home made observatory any advice?

Old March 23rd 04, 04:08 PM
Simon

Default home made observatory any advice?

well we are moving soon, and the shed i built to house my scope in isnt
coming with us
and I plan to build a proper observatory, and I was thinking of making it
just big enough for my scope
and doing everything remotely with a pc and cameraI back at the house which
i do at the moment
I know there are those fibre glass domes for about £2000
but thats out of my budget and it would take over the garden a bit too much
as well.

anyway, if anyone has come accross anything or has any ideas, or advice it
would be much appreciated to
here it

Regards

Old March 23rd 04, 06:02 PM
Steve Taylor

Simon wrote:
well we are moving soon, and the shed i built to house my scope in isnt
coming with us
and I plan to build a proper observatory, and I was thinking of making it
just big enough for my scope
and doing everything remotely with a pc and cameraI back at the house which
i do at the moment
I know there are those fibre glass domes for about £2000
but thats out of my budget and it would take over the garden a bit too much
as well.

I can get 2.2metre hemispheres in fibre glass for around 600 quid, if
that is of interest.

Steve
Old March 24th 04, 09:30 AM
Adam

Simon

Check the Observatories Yahoo group for a bunch of
like minded soles.

Adam

"Simon" wrote in
message newshZ7c.31$l96.5@newsfe1-win...

Old March 25th 04, 07:54 PM
Maurice Gavin

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:08:40 -0000, "Simon"
wrote:

and I plan to build a proper observatory, and I was thinking of making it
just big enough for my scope

anyway, if anyone has come accross anything or has any ideas, or advice it
would be much appreciated to
here it

My self-built small ob with dome cost about the same as a small shed -
see

http://www.astroman.fsnet.co.uk/overview.htm
Old March 25th 04, 10:01 PM
Chris.B

Steve Taylor wrote in message ...

I can get 2.2metre hemispheres in fibre glass for around 600 quid, if
that is of interest.

Steve

Just being nosey Steve. What are these hemispheres used for normally?

Chris.B
Old March 25th 04, 10:32 PM
Steve @ The UK Speedtrap Guide

"Chris.B" wrote in message
om...
Steve Taylor wrote in message

I can get 2.2metre hemispheres in fibre glass for around 600 quid, if
that is of interest.

Steve

Just being nosey Steve. What are these hemispheres used for normally?

Chris.B

Is there any images of them that we can see on the net.
Steve

--
"The UK SpeedTrap Guide" @ http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk
"The UK Weather Guide" @ http://www.ukstorms.com