Anybody Have a Tak Epsilon 180ED

Old May 7th 13, 05:25 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Default Anybody Have a Tak Epsilon 180ED

I need help identifying an adapter that might be the TKP68005 that is
part of the Epsilon 180ED collimating kit.

I have an item among the Takahashi adapters in my observatory that
looks like the Visual adapter TKP68005 that is shown as item 10 on the
Texas Nautical Epsilon 180ED chart at
http://www.takahashiamerica.com/char...20Visual%20Sys
%20TX.pdf, but someone has told me from my description that my item is
not the TKP68005.

On one side of my adapter is a two-tiered flange with two sizes of male
threads. The flange closest to the finger grip has diameter of 67 mm,
and the outer flange thread is 54mm. The 54mm section of the outer
flange appears to have a 47 or 48mm female thread, as well.

The flange on the opposite side has no male thread (smooth exterior)
and a female thread that is a standard 42mm x .75mm T-thread.

The Takahashi chart is somewhat ambiguous. On the top level it appears
to show item 19 Collimating tube TCE0030 sliding into TKP68005 as if
TKP68005 has a smooth bore and no female threads.

On the second level it appears to show Coupling S TSP0030 screwing into
the TKP68005 as if the TKP68005 does have a female thread.

Someone suggested on the Tak Yahoo group that the adapter that I have
might accept both the sliding barrel and a threaded insert. I have
never seen a female-threaded adapter that was meant to accept an
unthreaded sliding barrel, but there are many things in this world that
I haven't seen.

Is my adapter a TKP68005? If not, what is it?

If this description is too ambiguous I can prepare labeled photographs
to post on Flickr.

Many thanks!

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm

Epsilon Equivalence Patrick Ashley Meuser\-Bianca\ SETI 7 October 26th 06 02:57 AM
Epsilon-180 astrograph Thomas Womack Amateur Astronomy 1 October 6th 05 01:14 AM
Epsilon lyra Tom Amateur Astronomy 2 July 14th 05 08:06 AM
news pictures with epsilon 130 manastro Amateur Astronomy 0 June 20th 05 06:49 PM
Epsilon Lyrae - - what am I missing? Joe S. Amateur Astronomy 17 September 8th 03 07:41 PM