Former NASA Chief: Obama OMB Creating 'Potemkin Space Program'

Old April 21st 09, 06:08 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Mark R. Whittington

Default Former NASA Chief: Obama OMB Creating 'Potemkin Space Program'

Barack Obama's space policy has taken more twists and turns than a
satellite in an eccentric orbit. If former NASA administrator Mike
Griffin is correct, Obama's space stance is about to take another
change in direction.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ing.html?cat=9
Old April 21st 09, 06:35 PM posted to sci.space.policy
kT

Default American Retard Without A Clue :

Mark R. Whittington
Old April 21st 09, 08:04 PM posted to sci.space.policy
jacob navia[_2_]

Mark R. Whittington wrote:
Barack Obama's space policy has taken more twists and turns than a
satellite in an eccentric orbit. If former NASA administrator Mike
Griffin is correct, Obama's space stance is about to take another
change in direction.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ing.html?cat=9

Interesting site.

I found this pearl:

Majority of Americans Would Not Vote for Barack Obama
Democratic presidential nominee Senator Barack Obama has consistently
been a strong second place in the race for the Democratic nomination,
but a new poll released by Harris Interactive shows that only 34 percent
of Americans would vote for Obama.
By Kari Livingston | Published 6/4/2007 | Read more

got it?

--
jacob navia
jacob at jacob point remcomp point fr
Old April 21st 09, 11:02 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jonathan

"Mark R. Whittington" wrote in message
Barack Obama's space policy has taken more twists and turns than a
satellite in an eccentric orbit. If former NASA administrator Mike
Griffin is correct, Obama's space stance is about to take another
change in direction.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ing.html?cat=9

Momentum is rapidly building for an ambitious energy program.

NASA needs to understand that more Golden Safaris to the Moon
and Mars are not exactly what the country needs, or the public
wants. If NASA wants more money, they need to jump into the
game, they need a goal oriented around energy/global warming
for manned space flight. If they insist on the Moon at the expense
of earth science, then expect budget cuts and a slow death to our
manned space program.

THE WORLD IS BURNING while NASA spends billions
to kick around some more Moon rocks.

That's just insane!

Our /primary national science program/ relies on "Faith" for it's
for it's justification. Faith that if we go the benefits will follow
someday, somehow. Ya know, like what they said about
the ISS.

Scientific Faith? Or is it Faithful Science?
What is NASA practicing these days?

Ignorance?

I've grown up loving and watching all things NASA since I was nine.
I'm as big a fan as can be, but if I were in charge I'd ****-can our manned
space program on day one, without any remorse, and start over
from scratch.

There's never been a better time to do just that than....right now.

Jonathan

Old April 22nd 09, 01:43 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

jacob navia wrote:
Mark R. Whittington wrote:
Barack Obama's space policy has taken more twists and turns than a
satellite in an eccentric orbit. If former NASA administrator Mike
Griffin is correct, Obama's space stance is about to take another
change in direction.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ing.html?cat=9

Interesting site.

It's becoming increasingly obvious that Griffin is as much of a
loudmouthed little spoiled brat as Goldin was.

Pat
Old April 22nd 09, 01:56 AM posted to sci.space.policy
kT

Jonathan wrote:

There's never been a better time to do just that than....right now.

Could we start tomorrow, I'd like to get a good nights sleep first.

Next week would be even better.
Old April 23rd 09, 12:38 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Jonathan

"kT" wrote in message
Jonathan wrote:

There's never been a better time to do just that than....right now.

Could we start tomorrow, I'd like to get a good nights sleep first.

Next week would be even better.

I have a feeling Griffin's latest Obama bitch-fest means a new administrator
will be on deck shortly. Maybe that fast!

The only reason he's still there has gotta be because Obama's been too busy
to get around to it, so instead they're throttling his spending on the Moon
hardware until they get around to picking a new chief. Hence his bitching.

All things point to an justly deserved death to the Vision in the coming months.

If I were to compare NASA's current situation to a publicly traded company
it'd be like the current situation with GM. Mired in a bad business plan and
no money. Junk!

Going back to the Moon now is as lame as GM depending on 18 foot long
SUV's for it's profit while oil was hitting $150.

What are they thinking?

Old April 23rd 09, 10:51 PM posted to sci.space.policy
BradGuth

On Apr 21, 10:08*am, "Mark R. Whittington"
wrote:
Barack Obama's space policy has taken more twists and turns than a
satellite in an eccentric orbit. If former NASA administrator Mike
Griffin is correct, Obama's space stance is about to take another
change in direction.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art..._nasa_chief_ob...

And the great mutual ruse/sting of their mutually perpetrated cold-war
century continues, as though a white Zionist god and all of his
kingdom were on the same side of the USSR/USA coinage.

We’re seeing such bogus topics posted that even a failing 5th grader
can easily interpret as to what a total crock of mainstream infowar
tactics is going on. Too bad that BHO is going to have little
budgetary option but to cut our NASA budget sown to the bone
(eliminating most everything except the most pressing terrestrial
related matters), thanks mostly to their corrupt politics and their
SEC approved Ponzi Madoff and Big Mother Ponzi AIG, it’s all situated
in the nearest toilet.

Just checked GM stock, and lo and behold it's almost worth as much a
toilet paper, along with a number of other public bailout investments
going onto the nearest toilet. That's OK, because what's another
million of middle and upper class unemployed, plus at least another
half million of preexisting UAW retirements and seeing everyone’s
medical benefits trashed, all because of our corrupt and greedy UAW
and faith-based corrupted government agencies of loot and benefit
hording era. Chances of UAW and GM survival are looking grim, as
though now they got next to nothing outside of whatever chapter 7
manages to liquidate. Way to go warlord republicans and faith-based
puppet masters.

How many chapter 7s per business day are we averaging?
~ BG
Old April 23rd 09, 11:58 PM posted to sci.space.policy
jacob navia[_2_]

BradGuth wrote:

This is a good description of BG's state of mind.

We’re seeing such bogus topics posted that even a failing 5th grader
can easily interpret as to what a total crock of mainstream infowar
tactics is going on. Too bad that BHO is going to have little
budgetary option but to cut our NASA budget sown to the bone
(eliminating most everything except the most pressing terrestrial
related matters), thanks mostly to their corrupt politics and their
SEC approved Ponzi Madoff and Big Mother Ponzi AIG, it’s all situated
in the nearest toilet.

Sure sure BG. Did you took your medicine today? All those Jews...
How awful. I know. But take those pills will you?

Just checked GM stock, and lo and behold it's almost worth as much a
toilet paper, along with a number of other public bailout investments
going onto the nearest toilet.

Toilet, toilet... Whats wrong with toilets BG?

Or.... you never go there and **** in your pants?

Jacob, the Jew
Old April 24th 09, 12:24 AM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

Pat Flannery wrote:

jacob navia wrote:
Mark R. Whittington wrote:
Barack Obama's space policy has taken more twists and turns than a
satellite in an eccentric orbit. If former NASA administrator Mike
Griffin is correct, Obama's space stance is about to take another
change in direction.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ing.html?cat=9

Interesting site.

It's becoming increasingly obvious that Griffin is as much of a
loudmouthed little spoiled brat as Goldin was.

Pat

As has been pointed out previously, I'm particularly enamored by this comment from:

http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2009/...tives-fiction/

quote

Mr Griffin turned his attentions towards the criticism of Ares I, saying “so what?” to the possibility there are better alternatives
available, given the amount of money and effort that would have been wasted on Ares, if it was to be cancelled at this stage of
development.

“I’ve grown impatient with the argument that Orion and Ares I are not perfect, and should be supplanted with other designs,” he
noted. “I don’t agree that there is a better approach for the money, but if there were, so what?

end-quote

So what?!?! WTF?

So what if the government wastes billions while people are out of work and our entire financial system is in crisis?
So what that I force you to pay for this via the coercive taxing power of the state, simply because I say so?
So what that because we've already spent some money on a bad design we should continue to fund it because its there?
So what that the study I commissioned to prove I'm right actually shows that I'm wrong?

So why the f*** is anyone even listening to this guy? Obama needs to get the new administrator in there pronto
and shut this guy up. I thought there was an ex Air Force general in-line for the job?

Dave