St Helen is Smoking

Old November 23rd 05, 06:25 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Default St Helen is Smoking

We All need a first hand report Double-A Any Earth shaking comments?
Would like to have 50LB of St Helen ash shipped to me,for I've got a
great money making idea. Bert

Old November 23rd 05, 07:32 PM posted to alt.astronomy

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
We All need a first hand report Double-A Any Earth shaking comments?
Would like to have 50LB of St Helen ash shipped to me,for I've got a
great money making idea. Bert

Thanks for the warning, Bert.

I'll have to keep my eye on it.

Right now it looks like only a little steam, but you can see for
yourself:

http://www.oregonlive.com/volcanocam/

I'll take a look when I go outside, but I haven't been to anxious to
venture out into this 25 F weather.

St. Helens ash was quite plentiful back in 1980. They made a lot of
stuff with it, like ceramic items that they could sell in the gift
shops.

Double-A

Old November 23rd 05, 09:08 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Twittering One wrote:
"St Helen is Smoking ~

We All
Need a first hand report
Double-A ...

Any Earth shaking comments ~ ?

Would like to have 50LB of St Helen ash
Shipped to me,

For I've got a great money ~ making
Idea."
~ Bert

"Thanks for the warning, Bert.
I'll have to keep my eye on it.

I'll take a look when I go outside,
But I haven't been to anxious to venture
Out into this 25 F weather.

St. Helens ash was quite plentiful back in 1980.
They made a lot of stuff with it,
Like ceramic items
They could sell in the gift shops."
~ Double-A

"Do you possess a quilted map,
Or perhaps,
If hazard or a vulture snags your knapsack,

A folded set of clear and precise directions
Or a well ~ tuned accordian, as well a well ~ rehearsed accordian
Player to transport us safely across

The North West Passage of The Synaptic Gap ~ ?"
~ Alfred

No, but I possess a pen filled with Mt. St. Helens ash.

Also one filled with shedded money.

It reminds me of the conditon of my finances.

Double-A

Old November 23rd 05, 09:10 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Hi Double -A I want to make a 8 hour clock from the fine ash. Could you
test the ash to see it it has some weak magnetizum,for I have an idea if
it has. Is it just grey? Does it have black lumps? any red,or yellow?
Do you think Ash Sunday got its name from Mt Vesuvius erupting?

Old November 24th 05, 03:43 AM posted to alt.astronomy

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Hi Double -A I want to make a 8 hour clock from the fine ash. Could you
test the ash to see it it has some weak magnetizum,for I have an idea if
it has.

Yes, I tested it with a magnet and some particles in it were attracted.

Is it just grey? Does it have black lumps?

I recall grey, I'm not sure about black lumps. Truth is, what I have
is misplaced right now, even the pen filled with it. Too many moves.

any red,or yellow?

No.

Do you think Ash Sunday got its name from Mt Vesuvius erupting?

You mean ash Wednesday? I doubt it.

Double-A

Old November 24th 05, 03:50 AM posted to alt.astronomy

Twittering One wrote:
"No, but I possess a pen
Filled with Mt. St. Helen's ash.
Also one filled with shedded money.
It reminds me of the conditon of my finances."
~ Double-A

"Shedded or shredded,

Shredded, although shedded might be appropriate too!

Your stuffing, accompanied by chestnuts or oysters,
Creamed or lightly lemoned,
Your spinach ~ ?

Mmm! Spinach salad!

Your plans, your menu, for Thanksgiving,
What ~ ?

I have a fine Turkey TV dinner!

Your bedding warm,
Are you safe from harm

For the moment.

Have you an arm
To lean upon ~ ?"
~ Twittering

Still waiting for you.

Double-A

Old November 24th 05, 03:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Hi Twitty & Double-A Woody Allen had a scene in one of his movies of
him having his friends over for Thanksgiving,and he served them turkey
TV dinners. They were not worried about the food,they would have been
worried if not invited. Reality is they were all mutual friends,and had
only love for each other. Friends are more important than sex or food.
Bert

Old November 24th 05, 11:15 PM posted to alt.astronomy

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Hi Twitty & Double-A Woody Allen had a scene in one of his movies of
him having his friends over for Thanksgiving,and he served them turkey
TV dinners.

Sounds perfectly practical to me!

They were not worried about the food,they would have been
worried if not invited.

Like I overheard two ladies at the supermarket yesterday. One said,
"Shouldn't we have real butter for the dinner?"

And the other one said, "Let em eat margerine! I could give a ****!"

Reality is they were all mutual friends,and had
only love for each other. Friends are more important than sex or food.
Bert

Have a happy one!

Double-A

Old November 24th 05, 11:43 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Double-A wrote:
G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Hi Twitty & Double-A Woody Allen had a scene in one of his movies of
him having his friends over for Thanksgiving,and he served them turkey
TV dinners.

Sounds perfectly practical to me!

They were not worried about the food,they would have been
worried if not invited.

Like I overheard two ladies at the supermarket yesterday. One said,
"Shouldn't we have real butter for the dinner?"

And the other one said, "Let em eat margerine! I could give a ****!"

Reality is they were all mutual friends,and had
only love for each other. Friends are more important than sex or food.
Bert

Have a happy one!

Hi Double-A. I am so out-of-circulation, I didn't *know* that today was
Thanksgiving for you, Yanks.

Smoked St. Helen's Thanksgiving turkey?

All the best Double-A. ... Any family? ... brothers or sisters to get
together with?

RL

Double-A

Old November 25th 05, 01:49 AM posted to alt.astronomy

Raving Loonie wrote:
Double-A wrote:
G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Hi Twitty & Double-A Woody Allen had a scene in one of his movies of
him having his friends over for Thanksgiving,and he served them turkey
TV dinners.

Sounds perfectly practical to me!

They were not worried about the food,they would have been
worried if not invited.

Like I overheard two ladies at the supermarket yesterday. One said,
"Shouldn't we have real butter for the dinner?"

And the other one said, "Let em eat margerine! I could give a ****!"

Reality is they were all mutual friends,and had
only love for each other. Friends are more important than sex or food.
Bert

Have a happy one!

Hi Double-A. I am so out-of-circulation, I didn't *know* that today was
Thanksgiving for you, Yanks.

Yep. I guess you guys had yours last month, eh? Guess you have to
have it before the tundra up there gets all iced over, huh?

Smoked St. Helen's Thanksgiving turkey?

All the best Double-A. ... Any family? ... brothers or sisters to get
together with?

RL

Double-A

Someone did take pity on me and brought me over a hot turkey dinner.

Double-A