Why Earth's mantle is solid

Old September 12th 08, 05:46 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.chem,sci.physics,sci.geo.geology
Spaceman

Default Why Earth's mantle is solid

oriel36 wrote:
On Sep 12, 4:40 am, "Spaceman"
wrote:
oriel36 wrote:
On Sep 11, 6:52 pm, "Number Eleven - GPEMC!"
wrote:
"oriel36" wrote in message

[SNIP]
"There is no frustration,the opposite in fact given that I openly
enjoy rotational dynamics and leave nothing to stationary Earth
'convection cells'.With everybody trading in surface correlations
and chemical compositions without reference to rotational dynamics
nor how the Earth's spherical deviation meshes in with crustal
evolution and motion,I have no reason to complain."
[SNIP]

So how do you acount for what seismic data implies about the
earth's interior?

Look,right now there is an enormous amount of attention being paid
to the LHC and the interpretation of data it will generate,with the
usual cobblers about the 'deep mysteries of the universe','new
physic,etc, etc. I have images of a planet in motion with
demonstrates how a planet orbits the central Sun in a specific way
and applying the lessons learned to the Earth will give an entirely
new explanation for why we experience seasonal daylight/darkness
variations and why the natural noon cycles are unequal -

Well,
How about this Oriel36,
The revolution speed of Earth never actually changes,
It is simply the elliptic orbit that creates the difference
in light/dark and longer/shorter days with reference to the sun.

Do not waste my time !,if you want to listen then listen,if not then
stay away from this important matter.Unless you haven't noticed,there
is a clear distinction between human influence on climate and natural
variations and presently individuals are required to appreciate what
goes into the annual cyclical variations at the barest level -
variations in daylight/darkness and then consider climate as a
whole.Spare me the stupid emoticons for I assure you it takes quite an
effort to split daily rotational and orbital motions and work on the
specifics of both,I do it without acknowledgement in any shape or
form.

Too many are interested in mocking each other using the terrestrial
and celestial arena as a backdrop so stop it and stop it now.

You want to explain it then explain it in detail

Well,
Sorry if it was too simple of a statement.
I do know this is important to you so please accept
my appology for being too simple.
But what I was thinking makes sense geometrically to me.
If an object is revolving at a constant revolution and making
360 degree rotations at such a constant speed, but traveling
in an elliptical orbit, the light shining per day will change
per it's orbital position with relation to the sun and there
will be one longest day and one shortest day for one
trip around the sun. (year).
I hope you would like to enlighten me to what else you
are considering since I guess this is not the only factor involved.
But i do think it is a partial factor at least and should not be
ignored nor a waste of time as part of the explanation at least.

Old September 12th 08, 06:29 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.chem,sci.physics,sci.geo.geology
oriel36

On Sep 12, 6:46*am, "Spaceman"
wrote:
oriel36 wrote:
wrote:
"oriel36" wrote in message

[...]

Not even close and looks very much like the hundreds of others who try
to guess their way through this material.

I hope you would like to enlighten me to what else you
are considering since I guess this is not the only factor involved.
But i do think it is a partial factor at least and should not be
ignored nor a waste of time as part of the explanation at least.

Two motions - daily rotation and orbital motion,each separate from
each other.

Ask a simple question -

In the absence of daily rotation,would a location on Earth keep the
same face to the Sun over the course of a year and therefore
experience constant daylight or would a location change its
orientation to the central Sun and experience a year long day in terms
of daylight/darkness ?.

The answer is in that time lapse footage of Uranus, you can see daily
rotation as a separate motion to the change in the motion of the ring
as Uranus orbits the Sun -

http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/arc...999/11/video/b

One simple question that changes the way we look at orbital motion and
nobody has answered it correctly,not even when you can actually see
it.Here James,here is an animation which may help where a crank pin
constantly pointing to the same external point yet changes is
orientation to the central shaft -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV9WkQkUHZ4

Apply it to Uranus -

http://physics.uoregon.edu/~jimbrau/...13/FG13_06.jpg

And then apply it to the Earth ,something which has not been done
before.As the Equinox approaches in another week,the forward orbital
motion of the Earth brings the circle of illumination in line the
geographical poles thereby generating the same length of daylight/
darkness at all points on the globe.The explanation presently uses
'axial tilt' and does not reference what is happening orbitally.

Again,if people cannot handle the basic daylight/darkness variation
cycle and what causes it,they are unlikely to be capable of handling
climate and that James, is very important .

Old September 12th 08, 06:52 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.chem,sci.physics,sci.geo.geology
Spaceman

oriel36 wrote:
On Sep 12, 6:46 am, "Spaceman"
wrote:
oriel36 wrote:
wrote:
"oriel36" wrote in message

[...]

If the Earth was not rotating with reference to space itself.
As if one location on Earth was always pointing towards one
point billions and billions of miles away and it was only traveling
around the sun without daily rotation, then it would still experience
day and night but of course the day would last about half a year
and the night would be about the other half.
Hmm?
I think I might see what you are getting at but I don't want to jump
any further yet and would rather think a bit more about my thoughts.

[...]

I think I might be getting it, but I would like to know if you think
my answer above is following what you stated and what you tried
to point out to me.

Old September 12th 08, 07:10 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.chem,sci.physics,sci.geo.geology
oriel36

On Sep 12, 7:52*am, "Spaceman"
wrote:
oriel36 wrote:
On Sep 12, 6:46 am, "Spaceman"
wrote:
oriel36 wrote:
wrote:
"oriel36" wrote in message

[...]

If the Earth were not rotating - period .No rotation,no pointing,no
reference, nothing just orbital motion by itself .Then you look at
what any location on Earth will do over an orbital period.

Once a person clues into what is happening,and it is orbitally
fascinating,they will see just how big that additional and overlooked
orbital component is,truly !.

[...]

Keep trying and then use daily rotation and the slow orbital change
with respect to the central Sun to move on to why the noon cycles vary
in length (not the same thing as daylight/darkness variations).It is a
bit tricky but once you see it,it changes many,many things.

Old September 12th 08, 07:29 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.chem,sci.physics,sci.geo.geology
Spaceman

oriel36 wrote:
On Sep 12, 7:52 am, "Spaceman"
wrote:
oriel36 wrote:

snipped
Ask a simple question -

In the absence of daily rotation,would a location on Earth keep the
same face to the Sun over the course of a year and therefore
experience constant daylight or would a location change its
orientation to the central Sun and experience a year long day in
terms of daylight/darkness ?.

If the Earth was not rotating with reference to space itself.

If the Earth were not rotating - period .No rotation,no pointing,no
reference, nothing just orbital motion by itself .Then you look at
what any location on Earth will do over an orbital period.

Once a person clues into what is happening,and it is orbitally
fascinating,they will see just how big that additional and overlooked
orbital component is,truly !.

Without daily rotation, we would get half year light, half year night.
on one point of the Earth.
We would only get a perceived rotation as one percieved rotation
per year but not a physical rotation.
The light from the sun would still travel around the Earth once per
year if that is the "no rotation" of Earth you mean.
I am thinking you mean NOT like the moon that faces one point
towards us at all times which actually is one physical revolution each
orbit..)
That is what I was saying, I probably should not have used the
pointing method since that would create rotation like the moon
does.

Snipped

I think I might be getting it, but I would like to know if you think
my answer above is following what you stated and what you tried
to point out to me.

Keep trying and then use daily rotation and the slow orbital change
with respect to the central Sun to move on to why the noon cycles vary
in length (not the same thing as daylight/darkness variations).It is a
bit tricky but once you see it,it changes many,many things.

I am slowly putting it together I think
Going to get some sleep though right now.
Been a tiring day trying to spread the word about clock malfunctions
as you know.

--
James M Driscoll Jr
Creator of the Clock Malfunction Theory

Old September 13th 08, 12:34 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.chem,sci.physics,sci.geo.geology
BradGuth

On Sep 11, 11:10 pm, oriel36 wrote:
On Sep 12, 7:52 am, "Spaceman"
wrote:

oriel36 wrote:
On Sep 12, 6:46 am, "Spaceman"
wrote:
oriel36 wrote:
wrote:
"oriel36" wrote in message

[...]

Add in another 2e20 N/sec worth of orbiting tidal flexing, and it's
even more interesting.

~ BG
Old September 13th 08, 12:38 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.chem,sci.physics,sci.geo.geology
BradGuth

On Sep 11, 3:20 am, oriel36 wrote:
On Sep 11, 4:37 am, "Number Eleven - GPEMC!"

wrote:
"oriel36" wrote in message

On Sep 7, 5:53 am, "Number Eleven - GPEMC!"

wrote:
"Remember,the Earth is rotating and the internal composition cannot
rotate as a single unit therefore differential rotation must be
present."

Not necessarily. Take away the temperature differential and there is

nothing
left to drive micro-rotations against friction. Even differential rotation
must overcome friction and for this to occur purely from the energy stored
in a body's angular momentum, the overall rate of rotation must decay as

it
is consumed in overcoming friction.

"You are talking when you should be listening"

[SNIP]

Gee, you really know how to rub people the wrong way! :^)
I probably should listen more, but Hey! I'm human just like you. :^)

You know, it just might help people be more willing to explore your ideas if
you can accept the quirks of their humanity. We all love to chatter, perhaps
because we all want to be heard, no?

I can understand your frustration at posting the same old stuff over and
over again - but I've got to say, you are not alone. Apparently this is a
common problem on newsgroups.

What do you have in the way of reference sources regarding the subject of
viscous fluid dynamics of rotational bodies?

If it is a fluid it is already viscous.

There is no frustration,the opposite in fact given that I openly enjoy
rotational dynamics and leave nothing to stationary Earth 'convection
cells'.With everybody trading in surface correlations and chemical
compositions without reference to rotational dynamics nor how the
Earth's spherical deviation meshes in with crustal evolution and
motion,I have no reason to complain.

When a major modification comes along,there is no real need to
constantly recycle the arguments and I am not going to twist people's
arms,so to speak,in pointing out that a rotating Earth has rotational
consequences such as the differential rotation of the interior.They
can even borrow generalised rotational dynamics from stars if they
wish to demonstrate that a rotating composition in a viscous state
displays differential rotation between Equatorial and polar regions.

Enjoy your stationary Earth conceptions and you can safely leave me to
enjoy the consequences of a rotating Earth on both planetary shape and
crustal motion.

TIA

--
Timothy Casey GPEMC! Conditions apply. Seewww.fieldcraft.biz/GPEMC
Essays:http://timothycasey.info;http://spee...prehension.com

Don't leave out our Selene/moon, and of it's 2e20 N/sec worth of tidal
body flexing force, causing an equator wave of 55 cm isn't exactly
insignificant.

~ BG
Old September 13th 08, 07:25 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.chem,sci.physics,sci.geo.geology
oriel36[_2_]

On Sep 12, 8:29*am, "Spaceman"
wrote:
oriel36 wrote:
On Sep 12, 7:52 am, "Spaceman"
wrote:
oriel36 wrote:

[...]

Yes James,it already happens at the North and South poles where daily
rotation is at its least.They already experience a year long cycle of
daylight/darkness and if daily rotation did stop,every location on the
planet would experience the same thing.

This year long daylight/darkness cycle is due to the orbital motion of
the Earth and not 'axial tilt' and that is where the major change in
explanation occurs.I know too well just how tricky it is at first to
get your head around it at first however the time lapse footage of
Uranus will help in showing how the orbital motion of the planet
behaves separately to daily rotation.The mind tends to want to join
the daily rotation and orbital motion and that is why the variable
'axial tilt' explanation has remained for so long whereas if you just
see orbital motion without daily rotation (as close as physically
possible at the poles) it is possible to see what is happening as the
Earth orbits the Sun.

Look,it is possible to keep taunting those who cannot alter their
views and God knows some of them deserve it however it is much better
to demonstrate where modern imaging can be put to spectacular use if
the right people can interpret the images correctly and certainly
this particular topic has huge benefits for climate studies along with
a separate insight based on geological implications arising from daily
rotation.In short,I hope people actually look at the motions of the
Earth and depart from the awful framework created in the late 17th
century by Flamsteed,Newton and their followers.

Old September 13th 08, 06:18 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.chem,sci.physics,sci.geo.geology
Spaceman

oriel36 wrote:
On Sep 12, 8:29 am, "Spaceman"
wrote:
oriel36 wrote:
On Sep 12, 7:52 am, "Spaceman"
wrote:
oriel36 wrote:

[...]

Just for my references,
Where is it that Newton explains seasons and goes wrong like the others?

Old September 13th 08, 06:57 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.chem,sci.physics,sci.geo.geology
oriel36[_2_]

On Sep 13, 7:18*pm, "Spaceman"
wrote:
oriel36 wrote:
On Sep 12, 8:29 am, "Spaceman"
wrote:
oriel36 wrote:
On Sep 12, 7:52 am, "Spaceman"
wrote:
oriel36 wrote:
[...]

Do you not find the specific way the Earth orbits the central Sun to
be fascinating ?,I mean,this is brand new and has never been discussed
before.If you look at the time lapse footage of Uranus you would
imagine that the rotational orientation (tilt) is pointing at
different points in space but is in fact constant pointing to the same
direction,just as the Earth is so the change is due to the way the
planet orbits the Sun -

http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/arc...999/11/video/b

This is a rare type of modification James (Kepler's orbital
modification being another),this bypasses the mutations of Flamsteed/
Newton in the late 17th century and goes straight to the original
explanation of Copernicus himself -

"To this circle, which goes through the middle of the signs, and to
its plane, the equator and the earth's axis must be understood to have
a variable inclination. For if they stayed at a constant angle, and
were affected exclusively by the motion of the centre, no inequality
of days and nights would be observed. On the contrary,it day or the
day of equal daylight and darkness, or summer or winter, or whatever
the character of the season, it would remain identical and
unchanged." Copernicus

The new modification for the explanation of seasonal daylight/darkness
variations does not rely on variable axial/equatorial tilt but
introduces an orbital component by focusing on how the specific way
the Earth orbits the central Sun just like Uranus,the difference being
that modern imaging is so powerful along with time lapse footage that
it is a 100% observational and geometric certainty.It was the need to
explain why the natural noon cycles vary globally by the same amount
that required an explanation and that is where Newton/Flamsteed come
in.

I am not doing this to prove Newton wrong,I am doing this because
there is a new way to explain the seasons and even if I can go through
the whole tangled mess created in the late 17th century with ease,the
point is to get people looking at something spectacular for a change.