my first pic

Old January 13th 08, 02:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Peter Bürgi

Default my first pic

Hi

Here is my directed picture from Mars.

bye Peter

exposure 07. Jan. 2008 10.12pm

Old January 14th 08, 08:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
G[_2_]

Default ASTRO: my first pic

Keep knocking at it. You are heading in the right direction.

Old January 14th 08, 05:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Peter Bürgi wrote:

Hi

Here is my directed picture from Mars.

bye Peter

exposure 07. Jan. 2008 10.12pm

My first Mars attempt came out a featureless orange ball. Later ones
were a bit better but those were at much closer oppositions than this
one. I've never managed a good Mars however.

Saturn and soon Jupiter will be in the late evening skies and they make
much easier targets. Though Jupiter is too low this year for my 47N
latitude. Still, its much larger size means about 7 times the pixels
covering it so even low it should come out better than Mars.

Rick