Art Bell Is Back!

Old September 23rd 03, 04:04 AM
Pete Ritter

Default Art Bell Is Back!

Joe S. wrote:

Art Bell is a threat only to good sense -- but, all in all, he's a
harmless buffoon.

I don't agree that he's harmless. He's got thousands (millions?) believing
in "remote viewing", "shadow people", faces on Mars, etc. He contributes
to the scientific illiteracy of the nation. Buffoon, yes but not harmless
in my opinion.

--
# I prefer GNU/Linux to Windows because
# I prefer self-empowerment to slavery.
Old September 23rd 03, 04:38 AM
LarryG

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 03:04:53 GMT, Pete Ritter wrote:

Joe S. wrote:

Art Bell is a threat only to good sense -- but, all in all, he's a
harmless buffoon.

I don't agree that he's harmless. He's got thousands (millions?)
believing in "remote viewing", "shadow people", faces on Mars, etc. He
contributes to the scientific illiteracy of the nation. Buffoon, yes but
not harmless in my opinion.

Can he be any more threatening that a President who invades nations
under false / fabricated pretenses?

As for scientific illiteracy, recall that a recent President
declared "evolution is just a theory!"

Besides, I have it on good authority that the *new* Art Bell
is nothing more than an easily manipulated imposter cloned by little grey
aliens under contract with the CIA. Coincidentally
the bill for the job came out to a little less that $86Billion!

Ahem, clear skies ... keep looking up ... the truth is out there
somewhe . . . [accccccck] . . . [thud].

Old September 23rd 03, 04:59 AM

Rudolph_X wrote in message .. .
Hi there!

The late night radio talk show king, Art Bell, is returning to host the
weekend editions of Coast To Coast AM!

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

This is a great boon to all amateur astromoners who like staying up late
at night out with their telescopes looking up at the starry skies.

Now, on the weekends, if they take their portable radios with them they
will also be able to listen to Coast To Coast AM, with Art Bell, while
they are stargazing.

Also, C.Crane sells a nice 'wind-up' portable radio you can get so you
won't even need to keep fresh batteries. All you have to do is wind up
your C.Crane radio, set it to Coast To Coast AM, and you can listen to
Art Bell all night long as you gaze up at the stars. (The wind-up radio
also comes with a nifty little night light you can use to study your
star charts with.)

http://www.ccrane.com/

Good Luck, and Keep Looking Up!

How lovely!

The Freak King . . . back at the helm of his Stooge-O-Rama!

I can hardly wait to miss it.

Regards
Earthling

Old September 23rd 03, 04:59 AM
Chuck Taylor

The man believes that lighting farts can cause spontaneous human
combustion. Bell believes that nuclear testing could be the cause of
the 500 year old + El Nino cycles. Who else would superglue their
lips and then admit it on the air? Get real.

I'm not sure I'd listen to him and admit it on usenet!

;-)

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon?
Try the Lunar Observing Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lunar-observing/

Old September 23rd 03, 05:17 AM
David Nakamoto

Ah N U T S ! ! !

Just when I think it can't get any worse, Columbia disintegrating, JPL
laying off a ton of people, more unmanned space stuff being scaled back, and
now T H I S happens !

Time for the Big Vacation. :-)
Pinprick holes in a colorless sky
Let inspired figures of light pass by
The Mightly Light of ten thousand suns
Challenges infinity, and is soon gone

"Gimme a Break" wrote in message
Rudolph_X wrote in news:asqbb.10537$Uv2.2394
@nwrdny02.gnilink.net:

Old September 23rd 03, 05:19 AM
David Nakamoto

"Joe S." wrote in message
"Orion" wrote in message
You really need to work on your low self-esteem problem...
Clearly, Art Bell back on the radio is a threat to your reality...
Orion

Art Bell is a threat only to good sense -- but, all in all, he's a

harmless
buffoon.

"Harmless?" When you promote scientific illiteracy like he does, when we
need more people to think rationally if we're going to face the problems of
tomorrow, I don't call that "harmless."

Old September 23rd 03, 05:30 AM
Mac

Art Bell is Back!
************** ********
Why??????
---Mac
Old September 23rd 03, 05:57 AM
Alan W. Craft

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:59:20 -0700, "Chuck Taylor" ...reflected:

The man believes that lighting farts can cause spontaneous human
combustion. Bell believes that nuclear testing could be the cause of
the 500 year old + El Nino cycles. Who else would superglue their
lips and then admit it on the air? Get real.

I'm not sure I'd listen to him and admit it on usenet!

;-)

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon?
Try the Lunar Observing Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lunar-observing/

I have the perfect device for listening to him: one of the very last
brand-new Sony ICF-2010's in existence, and from when I dabbled
in shortwave several months ago. I've only turned it on two or three
times. Talk about flukes.

But my interest in shortwave was rather...short-lived, and now I'm stuck
with this highly-desirable and collectible Sony shortwave, which I plan
to keep in case the shortwave fever smacks me upside the head
again some day.

Alan
Old September 23rd 03, 06:02 AM
Etok

"Pete Ritter" wrote in message
news
Joe S. wrote:

Art Bell is a threat only to good sense -- but, all in all, he's a
harmless buffoon.

I don't agree that he's harmless. He's got thousands (millions?)

believing
in "remote viewing", "shadow people", faces on Mars, etc. He contributes
to the scientific illiteracy of the nation. Buffoon, yes but not harmless
in my opinion.

Pete--
More than half the people in the US believe that the devil is a real
entity that walks the earth trying to steal souls. So Art has a lot of
catching up to do. ;-)

Best,
Etok

The Worlds Uncensored News Source