Why do CEV?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 30th 05, 01:50 PM
livecam

Default Why do CEV?

Why are we about to spend years and untold billions developing CEV when a
superior vehicle is closer to reality? Kliper can fulfill all of our
requirements in leo and to the moon and beyond sooner and for a fraction of
what it will cost to make the CEV happen. Why not join Russia and Europe in
developing and manufacturing Kliper which could become a defacto world
standard piloted space vehicle? An enlarged Apollo type capsule boosted by
castoff shuttle components is not the right answer for manned U.S.
spaceflight. Kliper is faster, better, and cheaper than anything NASA has
proposed. Common sense says that we forget the pork and do what works best.