Fiscal sanity at risk: Rohrabacher adds Luna to his district

Old February 25th 04, 10:56 PM
Greg Kuperberg

Default Fiscal sanity at risk: Rohrabacher adds Luna to his district

In article ,
Steve Dufour wrote:
The four-days of discussion [about asteroids hitting the Earth] were
kicked off by Congressman Dana Rohrabacher, Chairman of the House
Science Committee's Space and Aeronautics Subcommittee.

"The Moon could well be a base of operations that we could use as a
means to defend this planet in a timely way, and a more effective way,
against near Earth objects," Rohrabacher explained.

And once we set up that lunar fort, we'll need you to man it, General
Rohrabacher. The fort will be out at the edge of the moon, for a first
line of defense. That's called the lunatic fringe. It's one of those
sweet spots that your colleague Senator Brownback mentioned.

--
/\ Greg Kuperberg (UC Davis)
/ \
Old February 26th 04, 11:33 AM
William Elliot

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Greg Kuperberg wrote:

In article ,
Steve Dufour wrote:
"The Moon could well be a base of operations that we could use as a
means to defend this planet in a timely way, and a more effective way,
against near Earth objects," Rohrabacher explained.

And once we set up that lunar fort, we'll need you to man it, General
Rohrabacher. The fort will be out at the edge of the moon, for a first
line of defense. That's called the lunatic fringe. It's one of those
sweet spots that your colleague Senator Brownback mentioned.

The greatest danger to the people of the Earth is the people themselves.

Why waste money on space defense? Let's spend the money to reverse the
destruction of our habitate, the political corruption that accelerates the
destruction, the religions that preach accelerated birth rates and the
human compulsion to war.

Worry about a once in a million year event or face the reality of our own
self made destruction some time in the next several decades?

No a space defense program won't avert the forthcoming human made diaster
of this century nor will it be averted because the leaders and owners of
the world are obsessed with self aggrandizement to the destruction of all
about them.

So listen to them and their phony, purchased science that says no worry,
we can pollute, destroy, exploit to our hearts content with no problem.
Have we any choice but to puppet their orders?