KÄ«lauea

Old May 12th 18, 08:35 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default KÄ«lauea

This part of the Earth's geology brings it closest to that of Venus as the volcano itself is far from crustal boundaries where most of the evolutionary geology occurs.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ii_hotspot.jpg

In terms of geology, the Earth and Venus are similar in terms of size and composition but one really important difference - the Earth has a maximum speed of 1037.5 mph/hr while Venus has residual rotation.

It is differential rotation or the uneven rotational gradient across latitudes which, in my opinion, create not only the dynamics behind plate tectonic on our home planet but also the spherical deviation between equatorial and polar diameters. Because the 26 mile spherical deviation is remarkable, more importantly it hints at the forces at play on the fractured surface crust.

Venus, on the other hand, has the greatest volcanic activity of any planet, no spherical deviation a due to a residual equatorial speed and therefore no real differential rotation across equatorial to polar latitudes.

Hawaii is our planet's Mon Olympus (Mars) -

https://www.space.com/20133-olympus-...n-of-mars.html

After the initial burst of interest in rotation and geology about a decade ago, it crashed in an undisciplined mess due to the fact that there was little substantive appreciation behind the astronomical aspects of the Earth's motions in academic circles.
Old May 13th 18, 07:37 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

There is a possibility that crustal motion and evolution is subject to several different forces with two major ones act as clues, in this case the 'Ring Of Fire' and the Mid Atlantic Ridge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seaflo...l.,_2008. jpg

The Mid Atlantic Ridge would indicate differential rotation of the fluid interior across latitudes whereas the Ring of Fire would indicate something like a lid on top of a boiling pot with seafloor polarity indicating these two features.
Old May 16th 18, 07:21 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Sunday, 13 May 2018 20:37:59 UTC+2, 13½ wrote:
indicating these two features.

I hear Korea is to become a ring of fire if John "Hipster" Bolton doesn't get his belated Peace Prizes ASAP.