What If

Old February 1st 05, 12:47 PM
John Zinni

"Jonathan Silverlight" wrote
in message ...

Snip.

Has Bert ever been right about anything?? The 1885 event was a
supernova, not a nova.

I'm not sure that Bert knows that there is a difference. He seems to use the
two terms interchangeably (as do some others).

Old February 1st 05, 02:18 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Well J S and JohnZ Those that appreciate me(like me) give me the
benefit (bend a little) Lots(like you two guys) are not nice enough to
give a little. You think by bringing people down you can bring
yourselves up to look down at them(this is your ego trip) Wake up.
Reality is this group is made up of clever people,and are to wise for
you two. It would give me great pleasure to be in your "KILL FILE LIST"
Bert PS Why don't you guys get lost

Old February 2nd 05, 03:29 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

What if no one challenges conventional wisdom? I'm thinking about all
those answers "Google" can give.Is it not best to know are current
problems come out from the conventional wisdom given by going to Google.

At times we must use are own wisdom.(throw it out for grabs) This is an
act of wisdom. I probably has more uncertainty than Google but it can
shine light on a mystery from another direction. Had
Copernicus,Einstien and many others simply accepted the conventional
wisdom of their time,things would not be what is understood about our
universe today,and still we should never stop challenging theories.
Google falls under the uncertainty Principle. The universe is ruled by
probability. There is always a 99.999999999 chance I could be
wrong(but I don't think so.) Go figure Bert

Old February 3rd 05, 12:49 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

What if GUT has to be a theory that will tell us why the known laws of
physics and the constants of nature are as they are? My thinking is
this GUT will be used to show that all universes are exactly alike(don't
vary by even a molecule. All universes are hospitable to life.
All universes have these same intrinsic features. Mass (two
types),Energy(two types),Gravity(one type),and the inverse square law.
Bert

Old February 4th 05, 09:36 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

What if thoughts and things are interconnected? What if there is no 100%
reality? What if there is no world at all,and if we look away its gone?
What if in the long run(over time) the universe does not want to bind
things together? What if push force is more fundamental than pull?What
if all objects,energies and forces in the universe are not created at
the big bang(same exact time?) What if the universe is infinite in
size,time,and amount of objects? What if all things have to act on each
other all the time? What if objects grow,and change by decay(neutron
into hydrogen) ?What if gravity space and time created the universe? Or
What? What if objects created these thoughts? What if my mind
created the objects? Bert

Old February 5th 05, 03:33 AM
Double-A

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
[snip]
What if the universe is infinite in size,time,and amount of objects?

[snip]
What if my mind created the objects? Bert

Then we would say, "Hallowed be thy name."

Double-A

Old February 5th 05, 04:26 AM
Twittering One

"What if the universe is infinite in size,
time,
and amount of objects?
[Bite. Bite. Bite.]
What if my mind created the objects?'
~ Bert

"Then we would say,
'Hallowed be thy name.'"
~ Double-A

Or...
BOO!
Happy Halloween!

Trick or treat?

Old February 5th 05, 04:30 AM
Twittering One

What if the universe is infinite in size,
time,
and amount of objects

?
[Bite. Bite. Bite.]
What if my mind created the objects?'
~ Bert

"Then we would say,
'Hallowed be thy name.'"
~ Double-A

Or...
BOO!
Happy Halloween!

Trick or treat?

O, mais oui ~ Dr.
Edward Hallowell, come on down! Dr.
Ratey's already invited...Just please ~ Drive Us ot Further Dis-
Traction, with plenty of traction!

Old February 5th 05, 02:37 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi Twitty and Double-A Seems if you think a lot of "What ifs"(in every
direction) you can't get away without bringing in the "Anthropic
principle" I can see how God and the Anthropic principle can be two
sides to the same coin. We read stuff like "If the universe was not the
way it is we would not be here to observe it(Hawkings) What if there
are trillions of very beautiful universes,but no one to wonder at their
great beauty? What sense does it make for nature to create a universe
that can't see itself? Another thing is if we take
both God and the Anthropic principle as our complete thinking on reality
it runs against the tide of the whole history of science. I however
believe that man made God in his own image. Bert

Old February 7th 05, 08:22 AM
Twittering One

"Hi Twitty and Double-A
Seems if you think a lot of "What ifs"(in every direction)
you can't get away without bringing
in the 'Anthropic principle'

I can see how God and the Anthropic principle
can be two sides to the same coin.
We read stuff like "If the universe was not the way
it is we would not be here to observe it(Hawkings)

What if there are trillions of very beautiful universes,
but no one to wonder at their great beauty?

What sense does it make for nature
to create a universe that can't see itself?

Another thing is if we take both God
and the Anthropic principle as our complete
thinking on reality
it runs against the tide of the whole history
of science.

I however
believe that man made God in his own image."
~ Bert

Anthropic?

Yes, true Bert, Ms.
God I formed, or rather, us, both, a simultaneous wave function
Manifested into form. For us, that's
The norm!

O, come on over, see my
Ant brigade! They march, they parade, they farm
Their dirt mound. But O, know ~ A Fugue
Play they, if vacationing in The Tropics!

So, if confused you feel,
While visiting our ant hill, just realize those many other
Lovely universes, sight unseen, hitherto
By us humans, shine, sing, sparkle, too, regardless!

So meanwhile, until our sense sounds
Suitable over there, we'll wear out non-stick and tear
Teflon swimming suit, ordered from The Catalogue
Of Anthropomorphism ~ The attribution of a human form,
Human characteristics, or human behavior
To nonhuman things
Such as deities in mythology and animals
In all my gorey bedtime stories.

Quoof!