Iranian-American space tourist to fly NEXT MONTH

Old August 26th 06, 07:51 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.policy
Frank Glover[_1_]

Default Iranian-American space tourist to fly NEXT MONTH

Greg D. Moore (Strider) wrote:

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 03:38:09 -0400, in a place far, far away, John Doe
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a way as
to indicate that:

Jim Oberg wrote:

Ansari was the backup 'space tourist', and the prime guy (Enomoto)
was just medically disqualified. She can speak to people in Iran
with a 'voice from heaven' that the mullahs can't block -- what can she

say?

What does "Iranian-American" mean ?

It means she was born in Iran, but has become a naturalized US
citizen.

Ah, that must explain all those African-Americans then.

Which is exactly why I didn't get into how recently-decended you
have to be...

--

Frank

You know what to remove to reply...

Check out my web page: http://www.geocities.com/stardolphin1/link2.htm

"Man who say it cannot be done, should not interrupt man doing it."
- Chinese Proverb
Old August 26th 06, 07:53 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.policy
Frank Glover[_1_]

Anthony Frost wrote:

In message . net
"Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)" wrote:

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 03:38:09 -0400, in a place far, far away, John Doe
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a way as
to indicate that:

What does "Iranian-American" mean ?

It means she was born in Iran, but has become a naturalized US
citizen.

Ah, that must explain all those African-Americans then.

Like Charlize Theron you mean?

Anthony

Or Mariah Carey (who has an Irish grandmother)...

Old August 29th 06, 04:20 AM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.policy
pete[_1_]

In sci.space.policy, on Sat, 26 Aug 2006 17:56:52 GMT,
Christopher P. Winter sez:

` On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 15:31:12 GMT, "Jim Oberg"
` wrote:

` Ansari was the backup 'space tourist', and the prime guy (Enomoto)
` was just medically disqualified. She can speak to people in Iran
` with a 'voice from heaven' that the mullahs can't block -- what can she say?
`
` http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060821/...dc_1&printer=1
`

` This is an unfortunate translation:

` http://www.space.com/missionlaunches...i_tourist.html

` "Zvezda has manufactured seats, suits and other personal equipment
` for every single of Soviet cosmonauts, including Yuri Gagarin and
` Valentina Tereshkova who was the first woman to fly to space. Ansari
` as any other female member of a Soyuz-TMA crew requires a different
` bowl for disembowelment, Pozdnyakov. "This equipment is fit for
` answering both kinds of calls of the nature," Pozdnyakov told
` Space.com in an interview on Thursday."

Clever foreigners, learned in exotic martial arts, are capable
of disembowelling the unwary with a chamber pot.

Pete Vincent
Disclaimer: all I know I learned from reading Usenet.
Old September 3rd 06, 02:38 AM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall

"Eric Chomko" wrote:

:
:Glen Overby wrote:
: Rusty wrote:
: Wouldn't Ansari be the fifth ride that Russia has sold to space (unless
: they have sold others)?
:
: Don't forget the two congressmen that NASA sent up on the shuttle.
:
:
idn't they put those guys to work? They should have!
:I bet John Glenn worked...

Pukin' Jake was a medical experiment. :-)

--
"We come into the world and take our chances.
Fate is just the weight of circumstances.

NOMINATION: digest, volume 2453397 Ross Astronomy Misc 233 October 23rd 05 04:24 AM
CEV PDQ Scott Lowther Policy 577 May 27th 05 10:11 PM
National Space Policy: NSDD-42 (issued on July 4th, 1982) Stuf4 Policy 145 July 28th 04 07:30 AM
Clueless pundits (was High-flight rate Medium vs. New Heavy lift launchers) Rand Simberg Space Science Misc 18 February 14th 04 04:28 AM
New Space Race? Eugene Kent Misc 9 November 13th 03 02:42 PM