What Not To Wear

Old July 23rd 03, 05:30 PM
Mike Flugennock

Default What Not To Wear

Now, I suppose some of the ladies here could make a case over Gene Kranz's
snazzy white vest and slightly loud tie which he wore while commanding MC
during a mission, but, still...give me a huge break:

http://spaceflightnow.com/shuttle/sts107/030722mmt/
....containing the image at
http://spaceflightnow.com/shuttle/st...t/lindaham.jpg
....which also seems to beg for the caption "(sigh), God, they're cute when
they're working!"

Yer internet pal, Mike Flugennock, who's a bit of a sucker for
a girl in an EMU.

--
"All over, people changing their roles,
along with their overcoats;
Old July 23rd 03, 07:23 PM
OM

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:30:18 -0400, (Mike
Flugennock) wrote:

Now, I suppose some of the ladies here could make a case over Gene Kranz's
snazzy white vest and slightly loud tie which he wore while commanding MC
during a mission, but, still...give me a huge break:

http://spaceflightnow.com/shuttle/sts107/030722mmt/
...containing the image at
http://spaceflightnow.com/shuttle/st...t/lindaham.jpg
...which also seems to beg for the caption "(sigh), God, they're cute when
they're working!"

....And no doubt Spaceflight Now chose that picture due to the nature
of the article. How better to additionally castigate Ham than showing
her as a dressed up Barbie doll.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old July 23rd 03, 09:16 PM
Roger Balettie

"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org
wrote:
...And no doubt Spaceflight Now chose that picture due to the nature
of the article. How better to additionally castigate Ham than showing
her as a dressed up Barbie doll.

Agreed.

I'm quite disappointed in both the picture of Linda chosen for that article
and the almost "witch hunt" tone taken. Bill Harwood is usually more
impartial than this.

Roger
--
Roger Balettie
former Flight Dynamics Officer

Old July 24th 03, 01:13 AM
Alan Erskine

"Mike Flugennock" wrote in message
news

Now, I suppose some of the ladies here could make a case over Gene Kranz's
snazzy white vest and slightly loud tie which he wore while commanding MC
during a mission, but, still...give me a huge break:

http://spaceflightnow.com/shuttle/sts107/030722mmt/
...containing the image at
http://spaceflightnow.com/shuttle/st...t/lindaham.jpg
...which also seems to beg for the caption "(sigh), God, they're cute when
they're working!"

She looks like a bimbo, which I would say was the intention.
--
Alan Erskine
alanerskine(at)optusnet.com.au

Old August 14th 03, 02:56 AM
Spiteful

Homer J. Fong wrote:

Better yet, save the bitch slap for Ms. Ham.

I hope she wakes up screaming every night for the rest of her
life haunted by the words "I couldn't remember who made the
request, so I didn't follow up on it."...and by the faces of the
7 lives that were wiped out due to her inaction.

Ham didn't exactly cover herself with glory but don't you think that
"7 lives that were wiped out due to her inaction" is overstating
things a bit?

Jim Davis