[fitsbits] moving headers.

Old September 17th 08, 07:26 PM posted to sci.astro.fits
William Pence[_2_]

Default [fitsbits] moving headers.

Douglas S. Brenner wrote:
Hope I'm in the right place.

I have a fits file with the desired header in the first HDU test.fits[0]
and the data in the second test.fits[1]. I need to combine it into one
file that works in ds9. How do I do this?

Many software analysis packages provide tools to copy keywords from one
file to another or extract a single HDU out of a multi-hdu file.

One standalone tool that could help with this is fv
(http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/software/ftools/fv/). It could be
used to manually cut and paste each keyword from the primary HDU to the
second HDU.

Bill Pence
Dr. William Pence
NASA/GSFC Code 662 HEASARC +1-301-286-4599 (voice)
Greenbelt MD 20771 +1-301-286-1684 (fax)