CEV to be made commercially available

Old December 12th 05, 07:35 PM posted to sci.space.history

Default CEV to be made commercially available

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 04:00:34 -0800, Dale wrote:

But I was watching TV live when it was interrupted by the JFK assassination ,
the MLK assassination, the RFK assassination- as well as the moon landings.

....I was too young for JFK, but I do remember the Beat the Meatles on
Ed Sullivan in '64. Didn't see what the big deal was then, either. I
also remember quite vividly the RFK victory speech at the Ambassador
Hotel, and the subsequent chaos that ensued. It was one of the few
times I'd watched ABC news for coverage of an event, preferring back
then either Uncle Walter or Chet & David over the likes of Howard K.
Smith. However, that night my TV - yeah, I had my own B&W TV back then
at age 7 - had some cable problems, and the only station that came in
good out of the 11 we had was the San Antonio ABC affiliate. I stayed
up *way* late to watch how that came out, and by the time I woke up
the next day it was pretty much all over but the last rites.

A bit odd, too- I've watched "Monday Night Football" probably three times. One
of those times was the night of December 8th, 1980.

Just not enough Space-Beatles tie-ins here, I think

....Actually, I was shooting skip on my CB Radio that night, and
basically causing TVI for the neighbors along with my best friend when
the news came over. We both went down to one of the local radio
stations, where we spent most of the night consoling this one DJ &
News Anchor friend who was arguably the most respected Beatles expert
in town over the loss. He still has those AP wire twixes framed from
that night.

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old December 12th 05, 07:47 PM posted to sci.space.history

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:27:57 -0600, OM wrote
(in article ):

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:59:44 GMT, Scott Lowther
wrote:

Rand went into Scotts killfile; Pat came out.

...Boy, if that's not a patrimony suit confession, I'll eat Herb's
hat.

OM

Hey now! My hat's too nice to be nibbled on! A whole lotta Aussie
rabbits gave their fur to make that felt, I'll have you know.

--
Herb

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
~ RAH

Old December 12th 05, 08:09 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:32:50 -0600, Ami Silberman wrote
(in article ):

"Dave O'Neill" wrote in message
ups.com...

Rand Simberg wrote:

Poster after poster? I can count them on my fingers. This is a much
bigger newsgroup than that.

I count 10 including ignoring some of the stranger handles and "odd"
posters who hang around here.

Poem for Rand and CT

Sometimes, when I can't fall asleep at night, I wonder what it would be like
to stick Rand and CT
in a room together, and let them discuss an issue.
We could take bets on who would first object to calling it "Monday Night
Football", since
football is only soccer, and it is already Tuesday in Fiji
or should they let Japanese teams in the world series, and, by the way, we
should probably call them Nipponese, and
by the way, I know Sadaharu Oh
which should really be
Oh Sadaharu,
because the Japanese put last names first
or rather family names before given names

this room would be in zero-G, or more precisely
free fall.
And they could debate whether they were continuously circling the earth
in an orbit, or whether circling was the right word
for an ellipse
However, CT and Rand have, in my idle musings
have forgotten that free fall can also occur
in an elevator
which is falling
down
the
shaft.

Brilliant.

Old December 12th 05, 09:02 PM posted to sci.space.history

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 22:43:08 GMT, h (Rand
Simberg) wrote:

CT is a long-time denizen of my killfile.

....Well, if that's what you call your bedroom, to each his own.

OM
--
]=====================================[
] OMBlog -
Old December 12th 05, 10:32 PM posted to sci.space.history

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:27:57 -0600, in a place far, far away, OM
made the phosphor on my

wrote:

Rand went into Scotts killfile; Pat came out.

...Boy, if that's not a patrimony suit confession, I'll eat Herb's
hat.

I'm too disgusted to comment...
Old December 12th 05, 10:42 PM posted to sci.space.history

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:36:05 -0600, in a place far, far away, OM
made the phosphor on my

Rand went into Scotts killfile; Pat came out.

...Boy, if that's not a patrimony suit confession, I'll eat Herb's
hat.

I'm too disgusted to comment...

...Hey, you should have worn protection.

It was rape.