Troll control

Old February 25th 05, 07:56 PM
John Tanner

When faced with a bunch of stupid useless c#### who have hijacked
astronomy (even your astronomer royal is just an honorary title) and
build a cartoon universe,waste peoples tax money,pervert children's
education,weaken appreceation of the magnificense of the cosmos

because
some freak 100 years ago read H.G. Wells,you deserve to eat the s###

of
people like Tonkin and Frey.

You seem quite angry to me! If you are worried about perverting the
education of children then perhaps you should moderate your language
(this is an open newsgroup).

All the best,
John

Old February 25th 05, 09:05 PM

I would hardly call it an open forum,it is more like a mildly
consumerist website selling cataloguing as astronomy with the usual
garden variety 'authority' to keep conformity.

God forbid astronomy would break out among the zombies here and they
began to rediscover what Copernicus,Kepler and Roemer achieved despite
the assault on astronomical principles by Newton who managed to
scramble so much astronomical data that it would take years to sort it
all out.I make no apologies that spotting these things are easy for me
and it is almost hysterically funny when Albert and Isaac speak on
astronomical matters while it is not obvious to others.

I have been through the physics forums for years and well know the
tactics of waiting out by the 'authority' while the dupes go rabid
and even though they do not not know what they are attacking or
defending it always turns out the same result as a lesson in
conformity. I could'nt be bothered going through the motions this time
but I still detest that children are expected to swallow the same awful
indoctrination of Copernicus to Newton to the relativistic joker.

Astronomy as a discipline stopped at Roemer,cataloguers like Flamsteed
and Maskelyne were interested in terrestial longitudes rather than
astronomical modelling and altered things like the Equation of Time to
suit the sidereal method which is used today in cataloguing.

Most if not all things astronomical come with little effort but it has
nothing to do with equipment nor visible observations,at least not up
to a point.I see empiricalism try to make sense of my astronomical
heritage ,fail miserably but continue to conceal the failure with
highly technical jargon or exotic nonsense.

I am an astronomer who knows the value of what exists as I look out on
the cosmos,the great heritage passed on from one civilisation to the
next and and what I see in the joy of innocense in children.To be
insincere or try to fake,twist or pervert any of these elements for
pretensiousness is the greatest crime humanity can inflict on others
and it will always fail.

Failing is no big thing but unquestioning conformity is and insofar as
astronomy is a talent you cannot buy,the real enemy is the idea that
you can buy it or that there is such a thing as an amateur and
professional astronomy when all that really exists is cataloguing.

Old February 25th 05, 10:30 PM
Mark Allott

In article .com,
says...

John Tanner wrote:
I find it so surprising that there are so many angry trolls on

usenet.
Perhaps he trolls because he finds concepts such as 'space' and

'time'
a little to obscure for him?

because eveyone else is
doing it ;-)

--
John D. Tanner
http://observatory.open.ac.uk

I am neither a troll and neither am I angry.

Might you be a slightly miffed leprechaun then?

Old February 26th 05, 03:04 PM
Ron Larham

"Tim Hicks" wrote in message
Tim Hicks wrote:

Since the address you all keep posting
is a throwaway hotmail address I don't
think the offending poster is going to
be upset by the deluge of spam coming
his way.

But then again he might be able to get
the medication he needs from one
of those kind spammers offering every
medication under the Sun - or whatever
star the planet he is on is orbiting.

RonL

--
"Ignorance is the most delightful of the sciences .."

Old February 26th 05, 03:17 PM
Pete Lawrence

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 15:04:00 GMT, "Ron Larham"
wrote:

"Tim Hicks" wrote in message
Tim Hicks wrote:

Since the address you all keep posting
is a throwaway hotmail address I don't
think the offending poster is going to
be upset by the deluge of spam coming
his way.

But then again he might be able to get
the medication he needs from one
of those kind spammers offering every
medication under the Sun - or whatever
star the planet he is on is orbiting.

Is he still posting? He no longer appears for me. Has he reached the
oh so predictable trolling phase where they no longer get replies to
longer threads so they start a multitude of new threads yet? If he
hasn't, media starvation will soon push him that way thus revealing
his true integrity.

--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old February 26th 05, 05:07 PM
Jo

In ,
Pete Lawrence typed:

Is he still posting? He no longer appears for me. Has he reached the
oh so predictable trolling phase where they no longer get replies to
longer threads so they start a multitude of new threads yet? If he
hasn't, media starvation will soon push him that way thus revealing
his true integrity.

Either my plonk feature is not working properly or he has that other
trollish trait...address morphing. His messages started appearing after a
couple of days of peace.

Jo

Old February 26th 05, 05:53 PM
Roger Smith

"Jo" wrote in message
In ,
Pete Lawrence typed:

Is he still posting? He no longer appears for me. Has he reached the
oh so predictable trolling phase where they no longer get replies to
longer threads so they start a multitude of new threads yet? If he
hasn't, media starvation will soon push him that way thus revealing
his true integrity.

Either my plonk feature is not working properly or he has that other
trollish trait...address morphing. His messages started appearing after a
couple of days of peace.

Jo

Jo

My plonk feature seems to be working at the moment, so that reading some of
the current threads is rather like listening to half a mobile conversation
in a railway compartment.
:-)
Regards, Roger

Old February 26th 05, 06:21 PM
Stephen Tonkin

Jo wrote:
Either my plonk feature is not working properly or he has that other
trollish trait...address morphing.

Someone could make a fortune if they could invent some software that
would either identify or block *all* Artificial Stupidity bots like the
Oriel36 one or, better, would seek them out and permanently disable
them.

Best,
Stephen

Remove footfrommouth to reply

--
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
+ Stephen Tonkin | ATM Resources; Astro-Tutorials; Astro Books +
Old February 26th 05, 07:49 PM

You can take an arse to water.........

Chris.B

Old February 26th 05, 09:08 PM
John Tanner

I encourage you all to email abuse at esat dot net forwarding the
header information of any posts that you have found abusive from our
very own 'angry troll'. He might be using a fake Hotmail address, but
I'm sure that esat will be able to track him down.

Regards,
John

Why Conservatives Should Vote for Kerry Blair P. Houghton Policy 737 January 12th 05 04:16 AM
Al-Qaeda nukes real threat to USA  @ .  Amateur Astronomy 1 September 5th 04 05:21 AM
ATV Automated Transfer VehicleILA/Berlin Jacques van Oene Space Station 0 May 10th 04 02:38 PM
Space Shuttle ypauls Misc 3 March 15th 04 01:12 AM
Troll identies revealed and Yahoo troll group postings IamTrollBuster Amateur Astronomy 0 February 18th 04 09:32 PM