Leaning tower of falcon 9

Old July 9th 16, 10:00 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.astro
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default Leaning tower of falcon 9

wrote:

wrote:

In sci.physics Fred J. McCall wrote:
wrote:

snip

What I said was that a manufacturer may impose in it's maintenance
procedures inspections/replacements at shorter intervals than the
FAA regulations. Note the use of the word "may". That means they
do not have to do that. This has nothing to do with FAA regulations.

So the FAA would be fine if a manufacturer came in and just said "We
don't need no steenking inspections"? Yeah, sure.

Yes, that is correct, meaning no special inspections beyond the minimum
required by the FAA for ALL airplanes, which is basically:

An annual inspection or if flown with other than required crew for hire
or flight instruction for hire 100 hour inspections in a plan that during
the course of 12 months covers all the items of an annual inspection.

snip

And just what do they inspect?

Basically everything that can wear, crack, corrode, or get out of
calibration, such as: compression in a piston engine, wear in cables
and pullys, hinges, altimeter accuracy, structural cracks or corrosion,
tires, deicing boots, door and hatch latches, etc.

The exactly what for modern aircraft is detailed in the manufacturers
maintenance manual which is a required item for certification in the
first place.

In other words, the engineers decide what needs to be inspected and
how frequently based on performance estimates.

Not quite.

The maintenance manual details what equipment the aircraft actually
has, e.g. retractable gear, deicing boots, hydraulic actuated control
surfaces, etc..

The manufacturer MAY require an inspection of some system on a more
stringent schedule than required by the FAA, but that is not generally
done as people generally do not wish to own high maintenance aircraft.

In other words, when it's 'new stuff' the manufacturer's engineers
make the call based on engineering performance estimates, which is
precisely what I said. Since they also don't want aircraft with a
reputation for falling out of the sky, they will mandate inspections
based on those performance estimates.

It is the engineers at the FAA that have decided that 100 hour progressive
inspections are what is required for commercial aircraft carrying
passengers.

Uh, isn't that backwards from what you said before? Oh, well...

Regardless, an inspection that requires the inspection of nothing
isn't much of an inspection and it's the manufacturer who specifies
what needs to be inspected when it's 'new' technology.

An individual item on an aircraft on a 100 hour inspection schedule
is not likely to be inspected more than once during a 12 month interval.

So now you're back to my original understanding and not talking about
how all the 100 hour inspections in a year wind up inspecting all the
stuff that would be inspected on an annual inspection.

So if someone builds something that is an advance on state of the art
FAA has no inspections ever? Or do they do stupid things like require
"inspect wing rivets every X hours of flight" and for the new airplane
the result is always "Yes, still hasn't grown any wing rivets".

See above; annual or 100 hours.

As to WHAT gets inspected, that is spelled out in the Part of 14 CFR
that covers the type of aircraft and how it is operated and is the
same for ALL aircraft of a specifice type, e.g. turbine transport,
and type of operation, e.g. carriage of passengers.

snip

So if I build a passenger airliner that uses a brand new type of
turbofan and totally different structural materials, I get the same
inspection?

I don't think so. One of the problems that Beech had with the
Starship was that the FAA couldn't pull their head out of their ass to
certify different construction.

That is part of the certification process, not on going inspections.

But you just said above that what requires ongoing inspection is part
of certification. Not only that, but you're 'correcting' what I said
to be, well, what I said.

The DOCUMENTATION of what requires ongoing inspection is part of
certification. That does not mean it will be inspected during certification.

Nobody said it would be. Is English one of your native languages?
What *I* said was that for 'new' technologies the manufacturer's
engineers will specify what needs to be inspected and how often based
on the engineering performance of those items. So far as I can tell,
that's exactly what you're saying in your 'disagreement' with me.

The same thing it does for all airplanes in the certification category,
which is based on the cumulative history of aircraft since 1926.

So you'll have the new airplane inspecting things that don't exist and
not looking at things that matter. Yeah, I believe *YOU* would do
that.

What part of "cumulative history" did you not understand? The FAA is
aware of things like piston engines and turbine engines and sets
the requirements accordingly.

snip

And which part of "people develop new **** so there is no 'cummulative
history'" did you not understand?

What part of certification and inspection are two different things
did you not understand?

What part of your own statement that "what gets inspected is part of
the certification package" is it that you're waffling on now?

What part of the DOCUMENTATION of what requires ongoing inspection is part of
certification is it you do not understand?

That means the maker has to write and submit a maintenance manual.

It does NOT mean the maker does any of it.

Which part of "the engineers determine what needs to be inspected and
how frequently based on engineering performance estimates" is it that
you're using other words to say?

And this method applies to all FAA regulations, including things like
how often must a commercial pilot of age 45 get a medical and what
medical conditions are significant to pilot performance.

I wasn't aware that pilots were built into the airplanes.

I never said they were, what I said was the method for determining
how often things are required to be done is based on history accumulated
since 1926.

snip

Which is great if you're flying aircraft designed and developed in
1926. And that's not what you said. The technology of 'pilots'
hasn't changed much since Ikarus. The technology of aircraft, on the
other hand...

Medical standards have changed a lot since flying began, e.g. the upper
level for uncontrolled blood pressure was changed just a few years ago.

But the thing being inspected has not. You really don't read English
very well, do you?

Well, yes things have changed alot in the past few decades.

Pilots haven't changed. Pay attention. We're talking about 'pilots'
here.

What the FAA expects for composite skin versus aluminum skin versus
linen skin are all different.

Composite skin is a relatively new thing.

ADS-B equipment is a very new thing.

But there are no pilots with aluminum skin, composite skin, or any new
'equipment' that they haven't had since Adam. We're talking about
PILOTS at this point. I know it's hard for you, but try to keep up
with where YOU drag the discussion.

I'd say you never had to deal with 14 CFR.

Quite right, since you say engineering has nothing to do with it.

I never said that either, what I said was that things are determined
from accumulated history.

And you duck the question I've asked several times now, of just what
they do when there is no 'accumulated history'. I know what they do,
from having watched what happened with the Beech Starship. They
dither and try to avoid the question, just like you do here.

Again, you are talking about the certification process which has absolutely
nothing to do with the on going inspection process.

Well, it has "absolutely nothing to do with it" except that "The
exactly what [gets inspected] for modern aircraft is detailed in the
manufacturers maintenance manual which is a required item for
certification in the first place."

The GENERATION of the manufacturers maintenance manual is a required
item for certification. Actually performing all the steps in it is not.

Nobody said it was. Or that it wasn't.

As for what happens when new technology appears, consult part 15 of
14 CFR which details certification for transport aircraft.

Here is a SMALL part of it:

25.307 Proof of structure.

"(a) Compliance with the strength and deformation requirements of this
subpart must be shown for each critical loading condition. Structural
analysis may be used only if the structure conforms to that for which
experience has shown this method to be reliable. In other cases,
substantiating tests must be made to load levels that are sufficient to
verify structural behavior up to loads specified in 25.305."

Which means if you are using something that has lots of engineering
history such as aluminum, you use industry standard analysis techniques,
but if you are using some brand new composite material for which there
is little to no engineering history, you have to do real testing.

In other words, you wind up using numbers from engineering performance
estimates, which is what I've been saying and you've been arguing
against since day one.

If you think real hard about it instead of knee jerking, you might be
able to deduct what sort of people analyze all that accumulated history
and set standards based on the analysis.

It's a simple concept. If something is 'new' there is no 'accumulated
history'. So what the **** does the FAA do then, other than duck the
question?

There is the certification process, which again, has nothing to do with
the on going inspection process.

Well, it has "absolutely nothing to do with it" except that "The
exactly what [gets inspected] for modern aircraft is detailed in the
manufacturers maintenance manual which is a required item for
certification in the first place."

And one more time, the GENERATION of the manufacturers maintenance manual
is a required item for certification, but not the performance of it.

Do you understand the difference between generating a document and
performing the actions in a document?

Do you understand where the numbers in that document come from?

Getting something new, such as a never before used construction material,
means the certification process becomes extremely complex as the maker
has to prove, through extensive testing, that the material actually works.

Oh, the manufacturer may have to do far more than that.

See 25.307 14 CFR above.

The FAA may do things like require hundreds of hours of test flights,
i.e. accumulate history, before certifying the aircraft.

And they 'accumulate history' by inspecting what? Rumour has it that

\
And one more time, the GENERATION of the manufacturers maintenance manual
is a required item for certification, but not the performance of it.

Do you understand the difference between generating a document and
performing the actions in a document?

Do you understand where the numbers in that document come from?

territory."
--G. Behn
Old July 9th 16, 06:06 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.astro
[email protected]

wrote:

[...]

Very, very, very, rarely.

Makers try very hard to NOT require anything extra, whether it is "new
stuff" or "old stuff".

It is the engineers at the FAA that have decided that 100 hour progressive
inspections are what is required for commercial aircraft carrying
passengers.

Uh, isn't that backwards from what you said before? Oh, well...

Nope, I have NEVER said it was anyone other than the FAA that mandates
100 hour and annual inspections.

Regardless, an inspection that requires the inspection of nothing
isn't much of an inspection and it's the manufacturer who specifies
what needs to be inspected when it's 'new' technology.

Where do you get this "inspection of nothing"?

It is the manufacturer who specifies what needs to be inspected in that
the manufacturer, in the maintenane manual, LISTS the systems the aircraft
actually has, i.e. does it have mechanical control surfaces or hydraulic.

An individual item on an aircraft on a 100 hour inspection schedule
is not likely to be inspected more than once during a 12 month interval.

So now you're back to my original understanding and not talking about
how all the 100 hour inspections in a year wind up inspecting all the
stuff that would be inspected on an annual inspection.

I have said all along 100 hour inspections are PROGRESSIVE, which means
not ALL items are inspected every 100 hours but a subset of all the
items.

That means, for example, that the landing gear might be inspected during
the first 100 hour inspection within 12 calendar months and not inspected
again until the first 100 hour inspecton of the next 12 calendar months.

Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

[...]

Very, very, very, very rarely.

You are picking a fly speck out of a truck load of pepper.

And you are overlooking the point that ALL systems must be inspected.

[...]

What part of the FAA requires ALL systems to be inspected you do not
understand?

What part of the maker simply lists what systems an aircraft has you do
not understand?

What part of very, very, very rarely do makers impose inspections more
stringent than required by the FAA do you not understand?

[...]

Medical knowledge has changed. The medical standards for pilots is based
on MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE, i.e. the cumulative history of medicine.

What the FAA expects for composite skin versus aluminum skin versus
linen skin are all different.

Composite skin is a relatively new thing.

ADS-B equipment is a very new thing.

But there are no pilots with aluminum skin, composite skin, or any new
'equipment' that they haven't had since Adam. We're talking about
PILOTS at this point. I know it's hard for you, but try to keep up
with where YOU drag the discussion.

Why is it you can not understand that medical science is ALWAYS changing?

The medical requirements for pilots is based on the CURRENT cumulative
history of medical science.

The requirement for a 3rd class physical for private pilots is at this
time being eliminated as cumulative history shows it is not a requirement
for safety.

[...]

If, and only if you have sufficient cumulative history to justify it.

Otherwise, you have to use extensive testing data during certification.

That is what happens with "new stuff", extensive testing during cerification,
which has NOTHING to do with on going inspections after certification.

[...]

The numbers in a maintenance manual are numbers like how much oil goes
into the engine and the torgue on a replaced bolt. Nothing whatsoever to
do with what goes on in certification.

[...]

Do you understand the numbers in that document have NOTHING to do
with certification?

Do you understand that the maintenance manual, other than the fact that
it has to exist, has nothing to do with certification?

--
Jim Pennino
Old July 10th 16, 07:23 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.astro
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Makers try very hard to not have ****ing airplanes falling out of the
sky, so if engineering analysis says that something needs to be
checked, you can be pretty sure that the maintenance manual is going
to specify checking it.

It is the engineers at the FAA that have decided that 100 hour progressive
inspections are what is required for commercial aircraft carrying
passengers.

Uh, isn't that backwards from what you said before? Oh, well...

Nope, I have NEVER said it was anyone other than the FAA that mandates
100 hour and annual inspections.

But I could swear that before you had them allocated to the opposite
types of service. As I said, oh well...

And of course, you fixate on something I never said to disagree with.

Regardless, an inspection that requires the inspection of nothing
isn't much of an inspection and it's the manufacturer who specifies
what needs to be inspected when it's 'new' technology.

Where do you get this "inspection of nothing"?

It is the manufacturer who specifies what needs to be inspected in that
the manufacturer, in the maintenane manual, LISTS the systems the aircraft
actually has, i.e. does it have mechanical control surfaces or hydraulic.

And if the manufacturer doesn't specify anything to inspect, FAA
happily mandates inspecting nothing?

An individual item on an aircraft on a 100 hour inspection schedule
is not likely to be inspected more than once during a 12 month interval.

So now you're back to my original understanding and not talking about
how all the 100 hour inspections in a year wind up inspecting all the
stuff that would be inspected on an annual inspection.

I have said all along 100 hour inspections are PROGRESSIVE, which means
not ALL items are inspected every 100 hours but a subset of all the
items.

No you haven't. Perhaps the little voices in your head said that, but
it never made it out as electrons.

That means, for example, that the landing gear might be inspected during
the first 100 hour inspection within 12 calendar months and not inspected
again until the first 100 hour inspecton of the next 12 calendar months.

Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

It's not a problem with my understanding. It's a problem with your
apparent inability to say the same thing two days in a row.

[...]

Remember, this whole discussion originally started out as being about
A ROCKET. So, what we essentially have is that after all this
complaining YOU AGREE WITH WHAT I SAID IN THE FIRST PLACE and all this
"rarely pepper" is merely your attempt to save your massive ego now
that you realize it.

And you are overlooking the point that ALL systems must be inspected.

Even if the maintenance manual specifies "No Inspection"?

[...]

The part where you explain that the manufacturer specifies what gets
inspected in their maintenance manual, which they provide as part of
Certification.

What part of the maker simply lists what systems an aircraft has you do
not understand?

That would make for a mighty odd looking Maintenance Manual. And
you're changing your story again.

What part of very, very, very rarely do makers impose inspections more
stringent than required by the FAA do you not understand?

Which part of your own statement that what gets inspected and how
frequently is called out in the Maintenance Manual do you not
understand? I mean, it's your statement so you OUGHT to understand
it, but your statements seem to be formulated out of some particularly
runny Jello.

[...]

But the BLOODY PILOTS haven't changed. Turn your ego off and READ
WHAT IS WRITTEN.

What the FAA expects for composite skin versus aluminum skin versus
linen skin are all different.

Composite skin is a relatively new thing.

ADS-B equipment is a very new thing.

But there are no pilots with aluminum skin, composite skin, or any new
'equipment' that they haven't had since Adam. We're talking about
PILOTS at this point. I know it's hard for you, but try to keep up
with where YOU drag the discussion.

Why is it you can not understand that medical science is ALWAYS changing?

The medical requirements for pilots is based on the CURRENT cumulative
history of medical science.

The requirement for a 3rd class physical for private pilots is at this
time being eliminated as cumulative history shows it is not a requirement
for safety.

This is a different topic from "new technology". Pilots are the same
technology they've always been. Stop arguing about things that aren't
part of the discussion in order to fluff your ego.

[...]

And again the Mighty Chimp has lost the original thread. WE'RE
TALKING ABOUT A ****ING ROCKET, YOU BLOODY YAMMERHEAD.

[...]

But the numbers in a maintenance manual most certainly do call out how
frequently X needs to be inspected/maintained.

[...]

Do you understand that if the maintenance manual calls out 'do not
inspect' for a part that FAA doesn't require it to be inspected? Or
are you going to change your story yet again?

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine
Old July 10th 16, 08:41 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.astro
[email protected]

wrote:

Makers try very hard to not have ****ing airplanes falling out of the
sky, so if engineering analysis says that something needs to be
checked, you can be pretty sure that the maintenance manual is going
to specify checking it.

Makers have to prove the design meets the requirements of Part 25 14 CFR
during the certification process and the certification process has nothing
to do with on going maintenance other than the maintenance manual is a
part of the PAPERWORK requirements.

Do you not understand the difference between design verification and on
going maintenance?

snip

And if the manufacturer doesn't specify anything to inspect, FAA
happily mandates inspecting nothing?

Nope, the aircraft never gets through the certification process for lack
of a maintenance manual unless during the certification process the
maker has proved that all parts last forever, including the tires and
engine oil.

I have said all along 100 hour inspections are PROGRESSIVE, which means
not ALL items are inspected every 100 hours but a subset of all the
items.

No you haven't. Perhaps the little voices in your head said that, but
it never made it out as electrons.

Yes, I have, several times now.

That means, for example, that the landing gear might be inspected during
the first 100 hour inspection within 12 calendar months and not inspected
again until the first 100 hour inspecton of the next 12 calendar months.

Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

It's not a problem with my understanding. It's a problem with your
apparent inability to say the same thing two days in a row.

Try staying sober two days in a row and it might start making sense
to you.

snip

Remember, this whole discussion originally started out as being about
A ROCKET. So, what we essentially have is that after all this
complaining YOU AGREE WITH WHAT I SAID IN THE FIRST PLACE and all this
"rarely pepper" is merely your attempt to save your massive ego now
that you realize it.

Nope.

With have a curmudgeon determined to show the world he is an expert
on everythng who will argue with whatever I say even if it is a direct
quote from an authority.

And you are overlooking the point that ALL systems must be inspected.

Even if the maintenance manual specifies "No Inspection"?

Which, again, will only happen if during the certification process the
maker proves that everything has an unlimited life, including tires and
engine oil.

snip

What part of the FAA requires ALL systems to be inspected you do not
understand?

The part where you explain that the manufacturer specifies what gets
inspected in their maintenance manual, which they provide as part of
Certification.

I guess it is time to dumb it down even further.

The maintenance manual is part of the required paperwork for certification.

The maintenance manual describes the on going maintenance procedures for
the operation of the aircraft after certification.

It is about things like changing the oil, proper torque when working on
wheel assemblies, tire inflation, allowable wear in moving parts, lubriaction
specifications, etc.

It is the normal maintenace performed on a thing to keep it working as
originally designed.

What part of the maker simply lists what systems an aircraft has you do
not understand?

That would make for a mighty odd looking Maintenance Manual. And
you're changing your story again.

No, I am not.

Would you expect the maintenance manual to list other than the systems
a particular aircraft has?

I did not explicitly state, again, that it contains the details such as
what type of spark plug and internal combutsion engine uses, but if you
weren't arguing just for the sake of arguing you would understand that.

What part of very, very, very rarely do makers impose inspections more
stringent than required by the FAA do you not understand?

Which part of your own statement that what gets inspected and how
frequently is called out in the Maintenance Manual do you not
understand? I mean, it's your statement so you OUGHT to understand
it, but your statements seem to be formulated out of some particularly
runny Jello.

How frequently for an individual item is 12 months.

For a maker to specify something more stringent than the FAA requirement
is economic suicide.

snip

Medical knowledge has changed. The medical standards for pilots is based
on MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE, i.e. the cumulative history of medicine.

But the BLOODY PILOTS haven't changed. Turn your ego off and READ
WHAT IS WRITTEN.

Actually pilots have changed, The average pilot of today is taller and
heavier than those of a few decades ago.

But that isn't the point, the point is that medical standards for pilots
have changed because medical knowledge has changes.

[...]

Actually, it is not, as there is lots of new medical technology which
has a direct effect on medical standards.

And the point here is that ALL FAA standards and regulations are subject
to change as the applicable state of the art changes contrary to what
seems to be your point of view that the FAA is frozen in time.

snip

And again the Mighty Chimp has lost the original thread. WE'RE
TALKING ABOUT A ****ING ROCKET, YOU BLOODY YAMMERHEAD.

My original post that started you froothing was about certification of
aircraft and you have continued to talk about certification of aircraft.

Now that you are in a corner with your ignorance you are trying to negate
all of your curmudgeon posts and ignoring the fact I said many posts ago
to that other guy you are trying to browbeat that FAA certification of
aircraft has nothing to do with the rockets of SpaceX.

snip

The numbers in a maintenance manual are numbers like how much oil goes
into the engine and the torgue on a replaced bolt. Nothing whatsoever to
do with what goes on in certification.

But the numbers in a maintenance manual most certainly do call out how
frequently X needs to be inspected/maintained.

No, they do not normally.

Normally it is once every 12 months.

If the aircraft is expected to be in a high usage environment racking up
many thousands of hours per year, SOME things MAY have an hour limitation
such as change the oil every X hundred of hours.

snip

Do you understand that the maintenance manual, other than the fact that
it has to exist, has nothing to do with certification?

Do you understand that if the maintenance manual calls out 'do not
inspect' for a part that FAA doesn't require it to be inspected? Or
are you going to change your story yet again?

Do you understand that for the aircraft to be certified the maker would
have to prove that everything, includinng tires and engine oil, has an
unlimited life?

--
Jim Pennino
Old July 11th 16, 08:21 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.astro
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

wrote:

Makers try very hard to not have ****ing airplanes falling out of the
sky, so if engineering analysis says that something needs to be
checked, you can be pretty sure that the maintenance manual is going
to specify checking it.

Makers have to prove the design meets the requirements of Part 25 14 CFR
during the certification process and the certification process has nothing
to do with on going maintenance other than the maintenance manual is a
part of the PAPERWORK requirements.

You keep saying that as if someone has said otherwise. Are you really
unable to read declarative English sentences, or is the "paperwork"
feeding into the next stage (operation) somehow beyond your ken?

Do you not understand the difference between design verification and on
going maintenance?

Do you not understand the difference between what I actually write and
what the voices in your head feeding your ego say?

snip

And if the manufacturer doesn't specify anything to inspect, FAA
happily mandates inspecting nothing?

Nope, the aircraft never gets through the certification process for lack
of a maintenance manual unless during the certification process the
maker has proved that all parts last forever, including the tires and
engine oil.

Again you cannot apparently read. I didn't say there wasn't a
maintenance manual.

I have said all along 100 hour inspections are PROGRESSIVE, which means
not ALL items are inspected every 100 hours but a subset of all the
items.

No you haven't. Perhaps the little voices in your head said that, but
it never made it out as electrons.

Yes, I have, several times now.

'Several times' is not 'all along'.

That means, for example, that the landing gear might be inspected during
the first 100 hour inspection within 12 calendar months and not inspected
again until the first 100 hour inspecton of the next 12 calendar months.

Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

It's not a problem with my understanding. It's a problem with your
apparent inability to say the same thing two days in a row.

Try staying sober two days in a row and it might start making sense
to you.

Try cutting down on your crack habit and perhaps you'll develop more
consistency and less need to shield your ego.

snip

Remember, this whole discussion originally started out as being about
A ROCKET. So, what we essentially have is that after all this
complaining YOU AGREE WITH WHAT I SAID IN THE FIRST PLACE and all this
"rarely pepper" is merely your attempt to save your massive ego now
that you realize it.

Nope.

Yep. What I've gotten from the preceding is "you're right in that
case, but that case rarely occurs". Well, with a brand new rocket
that case is the only case.

With have a curmudgeon determined to show the world he is an expert
on everythng who will argue with whatever I say even if it is a direct
quote from an authority.

Care to try that again in English? There is 'quoting' authority and
there is understanding it. You've shown you cannot do that latter and
in addition are arguing things no one but you ever said.

And you are overlooking the point that ALL systems must be inspected.

Even if the maintenance manual specifies "No Inspection"?

Which, again, will only happen if during the certification process the
maker proves that everything has an unlimited life, including tires and
engine oil.

Jesus, but you're stupid. You keep dragging up 'tires and engine
oil'. I didn't say the manual said EVERYTHING was a 'no inspect', you
arrogant little troll. However, how about oil-free engines and no
tires?

snip

What part of the FAA requires ALL systems to be inspected you do not
understand?

The part where you explain that the manufacturer specifies what gets
inspected in their maintenance manual, which they provide as part of
Certification.

I guess it is time to dumb it down even further.

Good. Perhaps you'll get it to the point where you understand it.

The maintenance manual is part of the required paperwork for certification.

Yep. We agree.

The maintenance manual describes the on going maintenance procedures for
the operation of the aircraft after certification.

Is it your contention that the maintenance manual does NOT call out
periodicity? You keep avoiding that little detail.

It is about things like changing the oil, proper torque when working on
wheel assemblies, tire inflation, allowable wear in moving parts, lubriaction
specifications, etc.

Including how often to do those things and how often to check things
to see that they are properly oiled, torqued, inflated, within wear,
lubricated, etc.

It is the normal maintenace performed on a thing to keep it working as
originally designed.

And, according to you, it is the source of the inspection regime.

What part of the maker simply lists what systems an aircraft has you do
not understand?

That would make for a mighty odd looking Maintenance Manual. And
you're changing your story again.

No, I am not.

Would you expect the maintenance manual to list other than the systems
a particular aircraft has?

Why, lots of things about how to, how often to, and when to perform
that maintenance. You keep manfully avoiding all those time related
things because they explode most of your arguments and your ego just
couldn't take it.

I did not explicitly state, again, that it contains the details such as
what type of spark plug and internal combutsion engine uses, but if you
weren't arguing just for the sake of arguing you would understand that.

Ah, but you see, I DO understand that. I also understand it should
tell me how often to check those plugs, how often to clean and regap
them, how often to replace them, etc. You seem in denial about all
that.

What part of very, very, very rarely do makers impose inspections more
stringent than required by the FAA do you not understand?

Which part of your own statement that what gets inspected and how
frequently is called out in the Maintenance Manual do you not
understand? I mean, it's your statement so you OUGHT to understand
it, but your statements seem to be formulated out of some particularly
runny Jello.

How frequently for an individual item is 12 months.

Regardless of the 'item'? That makes no sense.

For a maker to specify something more stringent than the FAA requirement
is economic suicide.

You still don't seem to get that it's possible to put in a higher
periodicity of maintenance part and SAVE maintenance hours overall.

snip

Medical knowledge has changed. The medical standards for pilots is based
on MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE, i.e. the cumulative history of medicine.

But the BLOODY PILOTS haven't changed. Turn your ego off and READ
WHAT IS WRITTEN.

Actually pilots have changed, The average pilot of today is taller and
heavier than those of a few decades ago.

And if we only ever let the 'average' pilot fly you might be able to
protect your ego by raising that bit of gorilla dust.

But that isn't the point, the point is that medical standards for pilots
have changed because medical knowledge has changes.

Which is irrelevant to what's being discussed.

[...]

In other words, you're arguing with the little voices in your head
again. The only one implying that the FAA is 'stuck in time' (except
for "very, very, very rare cases") is YOU.

snip

And again the Mighty Chimp has lost the original thread. WE'RE
TALKING ABOUT A ****ING ROCKET, YOU BLOODY YAMMERHEAD.

My original post that started you froothing was about certification of
aircraft and you have continued to talk about certification of aircraft.

'Froothing'? That rather sounds like fun. Otherwise, you're just
engaging in Stupid Usenet Tricks 101 tactics; "claim the other guy is
losing his temper".

Now that you are in a corner with your ignorance you are trying to negate
all of your curmudgeon posts and ignoring the fact I said many posts ago
to that other guy you are trying to browbeat that FAA certification of
aircraft has nothing to do with the rockets of SpaceX.

So why did you inject yourself in the first place? Why are you still
arguing, Your Magnificence?

snip

The numbers in a maintenance manual are numbers like how much oil goes
into the engine and the torgue on a replaced bolt. Nothing whatsoever to
do with what goes on in certification.

But the numbers in a maintenance manual most certainly do call out how
frequently X needs to be inspected/maintained.

No, they do not normally.

Then what good is it? Even a car maintenance manual calls that stuff
out.

Normally it is once every 12 months.

If the aircraft is expected to be in a high usage environment racking up
many thousands of hours per year, SOME things MAY have an hour limitation
such as change the oil every X hundred of hours.

Every 12 months whether it needs it or not and whether that's too long
or not. Yeah, right.

snip

Do you understand that the maintenance manual, other than the fact that
it has to exist, has nothing to do with certification?

Do you understand that if the maintenance manual calls out 'do not
inspect' for a part that FAA doesn't require it to be inspected? Or
are you going to change your story yet again?

Do you understand that for the aircraft to be certified the maker would
have to prove that everything, includinng tires and engine oil, has an
unlimited life?

Do you not understand the difference between "for *a* part" and "for
*all* parts"? What I said was the former. Why would I need to prove
anything about tires or engine oil if I made an armrest 'no inspect'?

Put your giant ego to bed and stop looking for things to argue about.

territory."
--G. Behn
Old July 11th 16, 04:50 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.astro
[email protected]

wrote:

Makers try very hard to not have ****ing airplanes falling out of the
sky, so if engineering analysis says that something needs to be
checked, you can be pretty sure that the maintenance manual is going
to specify checking it.

Makers have to prove the design meets the requirements of Part 25 14 CFR
during the certification process and the certification process has nothing
to do with on going maintenance other than the maintenance manual is a
part of the PAPERWORK requirements.

You keep saying that as if someone has said otherwise. Are you really
unable to read declarative English sentences, or is the "paperwork"
feeding into the next stage (operation) somehow beyond your ken?

You are the one blathering on about on going, routine inspections and
maintenance being part of certification, which by the way has nothing
to do with "****ing rockets".

Do you not understand the difference between design verification and on
going maintenance?

Do you not understand the difference between what I actually write and
what the voices in your head feeding your ego say?

Backed into a corner by your blather and trying to deny it now?

snip

And if the manufacturer doesn't specify anything to inspect, FAA
happily mandates inspecting nothing?

Nope, the aircraft never gets through the certification process for lack
of a maintenance manual unless during the certification process the
maker has proved that all parts last forever, including the tires and
engine oil.

Again you cannot apparently read. I didn't say there wasn't a
maintenance manual.

Correct, but you keep insisting the performance of the maintenance
manual is part of certification process, it is not.

I have said all along 100 hour inspections are PROGRESSIVE, which means
not ALL items are inspected every 100 hours but a subset of all the
items.

No you haven't. Perhaps the little voices in your head said that, but
it never made it out as electrons.

Yes, I have, several times now.

'Several times' is not 'all along'.

This thread does not go back to the start of time.

That means, for example, that the landing gear might be inspected during
the first 100 hour inspection within 12 calendar months and not inspected
again until the first 100 hour inspecton of the next 12 calendar months.

Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

It's not a problem with my understanding. It's a problem with your
apparent inability to say the same thing two days in a row.

Try staying sober two days in a row and it might start making sense
to you.

Try cutting down on your crack habit and perhaps you'll develop more
consistency and less need to shield your ego.

Backed yourself into a corner and now all you have is childish insults.

snip

Remember, this whole discussion originally started out as being about
A ROCKET. So, what we essentially have is that after all this
complaining YOU AGREE WITH WHAT I SAID IN THE FIRST PLACE and all this
"rarely pepper" is merely your attempt to save your massive ego now
that you realize it.

Nope.

Yep. What I've gotten from the preceding is "you're right in that
case, but that case rarely occurs". Well, with a brand new rocket
that case is the only case.

Rockets do not have anything to do with aircraft certification.

With have a curmudgeon determined to show the world he is an expert
on everythng who will argue with whatever I say even if it is a direct
quote from an authority.

Care to try that again in English? There is 'quoting' authority and
there is understanding it. You've shown you cannot do that latter and
in addition are arguing things no one but you ever said.

Backed into a corner by your blather, are you?

And you are overlooking the point that ALL systems must be inspected.

Even if the maintenance manual specifies "No Inspection"?

Which, again, will only happen if during the certification process the
maker proves that everything has an unlimited life, including tires and
engine oil.

Jesus, but you're stupid. You keep dragging up 'tires and engine
oil'. I didn't say the manual said EVERYTHING was a 'no inspect', you
arrogant little troll. However, how about oil-free engines and no
tires?

What about them?

Maintenance manuals written by sane people say what to do, the do NOT
say what NOT to do.

This is just more childish twaddle for the sake of arguement.

snip

What part of the FAA requires ALL systems to be inspected you do not
understand?

The part where you explain that the manufacturer specifies what gets
inspected in their maintenance manual, which they provide as part of
Certification.

I guess it is time to dumb it down even further.

Good. Perhaps you'll get it to the point where you understand it.

The maintenance manual is part of the required paperwork for certification.

Yep. We agree.

The maintenance manual describes the on going maintenance procedures for
the operation of the aircraft after certification.

Is it your contention that the maintenance manual does NOT call out
periodicity? You keep avoiding that little detail.

99.99% of the time, it does not.

Periodicity is 100 hours or 12 months as I keep saying.

It is about things like changing the oil, proper torque when working on
wheel assemblies, tire inflation, allowable wear in moving parts, lubriaction
specifications, etc.

Including how often to do those things and how often to check things
to see that they are properly oiled, torqued, inflated, within wear,
lubricated, etc.

100 hours or 12 months.

It is the normal maintenace performed on a thing to keep it working as
originally designed.

And, according to you, it is the source of the inspection regime.

Which is performed 100 hours or 12 months.

What part of the maker simply lists what systems an aircraft has you do
not understand?

That would make for a mighty odd looking Maintenance Manual. And
you're changing your story again.

No, I am not.

Would you expect the maintenance manual to list other than the systems
a particular aircraft has?

Why, lots of things about how to, how often to, and when to perform
that maintenance. You keep manfully avoiding all those time related
things because they explode most of your arguments and your ego just
couldn't take it.

How often is 100 hours or 12 months.

I did not explicitly state, again, that it contains the details such as
what type of spark plug and internal combutsion engine uses, but if you
weren't arguing just for the sake of arguing you would understand that.

Ah, but you see, I DO understand that. I also understand it should
tell me how often to check those plugs, how often to clean and regap
them, how often to replace them, etc. You seem in denial about all
that.

100 hours or 12 months.

If it is dirty, you clean it, if worn out, you replace it.

What part of very, very, very rarely do makers impose inspections more
stringent than required by the FAA do you not understand?

Which part of your own statement that what gets inspected and how
frequently is called out in the Maintenance Manual do you not
understand? I mean, it's your statement so you OUGHT to understand
it, but your statements seem to be formulated out of some particularly
runny Jello.

How frequently for an individual item is 12 months.

Regardless of the 'item'? That makes no sense.

Tell that to the FAA.

For a maker to specify something more stringent than the FAA requirement
is economic suicide.

You still don't seem to get that it's possible to put in a higher
periodicity of maintenance part and SAVE maintenance hours overall.

That has never been shown to be true in the entire history of aviation.

snip

Medical knowledge has changed. The medical standards for pilots is based
on MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE, i.e. the cumulative history of medicine.

But the BLOODY PILOTS haven't changed. Turn your ego off and READ
WHAT IS WRITTEN.

Actually pilots have changed, The average pilot of today is taller and
heavier than those of a few decades ago.

And if we only ever let the 'average' pilot fly you might be able to
protect your ego by raising that bit of gorilla dust.

Childing twaddle.

But that isn't the point, the point is that medical standards for pilots
have changed because medical knowledge has changes.

Which is irrelevant to what's being discussed.

What was being discussed is what the FAA requires changes over time.

[...]

Nope, you are the one that went on and on over "new stuff".

snip

And again the Mighty Chimp has lost the original thread. WE'RE
TALKING ABOUT A ****ING ROCKET, YOU BLOODY YAMMERHEAD.

My original post that started you froothing was about certification of
aircraft and you have continued to talk about certification of aircraft.

'Froothing'? That rather sounds like fun. Otherwise, you're just
engaging in Stupid Usenet Tricks 101 tactics; "claim the other guy is
losing his temper".

And you are throwing out a red herring.

Now that you are in a corner with your ignorance you are trying to negate
all of your curmudgeon posts and ignoring the fact I said many posts ago
to that other guy you are trying to browbeat that FAA certification of
aircraft has nothing to do with the rockets of SpaceX.

So why did you inject yourself in the first place? Why are you still
arguing, Your Magnificence?

This all started when YOU jumped on my comments to someone else.

snip

The numbers in a maintenance manual are numbers like how much oil goes
into the engine and the torgue on a replaced bolt. Nothing whatsoever to
do with what goes on in certification.

But the numbers in a maintenance manual most certainly do call out how
frequently X needs to be inspected/maintained.

No, they do not normally.

Then what good is it? Even a car maintenance manual calls that stuff
out.

100 hours and 12 months.

Normally it is once every 12 months.

If the aircraft is expected to be in a high usage environment racking up
many thousands of hours per year, SOME things MAY have an hour limitation
such as change the oil every X hundred of hours.

Every 12 months whether it needs it or not and whether that's too long
or not. Yeah, right.

Yeah, right, it is the ****ing law.

snip

Do you understand that the maintenance manual, other than the fact that
it has to exist, has nothing to do with certification?

Do you understand that if the maintenance manual calls out 'do not
inspect' for a part that FAA doesn't require it to be inspected? Or
are you going to change your story yet again?

Do you understand that for the aircraft to be certified the maker would
have to prove that everything, includinng tires and engine oil, has an
unlimited life?

Do you not understand the difference between "for *a* part" and "for
*all* parts"? What I said was the former. Why would I need to prove
anything about tires or engine oil if I made an armrest 'no inspect'?

No sane person writes a maintenance manual that says not to maintain
something that requires no maintenance.

Your are being childish just to argue.

--
Jim Pennino
Old July 12th 16, 05:35 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.astro
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

wrote:

Makers try very hard to not have ****ing airplanes falling out of the
sky, so if engineering analysis says that something needs to be
checked, you can be pretty sure that the maintenance manual is going
to specify checking it.

Makers have to prove the design meets the requirements of Part 25 14 CFR
during the certification process and the certification process has nothing
to do with on going maintenance other than the maintenance manual is a
part of the PAPERWORK requirements.

You keep saying that as if someone has said otherwise. Are you really
unable to read declarative English sentences, or is the "paperwork"
feeding into the next stage (operation) somehow beyond your ken?

You are the one blathering on about on going, routine inspections and
maintenance being part of certification, which by the way has nothing
to do with "****ing rockets".

I never said any such thing. Please stop listening to the little
voices in your head AND READ THE BLOODY WORDS.

Do you not understand the difference between design verification and on
going maintenance?

Do you not understand the difference between what I actually write and
what the voices in your head feeding your ego say?

Backed into a corner by your blather and trying to deny it now?

I also deny that I'm the love child of Hitler and Mussolini. I deny
it because it's hogwash, like what your little voices are telling you.

snip

And if the manufacturer doesn't specify anything to inspect, FAA
happily mandates inspecting nothing?

Nope, the aircraft never gets through the certification process for lack
of a maintenance manual unless during the certification process the
maker has proved that all parts last forever, including the tires and
engine oil.

Again you cannot apparently read. I didn't say there wasn't a
maintenance manual.

Correct, but you keep insisting the performance of the maintenance
manual is part of certification process, it is not.

I've said no such thing. You really cannot read simple English, can
you?

I have said all along 100 hour inspections are PROGRESSIVE, which means
not ALL items are inspected every 100 hours but a subset of all the
items.

No you haven't. Perhaps the little voices in your head said that, but
it never made it out as electrons.

Yes, I have, several times now.

'Several times' is not 'all along'.

This thread does not go back to the start of time.

True, but irrelevant. It goes back to the start of the thread
(obviously) which is 'all along' in the context of the discussion.

That means, for example, that the landing gear might be inspected during
the first 100 hour inspection within 12 calendar months and not inspected
again until the first 100 hour inspecton of the next 12 calendar months.

Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

It's not a problem with my understanding. It's a problem with your
apparent inability to say the same thing two days in a row.

Try staying sober two days in a row and it might start making sense
to you.

Try cutting down on your crack habit and perhaps you'll develop more
consistency and less need to shield your ego.

Backed yourself into a corner and now all you have is childish insults.

You started it, Chimp. Now when it's done back to you it's "childish
insults". That pretty much says it all. Giant Ego thinks it gets a
different set of rules.

snip

Remember, this whole discussion originally started out as being about
A ROCKET. So, what we essentially have is that after all this
complaining YOU AGREE WITH WHAT I SAID IN THE FIRST PLACE and all this
"rarely pepper" is merely your attempt to save your massive ego now
that you realize it.

Nope.

Yep. What I've gotten from the preceding is "you're right in that
case, but that case rarely occurs". Well, with a brand new rocket
that case is the only case.

Rockets do not have anything to do with aircraft certification.

Who said it did? The only thing in need of 'certification' here
appears to be you.

With have a curmudgeon determined to show the world he is an expert
on everythng who will argue with whatever I say even if it is a direct
quote from an authority.

Care to try that again in English? There is 'quoting' authority and
there is understanding it. You've shown you cannot do that latter and
in addition are arguing things no one but you ever said.

Backed into a corner by your blather, are you?

Still unable to read English and listening to the tiny voices in your
head, are you?

And you are overlooking the point that ALL systems must be inspected.

Even if the maintenance manual specifies "No Inspection"?

Which, again, will only happen if during the certification process the
maker proves that everything has an unlimited life, including tires and
engine oil.

Jesus, but you're stupid. You keep dragging up 'tires and engine
oil'. I didn't say the manual said EVERYTHING was a 'no inspect', you
arrogant little troll. However, how about oil-free engines and no
tires?

What about them?

Precisely. You were the one wanking on as if they were required.

Maintenance manuals written by sane people say what to do, the do NOT
say what NOT to do.

Actually, that's not quite true. Look for all those coloured boxes
labeled "Warning" and "Caution".

This is just more childish twaddle for the sake of arguement.

Good of you to label your output, but I think folks have figured you
out by now.

snip

What part of the FAA requires ALL systems to be inspected you do not
understand?

The part where you explain that the manufacturer specifies what gets
inspected in their maintenance manual, which they provide as part of
Certification.

I guess it is time to dumb it down even further.

Good. Perhaps you'll get it to the point where you understand it.

The maintenance manual is part of the required paperwork for certification.

Yep. We agree.

The maintenance manual describes the on going maintenance procedures for
the operation of the aircraft after certification.

Is it your contention that the maintenance manual does NOT call out
periodicity? You keep avoiding that little detail.

99.99% of the time, it does not.

Periodicity is 100 hours or 12 months as I keep saying.

Yes, and you say the 100 hours inspections actually add up to a 12
month inspection, too. So you only check engine oil and tires every
100 hours? Even if they only need it every 300 hours?

Your answer will no doubt be that those items would then only be
included in every third 100 hour inspection. AND WHERE DOES THAT
NUMBER TRACE BACK TO?

[...]

And how do you arrive at your conclusions about how frequently a given
item must be tested? Where do those numbers trace back to?

[...]

It certainly sounds like someone should, but I suspect that's already
been done and it doesn't actually work the braindead way you make it
sound like it works.

For a maker to specify something more stringent than the FAA requirement
is economic suicide.

You still don't seem to get that it's possible to put in a higher
periodicity of maintenance part and SAVE maintenance hours overall.

That has never been shown to be true in the entire history of aviation.

Bull****. Now you're just making **** up.

Let us suppose that I have a bunch of cables and pulleys and such that
require annual maintenance. Let's say there are 10 of them and each
cable requires 10 hours of maintenance a year, for a total maintenance
requirement per year of 100 hours. Suppose further that each cable
must be replaced every 5 years for an additional 25 hours per cable.
Now suppose that I replace all those cables with a set of cable runs
that only require a 5 hour inspection every 5 years and never require
replacement, a set of 10 motors that only require a 1 hour inspection
every year, and a control computer for the whole works that requires a
5 minute inspection/test every 100 hours.

Original maintenance budget over 5 years was 750 hours. Maintenance
budget with the 'high inspection' computer is less than 700 hours and
almost all of that is the result of those 5 minute computer checks
(and assuming a preposterously high flight rate). Since it's a 5
minute check it can be done overnight. Maintenance time reduced by
adding a preposterously high periodicity check.

snip

Medical knowledge has changed. The medical standards for pilots is based
on MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE, i.e. the cumulative history of medicine.

But the BLOODY PILOTS haven't changed. Turn your ego off and READ
WHAT IS WRITTEN.

Actually pilots have changed, The average pilot of today is taller and
heavier than those of a few decades ago.

And if we only ever let the 'average' pilot fly you might be able to
protect your ego by raising that bit of gorilla dust.

Childing twaddle.

Stuck on stupid. Now you're 'arguing' about something that you said
didn't even apply. Gigantic Ego successfully poked.

But that isn't the point, the point is that medical standards for pilots
have changed because medical knowledge has changes.

Which is irrelevant to what's being discussed.

What was being discussed is what the FAA requires changes over time.

And there's the problem. Your gigantic ego has you over in your own
discussion while the tiny voices in your head try to bend everything
everyone else says to fit.

No, Chimp. What was being discussed was technological change TO THE
PARTS OF THE SYSTEM. Technological change TO THE TESTS THEMSELVES is
a totally different thing. We have all kinds of fancy stuff for
testing structure these days that they didn't have in 1926. So what?

[...]

And you claiming it's so rare that the FAA just doesn't bother to
account for it at all and it's not worth discussing.

snip

And again the Mighty Chimp has lost the original thread. WE'RE
TALKING ABOUT A ****ING ROCKET, YOU BLOODY YAMMERHEAD.

My original post that started you froothing was about certification of
aircraft and you have continued to talk about certification of aircraft.

'Froothing'? That rather sounds like fun. Otherwise, you're just
engaging in Stupid Usenet Tricks 101 tactics; "claim the other guy is
losing his temper".

And you are throwing out a red herring.

And you are attempting to construct a strawman ad hominem argument.

Now that you are in a corner with your ignorance you are trying to negate
all of your curmudgeon posts and ignoring the fact I said many posts ago
to that other guy you are trying to browbeat that FAA certification of
aircraft has nothing to do with the rockets of SpaceX.

So why did you inject yourself in the first place? Why are you still
arguing, Your Magnificence?

This all started when YOU jumped on my comments to someone else.

This is Usenet, not email. This all started when you were (stupidly)
trolled into the middle of an ongoing discussion with no history and
your gigantic ego insisted you respond.

snip

The numbers in a maintenance manual are numbers like how much oil goes
into the engine and the torgue on a replaced bolt. Nothing whatsoever to
do with what goes on in certification.

But the numbers in a maintenance manual most certainly do call out how
frequently X needs to be inspected/maintained.

No, they do not normally.

Then what good is it? Even a car maintenance manual calls that stuff
out.

100 hours and 12 months.

Whether it needs it or not. And how do you decide just which bits
need it every 100 hours? Periodicity must be specified SOMEWHERE for
that part. You say the maintenance manual doesn't have it, so where
is it?

If it requires inspection every third 100 hour check, HOW DO YOU KNOW?

Normally it is once every 12 months.

If the aircraft is expected to be in a high usage environment racking up
many thousands of hours per year, SOME things MAY have an hour limitation
such as change the oil every X hundred of hours.

Every 12 months whether it needs it or not and whether that's too long
or not. Yeah, right.

Yeah, right, it is the ****ing law.

Then the law, sir, is an ass.

snip

Do you understand that the maintenance manual, other than the fact that
it has to exist, has nothing to do with certification?

Do you understand that if the maintenance manual calls out 'do not
inspect' for a part that FAA doesn't require it to be inspected? Or
are you going to change your story yet again?

Do you understand that for the aircraft to be certified the maker would
have to prove that everything, includinng tires and engine oil, has an
unlimited life?

Do you not understand the difference between "for *a* part" and "for
*all* parts"? What I said was the former. Why would I need to prove
anything about tires or engine oil if I made an armrest 'no inspect'?

No sane person writes a maintenance manual that says not to maintain
something that requires no maintenance.

Still can't read, I see. Please compare 'no inspect' to 'no
maintenance' and tell me if the two strings look at all different to
you.

Your are being childish just to argue.

Irony. It's not like silvery or bronzey...

territory."
--G. Behn
Old July 12th 16, 07:08 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.astro
[email protected]

In sci.physics Fred J. McCall wrote:
wrote:

snip

I never said any such thing. Please stop listening to the little
voices in your head AND READ THE BLOODY WORDS.

The words as you choose to define them after the fact.

snip

I also deny that I'm the love child of Hitler and Mussolini. I deny
it because it's hogwash, like what your little voices are telling you.

Childish attack mode when backed into a corner.

snip

I've said no such thing. You really cannot read simple English, can
you?

You actually insisted it must be so. Do you not read your own "BLOODY WORDS"?

snip

True, but irrelevant. It goes back to the start of the thread
(obviously) which is 'all along' in the context of the discussion.

Backed into a corner and grasping at symantic.

You started it, Chimp. Now when it's done back to you it's "childish
insults". That pretty much says it all. Giant Ego thinks it gets a
different set of rules.

Backed into a corner and in attack mode.

All this started when I commented on someone else's post. You are the
one that jumped in with both feet.

snip

Rockets do not have anything to do with aircraft certification.

Who said it did? The only thing in need of 'certification' here
appears to be you.

You are the one that brought up "****ing rockets".

Are ""****ing rockets" different than any other kind of rockets?

snip

Still unable to read English and listening to the tiny voices in your
head, are you?

Still trying to spin and deny what you have said over and over?

snip

Precisely. You were the one wanking on as if they were required.

What were required?

Maintenance manuals written by sane people say what to do, the do NOT
say what NOT to do.

Actually, that's not quite true. Look for all those coloured boxes
labeled "Warning" and "Caution".

Which have nothing to do with not inspecting something.

BTW I have never seen either a colored or coloured box labeled "Warning"
or "Caution" in an aircraft maintenance manual.

This is just more childish twaddle for the sake of arguement.

Good of you to label your output, but I think folks have figured you
out by now.

See above about colored boxes.

snip

Yes, and you say the 100 hours inspections actually add up to a 12
month inspection, too. So you only check engine oil and tires every
100 hours? Even if they only need it every 300 hours?

Actually, oil and tires are checked every time before flight during the
preflight inspection, which has NOTHING to do with the maintenance
manual, as it is part of the operational manual.

But since you know nothing about aviation I would not expect you to
know that.

Your answer will no doubt be that those items would then only be
included in every third 100 hour inspection. AND WHERE DOES THAT
NUMBER TRACE BACK TO?

What number?

snip

Yes, and you say the 100 hours inspections actually add up to a 12
month inspection, too. So you only check engine oil and tires every
100 hours? Even if they only need it every 300 hours?

Actually, oil and tires are checked every time before flight during the
preflight inspection, which has NOTHING to do with the maintenance
manual, as it is part of the operational manual.

Your answer will no doubt be that those items would then only be
included in every third 100 hour inspection. AND WHERE DOES THAT
NUMBER TRACE BACK TO?

What number?

snip

And how do you arrive at your conclusions about how frequently a given
item must be tested? Where do those numbers trace back to?

Nothing is tested during on going maintenance, it is inspected at
least once in 12 months.

[...]

You have no clue how any of it works because you know nothing about
aviation and all the regulations that govern it and are basing everything
you say on what YOU think things should be.

The FAA bases the requirments on about a century worth of accumulated
knowledge which seems to be working pretty well and when something
isn't working, the regulations are changed.

snip

So show some actual data or shut the **** up about it.

Let us suppose that I have a bunch of cables and pulleys and such that
require annual maintenance. Let's say there are 10 of them and each
cable requires 10 hours of maintenance a year, for a total maintenance
requirement per year of 100 hours. Suppose further that each cable
must be replaced every 5 years for an additional 25 hours per cable.
Now suppose that I replace all those cables with a set of cable runs
that only require a 5 hour inspection every 5 years and never require
replacement, a set of 10 motors that only require a 1 hour inspection
every year, and a control computer for the whole works that requires a
5 minute inspection/test every 100 hours.

A total fair tale scenario that also shows you know nothing about how
aircraft systems work.

Original maintenance budget over 5 years was 750 hours. Maintenance
budget with the 'high inspection' computer is less than 700 hours and
almost all of that is the result of those 5 minute computer checks
(and assuming a preposterously high flight rate). Since it's a 5
minute check it can be done overnight. Maintenance time reduced by
adding a preposterously high periodicity check.

In your fairy tale world, but not in the real world of aviation.

For starters, for airplanes with cables, the cable would be checked
for slack or play around the pulleys and the pulleys would be inspected
for wear. As cables come in pairs, you would do both at the same time
and it would take all of about a minute. The idea of having a computer
contolled cable and pulley system in an airplane is just ludicrous.

snip giant pile of nonsense spew

Whether it needs it or not. And how do you decide just which bits
need it every 100 hours? Periodicity must be specified SOMEWHERE for
that part. You say the maintenance manual doesn't have it, so where
is it?

FAA requlations.

snip

Every 12 months whether it needs it or not and whether that's too long
or not. Yeah, right.

Yeah, right, it is the ****ing law.

Then the law, sir, is an ass.

So here we have it, McCrap who knows nothing about aviation knows better
what is to be done than the FAA with about a century's worth of
accumulated knowledge and thousands of actual aviation professionals.

snip remaining crap

--
Jim Pennino
Old July 13th 16, 01:46 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.astro
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

I note that you've carefully deleted all context from my remarks, you
intellectually dishonest ****.

wrote:

In sci.physics Fred J. McCall wrote:
wrote:

snip

[...]

"You take the lies out of him, and he'll shrink to the size of
your hat; you take the malice out of him, and he'll disappear."
-- Mark Twain
Old July 13th 16, 03:56 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.astro
[email protected]

In sci.physics Fred J. McCall wrote:
I note that you've carefully deleted all context from my remarks, you
intellectually dishonest ****.

I snipped out all your silly bile, you cantankerous ignorant idiot.

Show me something in 14 CFR that is contrary to what I have said or
shut the **** up.

--
Jim Pennino