"Nazis Run Our Space Program" -- Peace Activist Bruce Gag-Me

Old March 4th 05, 04:35 AM
Pat Flannery

Rand Simberg wrote:

Yes, to the point that it's become chic for clueless college kids to
worship a brutal thug that they know nothing about.

He looked better that Fidel any day of the week; Fidel just looked
frumpy- he even tried the Che beret, but he just looked like he should
be reciting beat poetry in a Greenwich Village coffee house:
http://galizacig.org/imxact/2004/08/...tro_ruz320.jpg
There have been only a few bloodthirsty people who ever knew how to
dress well- here's another one...this outfit just oozes "African
Despot": http://us-africa.tripod.com/mobutu.jpg
Very few people can make leopard fur work for them, Mobuto was one;
Jacqueline Kennedy was another.
No matter what Idi Amin wore, he still looked like he should be standing
by the front door of the Kampala Hilton, doffing his hat to the arriving
guests: http://www.rnw.nl/informarn/assets/images/Idi-Amin.jpg
Rand, we need a look that says "you" in no uncertain terms...that
defines the very essence of your character, as well as your politics and
overall world view...I'm thinking either this
http://www.erikssonstunnbrod.se/max/ming.gif
Or this: http://www.monstrula.de/filme/robotmonster/pic9.jpg :-D

Pat
Old March 4th 05, 04:38 AM
Pat Flannery

Herb Schaltegger wrote:

Please don't mess with my traditions. I still have mine (several, in
fact) from my Air Force days.

Still have your chukka boots?
The **** Cap served no useful purpose other than to gather lint and
dandruff.

pat
Old March 4th 05, 11:07 AM
Nathan Gant

Jim,

I've met Bruce Gagnon and he's a very sincere, idealistic person.

Bruce has perfectly rational objections about launching plutonium in
rockets. That would make a decent terrorist weapon -- blow up the Space
Shuttle when it is a few miles in the air, with a large amount of plutonium
on board. There would be plenty of radioactive debris coming back down to
propagate lots of healthy cancer cells for a few generations.

btw his website is:

http://www.space4peace.org/

This is a great site to give an alternative perspective on space exploration
and space cooperation. Space policy shouldn't take place in a vacuum.

"Jim Oberg" wrote in message
"Nazis Run Our Space Program" -- Peace Activist Bruce Gag-Me.

Bruce Gagnon has long been known as an anti-nuke whiner at Cape Canaveral,
where his name is mispronounced 'Bruce Gag-Me'. Seems he's getting on the
call-Bushies-all-nazis meme pretty enthusiastically. And his photograph on
his website shows him wearing a BERET -- enough said!!

Link courtesy of http://www.transterrestrial.com/, a site I really like.

http://space4peace.blogspot.com/2005...r-present.html
Monday, February 28, 2005
NAZI PAST OUR PRESENT
A woman called tonight that has seen our video called Arsenal of

Hypocrisy:
The space program and the military industrial complex. She was very moved

by
the part of the video that tells the story about the Nazi rocket

scientists
brought to the U.S. after WWII in the secret military program called
Operation Paperclip. I first learned about the story when I read the book
Secret Agenda by former CNN investigative reporter Linda Hunt. The book

told
in detail how 1,500 top Nazi scientists were smuggled into the U.S.

through
Boston and West Palm Beach, Florida. One hundred of them, along with 100
copies of Hitler's V-2 rocket, were brought to Huntsville, Alabama to

create
the U.S. space program. Wernher von Braun, the head of Hitler's team that
built the V-1 and V-2 rockets was made the first director of NASA's

Marshall
Space Flight Center in Huntsville.

Old March 4th 05, 11:55 AM
Chuck Stewart

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 11:07:15 +0000, Nathan Gant wrote:

Jim,

We hear you.

I've met Bruce Gagnon and he's a very sincere, idealistic person.

Undoubtedly.

Bruce has perfectly rational objections about launching plutonium in
rockets.

Which has exactly what to do with accusations of
"NASA Nazism"?

And by the way, according to the referenced web site,
he does not have "rational objections". All he has is
already-discredited anti-nuke scare stories.

That would make a decent terrorist weapon --

Assertion. One that plays the "terrorism" card.

And to back up that assertion?

blow up the Space Shuttle when it is a few miles
in the air, with a large amount of plutonium
on board.

....you handwave a scenario that illustrates massive
ignorance about future shuttle ops...

There would be plenty of radioactive debris coming back down to
propagate lots of healthy cancer cells for a few generations.

.... and cap it with more assertions that do not
match up with evidence from tests simulationg
launch accident conditions and nuclear materials.

And still no evidence whatsoever to support the "Nazi
NASA" accusations.

btw his website is:

http://www.space4peace.org/

May the Puma Sisters preserve us... they're still
wimpering about _Cassinni_ on that site.

This is a great site to give an alternative perspective on space
exploration and space cooperation. Space policy shouldn't take place in
a vacuum.

Such as the one that evidently exists in the site
writers' craniums?

--
Chuck Stewart
"Anime-style catgirls: Threat? Menace? Or just studying spaceborne

Old March 4th 05, 02:07 PM
Cecil Trotter

There was also the little issue that they ended up being manufactured
in China...

Yeah, sort of like the coffee cup a buddy of mine gave me from his air
defense unit. The cup has an air defense logo on it with the the moto
"America's Shield" written under it. On the bottom of the cup, "Made in
China"

Old March 4th 05, 04:14 PM
Rand Simberg

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 22:35:24 -0600, in a place far, far away, Pat
Flannery made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

Rand, we need a look that says "you" in no uncertain terms...that
defines the very essence of your character, as well as your politics and
overall world view...I'm thinking either this
http://www.erikssonstunnbrod.se/max/ming.gif
Or this: http://www.monstrula.de/filme/robotmonster/pic9.jpg :-D

I and my fashion consultants will give it all the consideration that
it's due.
Old March 4th 05, 04:16 PM
Rand Simberg

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 11:07:15 GMT, in a place far, far away, "Nathan
Gant" made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

Jim,

I've met Bruce Gagnon and he's a very sincere, idealistic person.

I've no doubt he is. He's sincerely loonytunes.
Old March 4th 05, 04:55 PM
Pat Flannery

Nathan Gant wrote:

Bruce has perfectly rational objections about launching plutonium in
rockets. That would make a decent terrorist weapon -- blow up the Space
Shuttle when it is a few miles in the air, with a large amount of plutonium
on board.

The Plutonium is encased in ceramic designed to withstand not only a
in-flight explosion, but even a reentry, IIRC.

Pat
Old March 4th 05, 05:14 PM
Eric Chomko

Damon Hill ) wrote:
: (Eric Chomko) wrote in
: :

: Rand Simberg ) wrote:
: : On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 18:48:28 +0000 (UTC), in a place far, far away,
: :
(Eric Chomko) made the phosphor on my
: : monitor glow in such a way as to indicate that:

: :
: : But isn't China our most favored nation WRT trade?
:
: : No. Apparently you're as ignorant of the meaning of the phrase "most
: : favored nation."
:
: What does it mean then?

:
http://www.itds.treas.gov/mfn.html

Thanks. I believe the point is that despite China's human rights
violations, as we see it, we grant a wavier every single year to allow
them normal trade relations, formerly nation most favored WRT trade. Huh,
I guess THAT really sends the message about our commitment to ending their
communist ways and their human rights violations.

Eric

: --Damon

Old March 4th 05, 05:29 PM
Neil Gerace

"Eric Chomko" wrote in message
Thanks. I believe the point is that despite China's human rights
violations, as we see it, we grant a wavier every single year to allow
them normal trade relations, formerly nation most favored WRT trade. Huh,
I guess THAT really sends the message about our commitment to ending their
communist ways and their human rights violations.

The only communists in China are some people in the government, and even
then only on the outside