global warming hoax

Old November 23rd 09, 07:13 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
David Staup

Default global warming hoax

Notice how quiet this thread has become since this info has been getting
airtime and exposure even on the state run media and is being discussed by
congress... my oh my

seems now that the info was sent by a whistle blower...shows that honest
scientists are comming out of the closet...will be interesting....

do you know what the word DUPE means?

chuckle

"David Staup" wrote in message
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ibd/20091120...091120issues01

as has been clear to a casual HONEST observer global warming is junk
science and fraud perpetuated by certain people for thier own profit and
advocated by others who know nothing of the truth and human nature.

what say you now?

Old November 23rd 09, 07:19 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 13:13:17 -0600, "David Staup"
wrote:

Notice how quiet this thread has become since this info has been getting
airtime and exposure even on the state run media and is being discussed by
congress... my oh my

It's quite because there's really nothing you can say to the grossly
ignorant people whose ideologies prevent them from accepting scientific
evidence, even when it is so overwhelming (as in the case of AGW) to
reasonably be called "fact".

It's also quiet because while many of us can have fun for a while
arguing the obvious with idiots, it gets old pretty quickly.

You're talking about politics and public policy. Nothing has changed
with the science, of course, except it gets better and more certain
every day.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com
Old November 23rd 09, 07:20 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Nov 23, 1:47*am, Sam Wormley wrote:
* *http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/astr...es/Seasons.mov

illustrating the tilt of the Earth's equatorial plane relative to the Sun which is
responsible for the seasons. The dates of maximum tilt of the Earth's equator correspond
to the summer solstice and winter solstice, and the dates of zero tilt to the vernal
equinox and autumnal equinox".

The technical details of the distortions Newton introduced in order to
link terrestrial ballistics directly with planetary orbital dynamics
represent the ground zero for the choices many scientists eagerly give
themselves in drawing reckless and worthless conclusions or
rather,speculation with facts hammered towards suiting the
conclusion,' climate change' being a barely disguised attempted to
make pollution concerns more appealing to the wider population.The
truth is that the reckless conclusion which attempts to turn carbon
dioxide into a global temperature dial is actually working against
reducing pollution and in ways that few anticipate.A society which
goes out of its way to ignore basic planetary facts and the reasoning
behind them is already in deep trouble,the normal innovations which
arise from the clarity of thinking are being dissolved in intellectual
holocaust conditions.That brief excerpt for the seasonal explanation
you posted invites derision and question begging,no sane person with
the least familiarity with astronomy would sanction it but it does
expose the endless choices which have brought astronomy and the
history of human achievements into disrepute.

Unlike many here,I have taken the balanced approach towards climate in
separating human pollution as a genuine concern that is now being
undermined by the people who thought they were being clever in turning
into a 'climate change' issue.I have done this by accentuating the
exciting possibilities which open up through modern imaging in
changing things which really matter to people of the planet,climate
and geology being among the major areas which benefit from a more
accurate understanding of planetary dynamics.

Old November 24th 09, 04:08 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
yourmommycalled

On Nov 22, 12:03*am, spud wrote:
Sam:

I have a great deal of respect for you and your method of discussion.
I have read each of these when you posted them in an earlier
discussion. *I do not disregard the assurtions. * *

I am not saying AGW *is not true, but neither am I a BELIEVER. I
viciously object to scientists prostituting themselves and there staff
for muliti-million dollar grants and promise of hitchiking fame on the
coattails on the likeness of the high priest AlGore. *

The money granted to gov't agencies, universities and think-tanks to
apparently promote an AGW is billions. *There is a vested interest in
this agenda!

Here's an example. *Several years ago I read NASA press releases that
indicated measured warming on Neptune, Uranus, Mars and even Pluto.
Most long term readers of saa remember this. * I simply cannot find
them online anywhere, any-search anyway anymore. *They have evaporated
into the ether. *Why is that?

Additionally I have had many enviro' truly friends in my professional
lifetime. *I have had fine professional people to my home for dinner,
wine and converstaion. *Many have flatfooted, eye to eye lied to me
about research, about models, about conclusions, about objecives. *

Enviromentalism is a multibillion dollar international industry. *It
is no different than Phillip Morris. Yes, I mean it. * They will do
what they have to to keep the money flowing and chicken little crisis
is the easiest way to generate millions. *It's all about the money. *

I remain skeptical, like my science profs taught me to be.

Steve
Oregon

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 05:33:18 GMT, Sam Wormley
wrote:

spud wrote:
On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 21:45:57 -0700, Chris L Peterson
wrote:

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 19:58:30 -0800, spud wrote:

No warming for the next 10 years:
I expect you'll be proven quite wrong. The evidence to the contrary is
pretty overwhelming.

Arguing with those who don't believe we are currently experiencing a
long term global warming trend, largely human produced, is like arguing
with Oriel. Pointless, because they selectively filter the evidence to
support their ideology.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com

Oh briillant one...

So you willingly disregard the same gov't *priests that are paid to
promote global warming if they don't write what you believe. *That's
damn convenient. *No requirement to be objective if you are a true
believer, eh?

But I'm not a CalTech alum and indoctrinated in uh, the believers
group think scientific methods. *You know, fitting data to comply with
the agenda (er, uh theory?), and actually conspiring to stifle
opposing models. *
http://features.csmonitor.com/enviro...cked-climate-e....

So it's time to tell me I'm uneducated, unread, unshaven, my intellect
can't possibly compare with your's and I spelled something wrong. *

You know, your usual cowardly retort.

Steve
Oregon

* Hey Steve, You'll just love these!
* See:http://www.hfranzen.org/Global_Warming.pdf

Recent changes in a remote Arctic lake are unique within the past 200,000 years
*http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2009/10/16/0907094106

Yarrow Axforda,1, Jason P. Brinerb, Colin A. Cookec, Donna R. Francisd, Neal Micheluttie,
Gifford H. Millera,f, John P. Smole, Elizabeth K. Thomasb, Cheryl R. Wilsone and Alexander
P. Wolfec

Abstract

The Arctic is currently undergoing dramatic environmental transformations, but it remains
largely unknown how these changes compare with long-term natural variability. Here we
present a lake sediment sequence from the Canadian Arctic that records warm periods of the
past 200,000 years, including the 20th century. This record provides a perspective on
recent changes in the Arctic and predates by approximately 80,000 years the oldest
stratigraphically intact ice core recovered from the Greenland Ice Sheet.. The early
Holocene and the warmest part of the Last Interglacial (Marine Isotope Stage or MIS 5e)
were the only periods of the past 200,000 years with summer temperatures comparable to or
exceeding today's at this site. Paleoecological and geochemical data indicate that the
past three interglacial periods were characterized by similar trajectories in temperature,
lake biology, and lakewater pH, all of which tracked orbitally-driven solar insolation. In
recent decades, however, the study site has deviated from this recurring natural pattern
and has entered an environmental regime that is unique within the past 200 millennia.

Arctic Sediments Show That 20th Century Warming Is Unlike Natural Variation
*http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1023163513.htm

"There are periods of time reflected in this sediment core that demonstrate that the
climate was as warm as today," said Briner, "but that was due to natural causes, having to
do with well-understood patterns of the Earth's orbit around the sun. The whole ecosystem
has now shifted and the ecosystem we see during just the last few decades is different
from those seen during any of the past warm intervals."

APS rejects plea to alter stance on climate change
*http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/40916

The American Physical Society (APS) has "overwhelmingly rejected" a proposal from a group
of 160 physicists to alter its official position on climate change. The physicists, who
include the Nobel laureate Ivar Giaver, wanted the APS to modify its stance to reflect
their own doubts about the human contribution to global warming. The APS turned down the
request on the recommendations of a six-person committee chaired by atomic physicist
Daniel Kleppner from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

The committee was set up by APS president Cherry Murray in July, when the society received
the proposal for changing its statement, which had originally been drawn up in November
2007. It has spent the last four months carrying out what the APS calls "a serious review
of existing compilations of scientific research" and took soundings from its members. "We
recommended not accepting the proposal," Kleppner told physicsworld.com. "The [APS]
council almost unanimously decided to go with that."

Different positions

The official APS position on climate change says that "emissions of greenhouse gases from
human activities are changing the atmosphere in ways that affect the Earth's climate" and
adds that there is "incontrovertible" evidence that global warming is occurring. The APS
also wants reductions in greenhouse-gas emissions to start immediately. "If no mitigating
actions are taken," it says, "significant disruptions in the Earth's physical and
ecological systems, social systems, security and human health are likely to occur."

More, see:http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/40916

Why don't you try reading the whole NASA article rather than the Rush
Limbaugh summary. The "global warming" occurring on Neptune, Uranus
and Pluto is the same kind of "global warming" the earth's northern
hemisphere experiences every March. I really don't care whether you
are "uneducated, unread, unshaven, my intellect can't possibly compare
with your's and I spelled something wrong." What I do care about is
that you deliberately, with malice of forethought, LIED, to make
yourself feel important and that you are willing to libel a whole
group of people, just to make yourself feel better.
Old November 24th 09, 04:15 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
yourmommycalled

On Nov 22, 12:55*am, spud wrote:
On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 01:21:55 -0500, "Dennis Woos"
wrote:

So how come the cabal publishes data that doesn't neatly fit the agenda? In
fact, the very data you cite here is produced by those you claim are
untrustworthy! I am not claiming that science as it is practiced is totally
pure, but dishonesty on the level you seem to accept as fact is, I think,
for most folks simply incredible. Your statement that "It's all about the
money." is not in the same ball park as your "I remain skeptical", and you
are kidding yourself if you think that your hypothesis isn't right up there
with the UFO stuff.

Dennis

Well, read the articles yourself Dennis, find THIER own explanation to
the inconsistencies. *Are the explaiantions science based or need for
funding?

It's reminds me of the stories we know of Tycho Brahe. *Damn the data!

Steve
Oregon

Steve from Oregon still hasn't learned the difference between a very
large group (several thousand) of scientists collectively getting a
few billion dollars per year and a single oil company exec who single
handedly gets a few billion dollars per year or the tobacco exec who
single handedly gets a few billion dollars per year in salary. Most
scientists would overjoyed to get a five year research contract for
what an oil company exec is paid in one hour. More bull**** from
somebody who jealous that someone else is getting paid to work while
they sit around a complain.
Old November 24th 09, 06:06 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
spud

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 20:08:32 -0800 (PST), yourmommycalled
wrote:

Why don't you try reading the whole NASA article rather than the Rush
Limbaugh summary. The "global warming" occurring on Neptune, Uranus
and Pluto is the same kind of "global warming" the earth's northern
hemisphere experiences every March. I really don't care whether you
are "uneducated, unread, unshaven, my intellect can't possibly compare
with your's and I spelled something wrong." What I do care about is
that you deliberately, with malice of forethought, LIED, to make
yourself feel important and that you are willing to libel a whole
group of people, just to make yourself feel better.

Your postings are just pointless nasty spew. Did you run out of
Lithium?

Steve
Oregon
Old November 24th 09, 02:04 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Nov 23, 11:06*pm, spud wrote:

Your postings are just pointless nasty spew. *Did you run out of
Lithium?

That would be lithium carbonate, but your comment is not accurate. The
postings he *replies* to are the ones that are pointless nonsense.

John Savard
Old November 24th 09, 03:40 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
yourmommycalled

wrote:

Why don't you try reading the whole NASA article rather than the Rush
Limbaugh summary. The "global warming" occurring on Neptune, Uranus
and Pluto is the same kind of "global warming" the earth's northern
hemisphere experiences every March. I really don't care whether you
are "uneducated, unread, unshaven, my intellect can't possibly compare
with your's and I spelled something wrong." What I do care about is
that you deliberately, with malice of forethought, LIED, to make
yourself feel important and that you are willing to libel a whole
group of people, just to make yourself feel better.

Your postings are just pointless nasty spew. *Did you run out of
Lithium?

Steve
Oregon

Really? Let's try this again. YOU claimed on Nov 22 at 12:02 am that

"Here's an example. Several years ago I read NASA press releases that
indicated measured warming on Neptune, Uranus, Mars and even Pluto. "

Let's see if there is any truth to your statement

First Uranus isn't warming it is cooling: Read "Uranus after Solstice:
Results from the 1998 November 6 Occultation" Young et. al. doi:
10.1006/icar.2001.6698, There are no NASA references to Uranus
cooling.

Next all the references on NASA's website point out that the "global
warming" on the other planets in the solar system is due to well
understood season changes. Quoting

http://science.nasa.gov/current/event/mit.htm

"The moon is approaching an extreme southern summer, a season that
occurs every few hundred years. During this special time, the moon's
southern hemisphere receives more direct sunlight. The equivalent on
Earth would be having the sun directly overhead at noon north of Lake
Superior during a northern summer. "

Changes in Plutos's temperature are again seasonal changes as can be
found in any astronomy textbook. You

So let's see so far we have NASA references to cooling on one of your
supposedly warming planets (Uranus). NASA references to normal
seasonal changes on another of your cases (Neptune). Astronomy
textbooks explaining changes in distances from the sun for a third
case (Pluto) and finally for Mars a 30 year old paper using a snapshot
of the Mars's surface*from Voyager data, which has been shown to be
wrong via Mars Global Suryeor data.

These references are hidden a simple google search found them in a
fraction of a second.

Let's try something else let's try to find web references to all the
planets experiencing global warming. We quickly find places like
Investors Business Daily, WorldNetDaily, Heartland Institute the Cato
Instutute and the Marshall Institute. Then there is Benny Peiser who
seems to think NASA nuked Jupter

It seems that you prefer conspiracy theories to hard facts. I suggest
talking to your physician and have him adjust your meds to you aren't
so prone to thinking that the black helicopters are beaming mind
control rays to the population. You might be able to pick out that the
real mind control is coming from the likes of Rush, Glenn, Ann,
Jennifer, and Bill'O
Old November 24th 09, 03:55 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
David Staup

Default global warming hoax? history shows a different story

"David Staup" wrote in message
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ibd/20091120...091120issues01

as has been clear to a casual HONEST observer global warming is junk
science and fraud perpetuated by certain people for thier own profit and
advocated by others who know nothing of the truth and human nature.

what say you now?

Some FACTS for global warming sheep to mull over:

Earth's climate and atmosphere have varied greatly over geologic time. Our
planet has mostly been much hotter and more humid than we know it to be
today, and with far more carbon dioxide (the greenhouse gas) in the
atmosphere than exists today. The notable exception is 300,000,000 years ago
during the late Carboniferous Period, which resembles our own climate and
atmosphere like no other.

There has historically been much more CO2 in our atmosphere than exists
today. For example, during the Jurassic Period (200 mya), average CO2
concentrations were about 1800 ppm or about 4.7 times higher than today. The
highest concentrations of CO2 during all of the Paleozoic Era occurred
during the Cambrian Period, nearly 7000 ppm -- about 18 times higher than
today.
The Carboniferous Period and the Ordovician Period were the only geological
periods during the Paleozoic Era when global temperatures were as low as
they are today. To the consternation of global warming proponents, the Late
Ordovician Period was also an Ice Age while at the same time CO2
concentrations then were nearly 12 times higher than today-- 4400 ppm.
According to greenhouse theory, Earth should have been exceedingly hot.
Instead, global temperatures were no warmer than today. Clearly, other
factors besides atmospheric carbon influence earth temperatures and global
warming.

full text he

http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/Ca...s_climate.html

The fact is that the greenhouse effect is but a small part of the global
climate story.

the fact is that Life has always played a part in the complex set of
functions that describe global climate mechanism.

The fact is that the belief that humans can do much to stop a mostly natural
process is hubris at its worst.

I for one am happy to see the earth return to its most common state (warmer
and wetter) as I hate cold weather...

Old November 24th 09, 04:13 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 09:55:47 -0600, "David Staup"
wrote:

material irrelevant to current short term climate theory snipped

Oops... nothing left to comment on.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com