 05:31 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default Sunday Night

Sunday and it was a cold windy day,
I was set up by 5pm as the moon was
up. I didn't think I'd stay to long
as the wind was a cold one from the
north.

When I did get some people over, they
all came between 7pm and 7:30, that's
when everyone was heading home and
the few who stopped came over for a
fast look at the moon.

All totaly I had about 7 people stop
by in that 30 min time frame, but
the wind started getting stronger
and even those going to FF was using
the drive-threw.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net
In Garden Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/ingarden
Blast Off Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/starlords

Old January 9th 06, 01:32 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Hi Dennis,

Maybe what you need is one of the OBSESSION 20 or 30" telescopes.

Old January 9th 06, 02:37 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Mark F. wrote:
Hi Dennis,

Maybe what you need is one of the OBSESSION 20 or 30" telescopes.

Just leave it on the front porch.....! G

Wayne Howell
Photon Phlats Observatory
Port Townsend, WA
Old January 9th 06, 02:56 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

A truss style scope would not do well up there, well, if the sover was tight
it would be ok, but in the winds that would be like having a full set of
sails up. The best sunday nights are those connected to a holiday or it's
not so cold. Funny thing was that by 11pm the winds had died but I was doped
up with my aspin to do anything, the cold gets my knees pain level to go up.

newsBtwf.18805$em5.2733@trnddc05...