Maybe you sci.astro.amateur and sci.astro readers can explain this

Old June 30th 04, 11:21 PM
Davoud

Default Maybe you sci.astro.amateur and sci.astro readers can explain this

Common Man:
Note to the readers of sci.astro.amateur and sci.astro:

Pearl is a regular in the alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian newsgroup and
claims that the earth could be hollow...

You fool! By cross posting to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian, you have
told those nutsos that sci.astro.amateur exists. Now we're going to
have the "moon is a cabbage" crowd on this group.

Davoud
Member, PETA -- People for the Eating of Tasty Animals.

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
Old June 30th 04, 11:38 PM
Brian Tung

Davoud wrote:
Davoud
Member, PETA -- People for the Eating of Tasty Animals.

Heh. I've seen that PETA folks get *mighty* upset when you use that
particular expansion of their acronym.

Brian Tung
My Own Personal FAQ (SAA) at http://astro.isi.edu/reference/faq.txt

Old July 1st 04, 12:55 AM
Davoud

Davoud:
Davoud
Member, PETA -- People for the Eating of Tasty Animals.

Brian Tung:
Heh. I've seen that PETA folks get *mighty* upset when you use that
particular expansion of their acronym.

May I humbly paraphrase the Vice President of the United States? PETA
can go **** themselves if they can't take a joke. They kill millions of
animals every time they cook a pot of vegetables!

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com

Old July 2nd 04, 04:35 AM
Wally Anglesea

"Common Man" wrote in message
news.com...
On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 18:21:13 -0400, Davoud wrote:

Common Man:
Note to the readers of sci.astro.amateur and sci.astro:

Pearl is a regular in the alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian newsgroup and
claims that the earth could be hollow...

You fool! By cross posting to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian, you have
told those nutsos that sci.astro.amateur exists. Now we're going to
have the "moon is a cabbage" crowd on this group.

Oops! You're probably right. If one of them can believe that the
earth is hollow then it wouldn't be surprising if another might
believe the moon is made of cabbage.

My own opinion is that the target isn't the loons, it's the ones on the
borderline that can actually think.
Presenting them with material that exposes the big lies the credophiles
adopt is worth the effort.
As Phil Plait often says, "Once you expose the big lie, you don't need to
address the nitpicking"

I've head that they've only recently rejected the "moon is made of
cheese theory" not because of scientific evidence to the contrary, but
because they are against dairy products. ;-)

Davoud
Member, PETA -- People for the Eating of Tasty Animals.

Personally, I love a good steak and eggs meal before a night of
observing myself.

I'm a firm believer that grasses and vegetables are beneficial and
important. After all, they provide us with
life giving oxygen, and they don't emit greenhouse gasses like cows do, so
the more cows we eat, the more grass
we save.