Charles E. Brady, Jr. (1951-2006), STS-78

Old August 6th 06, 03:04 PM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_1_]

Default Charles E. Brady, Jr. (1951-2006), STS-78

On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 04:28:05 GMT, (Henry Spencer)
wrote:

Try again. 2nd John has one chapter and a total of 13 verses.

....And Saint Henry should know, seeing as how he was around back then
:-)

OM
--
]=====================================[
] OMBlog -
Old August 9th 06, 12:43 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Gene DiGennaro wrote:

What happens when your family Dr. ( who regularly prescribes pain
medications ) is also a member of your church?

If you're Catholic it's time to gossip about Father O'Malley's drinking
problem.
If you're Lutheran, it's time to exchange some Olie and Lena jokes.
If you're Baptist it's time to decide whether Benedict the XVI is the
Antichrist.
If you're Southern Baptist, it's time to sing. Preferably soul music.
If you're a Pentecostalist, it's time to stop speaking ancient
Babylonian with the thermometer in your mouth.
If you're a Christian Scientist, it's time to catch up on your reading.
If you're Mormon, it's time to admit to that cup of coffee you drank
yesterday.
If your Jewish, it's time to start discussing the situation in Lebanon,
and what Ariel Sharon would have done. :-)

Pat
Old August 26th 06, 02:49 AM posted to sci.space.history
Scott Hedrick

"Derek Lyons" wrote in message
In the cases of illnesses like arthritis (which
Charles Brady suffered from) and certain cancers - you can dull the
pain, but you cannot restore ease of movement or organ functionality.

WHen my doctor diagnosed arthritis, he gave me a list of things that could
be done to improve it, including a lot of surgery, and ended with "...and
then you can live with it, or, you can skip all of that and just live with
it. It will hurt the same, but you won't be on crutches while healing."

I'm sure many doctors aren't likely to prescribe the pain medications many
of their patients need for fear of the US government looking into their
"over prescribing" controlled substances.

Having known several people in severe pain - and having a routinely
renewed pain medication prescription myself... You're talking out
your ass.

Actually, a doctor in New Mexico was prosecuted for that very thing and lost
her license, in spite of *every single patient* testifying in her favor,
*and* those same patients not showing any sign of addiction. The powers that
be simply looked at the numbers and declared them too high.

I think there are far too many medication prescribed, including for pain,
when training could be used. I've learned how to mitigate my own pain.
Still, it's an individual thing and it's impossible for some formula to
apply to everyone.