New Vanguard model

Old November 16th 06, 08:26 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Default New Vanguard model

Also some other goodies, including a NERVA engine and the start of the
WvB 1969 Mars ship model:
http://renax.club.fr/sharkit/vanguard/vanguard.htm
If you ever wondered where the basic layout of the Soviet N-1 came from,
take a gander at the R-12 IRBM:
http://renax.club.fr/sharkit/R12B/R12B.htm

Pat
Old November 17th 06, 11:43 AM posted to sci.space.history
surfduke

On Nov 16, 3:26 pm, Pat Flannery wrote:
Also some other goodies, including a NERVA engine and the start of the
WvB 1969 Mars ship model:http://renax.club.fr/sharkit/vanguard/vanguard.htm
If you ever wondered where the basic layout of the Soviet N-1 came from,
take a gander at the R-12 IRBM:http://renax.club.fr/sharkit/R12B/R12B.htm

Pat

Thanks for the link Pat! Do you know of any detailed drawings, (With
Dim.), of the Vostok Capsule. I am also looking for a detailed drawing
of the Saturn 1, (Mission SA-6), I have many photos and drawings of
both subjects, (But no drawings with dim. & pattern details). The kids
in the club have many projects to work on, (But keep harping me about
doing these two).

Help if you can,

Carl

Old November 18th 06, 12:51 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

surfduke wrote:

Thanks for the link Pat! Do you know of any detailed drawings, (With
Dim.), of the Vostok Capsule.

There's lots of drawings of it out on the web, but not ones with
specific dimensions i could find
New Ware models makes a very detailed 1/48th scale model of the Vostok,
so you might want to get in touch with them, as they probably made
drawings that they based their model on: http://mek.kosmo.cz/newware/

I am also looking for a detailed drawing
of the Saturn 1, (Mission SA-6), I have many photos and drawings of
both subjects, (But no drawings with dim. & pattern details).

The book "Rockets Of The World" by Peter Alway is primarily for model
rocket builders, and has detailed drawings of both the Vostok booster
and the Saturn 1 an 1B with dimensions:
http://members.aol.com/SatrnPress/rotw.htm
This is out of print, but you may be able to get one through
interlibrary loan; here's the info on it:
Rockets Of The World, Second Edition, Peter Alway, Saturn Press, 1995,
ISBN 0-9627876-5-5
I've got the second edition, apparently there was a third edition also.
What the book really shines at is all the sounding rockets that are
covered in it. These are difficult to find info on, and as they lend
themselves well to model rocketry due to their fins, the book is an
excellent reference source for info on the various types.

Pat
Old November 18th 06, 09:03 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_4_]

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 18:51:16 -0600, Pat Flannery
wrote:

The book "Rockets Of The World" by Peter Alway is primarily for model
rocket builders, and has detailed drawings of both the Vostok booster
and the Saturn 1 an 1B with dimensions:
http://members.aol.com/SatrnPress/rotw.htm
This is out of print, but you may be able to get one through
interlibrary loan; here's the info on it:
Rockets Of The World, Second Edition, Peter Alway, Saturn Press, 1995,
ISBN 0-9627876-5-5
I've got the second edition, apparently there was a third edition also.
What the book really shines at is all the sounding rockets that are
covered in it. These are difficult to find info on, and as they lend
themselves well to model rocketry due to their fins, the book is an
excellent reference source for info on the various types.

....I second Pat's recommendation of Peter's book. While my own 1st
edition is long since gone - someone stole my copy from my cube at
D*ll and I never replaced it before it was too late - if you can find
a copy at a reasonable price, *get* it.

....The only sad part about Pat's bringing up Peter's book is Peter's
absence. No, he ain't dead - AFAIK - but his absence hereabouts in the
past few years is noticed. Met Peter at NARCON '02, and he's a great
guy to talk to, once he got over the shock of "You're *OM*???".

Guess he expected me to be 8' tall with three heads and a flaming
broadsword...

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old November 18th 06, 12:40 PM posted to sci.space.history
surfduke

Thanks Guys! I went to the nasa archive and was able to find some
detail pdf's. I have the dime. I need for the SA-6 and the exterior
detail. I will try Pat's idea, for info on the Vostok. You know guys,
It is great to have this group for real, constructive help, (LOL).
After all this is a History Group!

Carl

wrote:

The book "Rockets Of The World" by Peter Alway is primarily for model
rocket builders, and has detailed drawings of both the Vostok booster
and the Saturn 1 an 1B with dimensions:
http://members.aol.com/SatrnPress/rotw.htm
This is out of print, but you may be able to get one through
interlibrary loan; here's the info on it:
Rockets Of The World, Second Edition, Peter Alway, Saturn Press, 1995,
ISBN 0-9627876-5-5
I've got the second edition, apparently there was a third edition also.
What the book really shines at is all the sounding rockets that are
covered in it. These are difficult to find info on, and as they lend
themselves well to model rocketry due to their fins, the book is an
excellent reference source for info on the various types....I second Pat's recommendation of Peter's book. While my own 1st

] OMBlog -http://www.io.com/~o_m/omworld [

Old November 19th 06, 03:41 AM posted to sci.space.history
Scott Hedrick

"OM" wrote in message
Guess he expected me to be 8' tall with three heads and a flaming
broadsword...

As opposed to 8' wide with three flaming heads...which can be cured with a
shot of penicillin... :P

Vanguard-1 blow-up televised live? Jim Oberg History 22 May 15th 06 05:47 PM
CEV model [email protected] History 0 August 4th 05 08:57 PM
CEV model [email protected] Policy 0 August 4th 05 08:57 PM
Piltdown man as a model [email protected] UK Astronomy 1 February 26th 05 07:54 PM
3D Shuttle Model.. Doug Ellison Space Shuttle 3 September 25th 03 11:21 PM