National Aerospace Plane (X-30) announced 20 years ago

Old February 6th 06, 04:16 AM posted to sci.space.history

Default National Aerospace Plane (X-30) announced 20 years ago

"Air Raid" wrote in message
oups.com...

President Reagan's State of the Union 1986:
"we are going forward with research on a new Orient Express that could,
by the end of the next decade, take off from Dulles Airport, accelerate
up to 25 times the speed of sound, attaining low Earth orbit or flying
to Tokyo within two hours."

I'm glad it didn't happen. If I were going to Tokyo I wouldn't like having
to go to Washington first :-)

ASK THE JEWS WHERE THEY WERE THE LAST 2000 YEARS.... Saul Levy Misc 0 November 19th 05 12:00 AM
Bechtel Nevada: Control of the World's Largest Nuclear Weapons Facilities * Astronomy Misc 0 May 2nd 04 05:29 PM
"Face on Mars" G=EMC^2 Glazier Misc 43 January 12th 04 06:21 AM
Three aerospace innovators Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Orbital Sciences Combine strengths to design and build NASA's Orbital Space Plane Jacques van Oene Space Shuttle 1 October 15th 03 12:21 AM
Three aerospace innovators Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Orbital Sciences Combine strengths to design and build NASA's Orbital Space Plane Jacques van Oene Space Station 0 October 14th 03 03:31 PM