copyright question (comet)

Old February 7th 06, 11:38 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default copyright question (comet)

Hi,

Have you seen this image in your collection of astronomical products ?
http://www.astrosurf.org/lombry/Docu...iel-comete.jpg
I would like to know who holds the copyright of this image..I am unable to
find the original author
Could come from a software or even a book.

Any clue welcome

Thanks
Thierry
http://www.astrosurf.org/lombry

--
Auteur de "Un siècle de Physique, 1- La Physique Quantique", AEGEUS, 2005

Old February 7th 06, 11:49 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

"Thierry" : - wrote in message ...
Hi,

Have you seen this image in your collection of astronomical products ?
http://www.astrosurf.org/lombry/Docu...iel-comete.jpg
I would like to know who holds the copyright of this image..I am unable to
find the original author
Could come from a software or even a book.

Any clue welcome

Thanks
Thierry
http://www.astrosurf.org/lombry

--

That is the cover of Terence Dickinson's "Nigh****ch". I'd imagine the
publisher, Firefly Books Ltd., holds the copyright.

Old February 8th 06, 01:40 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Thierry wrote:
Hi,

Have you seen this image in your collection of astronomical products ?
http://www.astrosurf.org/lombry/Docu...iel-comete.jpg
I would like to know who holds the copyright of this image..I am unable to
find the original author
Could come from a software or even a book.

Any clue welcome

Thanks
Thierry
http://www.astrosurf.org/lombry

The image appears here
http://astrosurf.com/lombry/Documents/ciel-comete.jpg
Old February 8th 06, 07:09 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

"johnschiap" wrote in message

"Thierry" : - wrote in message ...
Hi,

Have you seen this image in your collection of astronomical products ?
http://www.astrosurf.org/lombry/Docu...iel-comete.jpg
I would like to know who holds the copyright of this image..I am unable
to find the original author
Could come from a software or even a book.

Any clue welcome

Thanks
Thierry
http://www.astrosurf.org/lombry

--

That is the cover of Terence Dickinson's "Nigh****ch". I'd imagine the
publisher, Firefly Books Ltd., holds the copyright.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1552...01#reader-link

Thee book notes that most of the photography was by the author, and that the
cover image is of Comet Hale-Bopp and Terence Dickinson.

Old February 9th 06, 09:36 AM
nytecam[_1_] nytecam[_1_] is offline
Senior Member

Location: london-uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thierry
Hi,

Have you seen this image in your collection of astronomical products ?
http://www.astrosurf.org/lombry/Docu...iel-comete.jpg
I would like to know who holds the copyright of this image..I am unable to
find the original author
Could come from a software or even a book.

Any clue welcome

Thanks
Thierry
http://www.astrosurf.org/lombry

--
Auteur de "Un siècle de Physique, 1- La Physique Quantique", AEGEUS, 2005
Surely a montage - the scale is wrong!

Nytecam